Skip to content

The Roadmap to v2.0 (11 Milestones Cleared!)

Comments

• IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    @Thels

I know I'm beautiful, you don't have to compliment with such words! I mean, honestly, it's just so flattering and...

Oh? You said beautifully? Hmm... That's a shame...

Training? He gets lots of training! Just... Not in the Arts of Summoning... Well, not that kind of summoning...

@Shandyr

Oh, I see. Well... If I had access to the Beta then I would absolutely partake in taking selfies with my one true love, Dorn. Oh Dorn... Doooorn... swoons
    [Deleted User]kaguanaAbelNonnahswriter
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited March 2016
    @Icecreamtub I indeed used the word Beautifully, yet that would not exclude the use of the word Beautiful! But wouldn't loose use of that word hurt the pride of the other Damsels? Regardless, you'd be a beautiful addition to the potential of faces that could be chosen as the reward for this challenge!

(Also, the chance of a male face winning it is just too darn high at the moment...)

Though, which client do you currently use?
    @Thels

Now you're just playing with me... But I don't hate it. Please, continue, Rivvil.

Well, one cannot help but be a born natural beauty... I apologise if Damsels find themselves wounded by my Aura of sensual-ism...

What is this Challenge we speak of, exactly? I'm not against, nor for, my face being plastered everywhere.

Client? I assume we meant Operating Software or Beamdog/Steam? At any rate, it's Beamdog and Windows, if that's the right answer.
    AbelSilverstar
    @Icecreamtub: Then technically, you should be able to request a Steam key, so that you could access the Beta. That would allow you to participate in this challenge, which requires you to make a Selfie of yourself playing the Beta. This is actually more like taking a Selfie with the screen displaying the game in the picture as well, because you're actually making a Selfie at that point, and thus not actively playing the game, but I guess that's a minor detail.

I'd be most delighted by your addition to the challenge, as I'd much prefer a pretty lady such as yourself being picked over another guy (nothing personal to the guys with that)! Wouldn't you want your face to represent CHARNAME on the PC of many a man(/boy) and the occasional lass as they plow their way through the Sword Coast?
    Abel
    @Thels

I'm not particularly fond of pestering people when I did already sign up for the beta, if I was not chosen then there is obviously a good enough reason, whether that be because the dog ate it or it was lost in the iron shortage of the Sword Coast.

You do, however, make a very tempting offer, Rivvil.
    D-ORCS SHALL RULE THE WORLD ONCE MORE!
    *ahem*

So all I'd have to do is message the beautiful and notorious @Dee, grab a Steam key and load up a beta game, open said game, find Dorn, press my soft lips up to the screen, click the "snap photo" on my electronic device and then send it onto this post? Oh Dorn, at long last everyone will see our lasting love, true and for all to see~

Froths at the mouth
    AbelArdul00zim00
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    It's "open" beta right now, anyone can join the V2.0 beta but not the SOD beta which is different.(the challenge is for the V2.0 beta)

That's how I understood it anyway.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Shandyr wrote: »
    @Icecreamtub
    Because currently there's a challenge.
    We are asked to make pictures of ourselves while playing the beta
    Not entirely true, my dear:
    while you're playing the beta, or somehow showcasing the beta in the same picture
    But who would have the idea of displaying a screenshot of the beta client instead of the client itself? Ooh! That would be treacherous!
    mf2112
    edited March 2016
    @GrimLefourbe: The 2.0 beta is only available on Steam, and to a select group of users on BeamDog.

@Icecreamtub: You actually need to email support@beamdog.com, using the email address that is linked to your Beamdog account. Inform them you'd like to request Steam keys for the Beamdog game(s) that you own. Be sure to specify for which game or games you wish you request the key. To qualify for this challenge, you need to request a key for either BGEE or BGIIEE (or both).

One you have received said steam key, you need to register it in Steam. In your Steam client, there should be an "Add game" option, and if you click that, a menu pops up, where you should choose "Activate product on Steam", upon which you can register the Steam key that you received in your mail. (Note that I have a Dutch Steam client, so translations may be slightly off.)

Once you've registered the game, rightclick it in your Library, and choose "Properties". Go to the Beta's tab, and enter the correct key:

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - aeK4fiexKuz4voav
    Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition - zee5Ahgegoh4Ohgh

Then click on "Check Code". Once the key is confirmed, change the dropdown to the 2.0 beta version. Once that's done, install the game.

Then start the game, and take a Selfie with the screen portraying the game included in the picture. Now I assume that if you win the contest, this Selfie will be the base for your portrait, so you should appear charming and beautiful in it, which in your case would be a task hard to fail at.

EDIT: Or you could use @Abel's loophole. ;)
    Abellolien
    @Thels

I will pretend I understood a single thing you just said.
    Jairyannakaguana
    @Icecreamtub If you need help with a specific step, do not hesitate to ask!
    lolien
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Sorry, I can't participate here. I'm waiting for 2.0 to go live. But more than that, I don't own a smart phone, nor do I have wireless service. My pet triceratops says hello from here in the beautiful, peaceful, Cretaceous period. As long as that pesky T-Rex that keeps crapping in my yard and roaring at Cera doesn't come back around again...
    Laughed so hard at this. Thanks a lot :D
    [Deleted User]BelgarathMTH
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    @Thels... and *moar* screens apparently! :lol:
    Jairyannakaguanalolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I think @Shandyr caused a hack of this thread. New posts keep appearing here faster than I blink.
    [Deleted User]kaguanalolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    Rodrian wrote: »
    @Thels... and *moar* screens apparently! :lol:

There's actually a fourth screen off to the right, out of the picture's sight. That said, they're not all hooked up to the same PC.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovkaguana
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    I think we may have hit 25 Selfies...? :o:#
    DanathionAdulJuliusBorisovlolien