I'm completely dissapointed in these forums

13»

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

I did a thing!

WOO!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    mlnevese said:

I would really like to say a lot more than what I'm about to say but as a moderator I believe it would be inappropriate. So Let me just repeat what I posted in my wall when we noticed the situation was improving.

"A big thank you to all of you who have maintained a cool head and tried to argument and have a civil conversation instead of flaming. "

And let me add one more thing. I'm very proud of you.

Being able to put my head in the freezer made it easy for me...

Plus I cannot big up enough the excellent preserving properties...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

So did the light turn off when you closed the door my friend?

Spoilers!!!
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Friday and SOD, doesn't get much better than this....
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    I have been absent for a long time from these forums, because, well, real life and all, heh. Currently in my last year of my studies, and the teachers are making sure to keep us all busy.

For the moment I am still a bit wary and critical when it comes to SoD. I'm not sure whether I should buy it. I don't like controversies, nor do I like political correctness and social justice stuff and all that. I just want to play a nice game with the characters I know and love, and go on epic adventures with them. I had no problem with the inclusion of the extra characters to the enhanced editions, but this... I don't know how to feel about Mizhena and the whole GamersGate thing. On one hand, my trust in Beamdog has been hurt, because I never thought they would add things which could so obviously lead to a controversy. But on the other hand I must admit I haven't played the game myself yet and thus might be getting pulled into the whole thing by what I'm reading from reviews and such. Well, for now I don't have the money to buy SoD anyway, so I'll hold off for a while. I'll probably check out some playthroughs on YouTube first.

I feel the atmosphere has changed on these forums, though. I feel as if nothing bad can be said about SoD, which makes a honest conversation about it difficult. Even here political correctness is kicking in, and that's usually a sign for me to stay away. I've had about enough of being branded a xenophobe/racist/something for no reason at all. There was a time when I was really involved in such online discussions and it almost got me into a depression. No reason to relive those times.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137

I feel as if nothing bad can be said about SoD

Don't worry, bad things can be and are being said about SoD pretty much non-stop.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Although my recent absence wasn't related to whatever was going on here over the last two weeks, I can see that it was fortuitously timed. When I have something to say I say it diplomatically; when I have nothing constructive to say I don't say anything. If I say something with which someone disagrees then they have three choices: 1) ignore me, 2) get upset about it, or 3) sit down with me and discuss it over coffee (not literally, of course).

The only thing which surprises me is that not everyone follows this behavior pattern. Then again, I am not in charge of everyone.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Well, @typo_tilly, you can be absolutely sure that I'm not here to lead discussions astray. I love the Baldur's Gate games passionately, and I'm sure the Beamdog team feels the same way. However, this does not mean that I will blindly root for them in everything they do. The times I was a blind fan girl of developer X or publisher Y are behind me, unfortunately. Currently I'm still on the fence when it comes to SoD, but this may still change as time passes and I see more evidence myself. I admire you for bravely moderating these forums during these less pleasant times, and I hope it's not too hard for you to cope with us all. :smile: