Skip to content

Imoen Romance?

NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
Why isn't there a romance for Imoen? Granted she's [Char Name's] half-sister on their evil father's side but they're practically like distant cousins on the human spectrum. I believe a mod or update is in order.

Comments

• marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    ......... Still same father/dna.....

She doesn't look like the trailer trash hillbilly brother banging type anyways
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yeah that may be what colored my thought. I enjoyed the mod. Just cringed at the few banters I mentioned above. Overall, positives > negatives so I recommend.
  • Clumsy_DwarfClumsy_Dwarf Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2016

She
    Is
    Your
    Sister

NO! :neutral:
    BillyYank said:

Same sprititual father, not the same biological father.

Bhaal took mortal form to impregnate women. It was no "immaculate conception".
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    Heyya! It's me! M.O.N.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

She
    Is
    Your
    Sister

BillyYank said:

Many different mortal forms.
    BillyYank said:

She
    Is
    Your
    Sister

BillyYank said:

And? It was not like he waived his hand and the women became pregnant. It happened the old fashioned way. Did Bhaal sire both of them? Can he claim them both as children? This is really not much of a debate.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

BillyYank said:

She
    Is
    Your
    Sister

BillyYank said:

And? It was not like he waived his hand and the women became pregnant. It happened the old fashioned way. Did Bhaal sire both of them? Can he claim them both as children? This is really not much of a debate.
    I'm debating whether Imoen and Charname are biological siblings. If Bhaal was using different mortal forms, then they aren't.
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380

She
    Is
    Your
    Sister

BillyYank said:

In essence from Demon Lord. Even if you find that distasteful think of it like this. In the most popular religion on the planet the human population multiplied from one man and one woman...In BG lore it's no stretch by comparison considering their father was a deity. An evil, demonic one at that.
    Noloir said:

In the most popular religion on the planet the human population multiplied from one man and one woman.

This has nothing to do with me or the topic. I do no mid politics online but I never get into religion. and that is where this is headed. You have your view an I have mine and I doubt any of us is going to change.

• NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380

Noloir said:

In the most popular religion on the planet the human population multiplied from one man and one woman.

This has nothing to do with me or the topic. I do no mid politics online but I never get into religion. and that is where this is headed. You have your view an I have mine and I doubt any of us is going to change.

Ironic considering your clear stance against the "immorality of the topic". In either case so be it. For opened minded players it seems like something interesting to explored if handled with care.
  • OrangemooseOrangemoose Member Posts: 83

Noloir said:

You don't seem comfortable with this topic so why not just leave the conversation?
    lunar said:

And yeah you can rape Imoen through dialogue, or try to do so, IIRC if you choose that dialogue option Imoen screams and loses it, turns Slayer and rips your character apart in a cutscene, cue game over screen. (Yeah I may have tried that dialogue option to see how tasteless the mod goes, the memory is foggy though)

I thought that was removed in the versions after they took it from the original creator of the mod.
    Or that's what I've heard anyway.
    Noloir said:

Ironic considering your clear stance against the "immorality of the topic".

My wife's dad was a product of brother sister incest. They were separated at birth and found each other years later. They did not know until they had several kids. My wife suffers from a few medical conditions that may trace back to this. There are a lot of medical issues on her family. Two of her cousins had brain cancer in the back of their brains and she has chiari malformation. So the objection to anyone that glorifies it or think "whatever", I have a personal, not moral, issue with...this includes those that believe a story based on it.

Thank you for your time.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    What's always puzzled me is why sibling romance is bad when sibling homicide is not. First game in the series basically boils down to "go kill your half-brother". Surely that's on the same level.
  • AchterkladAchterklad Member Posts: 114
    I'll go fetch the banjo and moonshine jug.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Not that I am so kin on incest but, I would like to point out that:
    She's your half sister, and perhaps even less than that. Let's say you're a plain elf. Imoen is a plain human. Bhaal had to take two different forms which means different DNA and stuff. Biologically you have nothing in common.
    This is a video game, meaning it is not reality, so no grim consequences for this romance
    And most importantly, this is truer than ever on a solo video game, people do what they want.

We may discuss whether the mod is well written, whether it is complete, etc..., but discussing the morality of a virtual romance sounds... strange to say the least.
  • azraalazraal Member Posts: 1
    And to think any "is there a mod to romance Imoen" sparks a debate on morality again, can't you simply link to one of the hundred-ish thread and go debate here as for the morality you should all know that killing, torturing, doing immoral choices etc is ok (in video games) while incest is not. There is no question about biology here but ethics. These ethics are the same that states if you're brother and sister only by remarriage, it's also considered incest.
    Same goes for Saerileth even though the love is (emphasis on this one) mostly platonic and that in a lot of countries the age of consent is 16 it sparks a debate (She is fifteen if I remember well).
    That's an hypocrisy dating from long ago in medias of all kinds and follows on forum. So take cold shower and go rip children to little pieces to draw those bad thought out of your head!
  • OrangemooseOrangemoose Member Posts: 83

Noloir said:

Ironic considering your clear stance against the "immorality of the topic".

My wife's dad was a product of brother sister incest. They were separated at birth and found each other years later. They did not know until they had several kids. My wife suffers from a few medical conditions that may trace back to this. There are a lot of medical issues on her family. Two of her cousins had brain cancer in the back of their brains and she has chiari malformation. So the objection to anyone that glorifies it or think "whatever", I have a personal, not moral, issue with...this includes those that believe a story based on it.

Thank you for your time.
    Okay but the MC and Imoen aren't genetically related though.
    I've always assumed that the protagonist and Imoen shared the same mother: Alianna, the Bhaalist.
  • I've always assumed that the protagonist and Imoen shared the same mother: Alianna, the Bhaalist.

I don't know, I would think that if that were the case, then she would have been present at the temple when Gorion and the Harpers raided it, but she's never mentioned, and it would be odd for the protagonist to be the only one Gorion saved, but Imoen ends up in Candlekeep anyway.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    The Imoen Romance adds a nice background story to Imoen, which also explains why she's much closer to Winthrop than to Gorion and also why it's rather unlikely that Charname and Imoen are genetically related. I would see their relationship more of a divine bond because of their "father".
    Due to the fact that the available mod appears to be corrupted, @argent77, could you possibly explain the gist of Imoen's revised background to me?
    Wow.

Despite such an amazing backstory, I've always had a certain approach to Imoen in Shadows of Amn...

For the purposes of roleplaying, I always imagined that Imoen didn't actually survive the soul extraction Irenicus apparently inflicted on her in Spellhold; having watched her die, my Bhaalspawn had even more motivation to kill Bodhi and Irenicus.

Is is possible for this explanation to be provided by the Solar, even if Imoen isn't in your party?