Skip to content

FAQ #1 [Archive]

Comments

• NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    that would also destroy any logic of a cursed item.
    Tr_ondkingcrowleyOxford_Guy
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    darrenkuo said:

Before i pick up the weapon from ground , can i see its statistics (Roughly) first ? In BG2 , if i don't take the item , i never know how the weapon's level.

Magical weapons have to be identified first and you see them with blue background when looting something and they are always worth the trouble of picking them up (to sell if nothing else). For rest of the items the name of the item pretty much tells you what it is. Non-magical items like long swords, plate mails etc. are all identical if they have the same name.

darrenkuokingcrowley
  • taletotelltaletotell Member Posts: 74
    I'd like to get rid of the blue background and also have some normal swords look magical. It would lend an air of reality to it.
  • gimoxgimox Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    Hello everyone!
    Is it possibile, at this moment, to update this Answer?
    DanBoulos said:

Will the original quests be expanded?
    Updated information coming soon.

• immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    @gimox
    If you read through the FAQ you will find your answer...and on the other forums Such as:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/categories/feature-requests
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    If there is no change allowed contractually to existing NPCs does that mean they will have no interactions with BG:EE's three new NPCs? And to any new NPCs that may be added in the future via DLCs?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Lemernis said:

If there is no change allowed contractually to existing NPCs does that mean they will have no interactions with BG:EE's three new NPCs? And to any new NPCs that may be added in the future via DLCs?

The old npcs can interact with the new ones in the new areas.
    kingcrowley
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited August 2012
    @mch202

Thanks, here's hoping they get some fun dialogs happening. :)
  • kybishopkybishop Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    Will the new NPCs come with us to BG2? It would be nice to have some fair warning as to whether or not these new fellows are worth fully investing in =)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    kybishop said:

Will the new NPCs come with us to BG2? It would be nice to have some fair warning as to whether or not these new fellows are worth fully investing in =)

Yes all the three will continue to bg2
    kybishopkingcrowley
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    edited August 2012
    Are there any not-so-significant changes to existing content? I always thought that KIVAN having 2 points distributed into spears is a misunderstanding (wasn't hard to change it, but still made me feel bad about it).
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Przemkas

There are some adjustments to existing content. Not sure if Kivan using spears is something that will be changed.
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
    Lions_fan said:

What about graphic updates? If at least not to the dungeons, to the character models and animations?

[And at the very least, those distracting squiggly line circles on characters that look like they're pencil-drawn lol.]

I'd like to know this as well. I know it's an overhaul but have the graphics or sprites been updated in any way?

Thanks!
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    @GoForTheEyesBoo They updated the graphics to BG2 TOB
    GoForTheEyesBoo
  • true_shinkentrue_shinken Member Posts: 84
    I'm sad... I'm guessing we won't have preload before sunday, and that's the last day I get for that :( So much for pre-order...
  • PakaOnoPakaOno Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    Disregard.

I found the answer and honestly you all need to package Windows/OSX into one release. Forcing customers to purchase separate versions is not good business sense.
    Fake_Sketch
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    PakaOno said:

Disregard.

I found the answer and honestly you all need to package Windows/OSX into one release. Forcing customers to purchase separate versions is not good business sense.

I agree, especially as there will undoubtedly be mods that won't be compatible with OS X. It's a simple fix –– just let us download either the PC or Mac version directly from Beamdog, rather than limiting the OS X version to the MAS. (Or put the game on Steam, which would be my preferred solution.)
    edited September 2012
    PakaOno said:

Disregard.

Based on what business model? Is there a cost benefit analysis you could provide for this statement?
    Im wondering because my Company sells different packages for each OS the product supports and we are seeing double digit profit margins year in year out.
    Fake_Sketch
  • StygerStyger Member Posts: 3
    Will I have to buy multiple copies to play the game across multiple platforms (PC and Ipad)?
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    Styger said:

Will I have to buy multiple copies to play the game across multiple platforms (PC and Ipad)?

Yes. Because they are sold through different places.

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    We're missing the fact that each OS has to be tweaked, re-coded and debugged separately. This last point smacks of "I don't want to pay for extras". It's akin to saying, "I want a bacon burger for free, since I got a cheeseburger earlier, and they're awfully similar". While I realize that data isn't a tangible thing, the time spent tweaking the different versions ought to be respected (and paid for) by the consumer.

Now, a discount for those who own one version might be a nice thing, but we're hardly talking about a top-dollar release (I'm looking at you, $59.99 USD releases!). For less than a coffee run to Starbucks (disclaimer: family of five and kidlets love the pricier drinks, while I'm satisfied with the good old original coffee), I think it's fair.

Hrm. Funny thought occurred to me mid-sentence. Like coffee, I'm fine with other original (wonderful) classics. Like Baldur's Gate.

Is it September 18th yet? No?

How about now?

How about now?

Changes name to Noober on the forums...
    mlneveseimmagikmanDecrepitDragonSarthos
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited September 2012
    I think it's interesting I never see anyone complaining that the XBox game they bought didn't bring the Windows, OSX and PS3 versions in the box as well...

Each OS/platform is a different product. There bundles with different OS version of the software, of course, but in the case of BGEE, the different sales agreements make them impossible for now. And it would hardly cost only US$18 to bundle multiple versions in a single buy. The outcry would be huge and people would start to ask why they have to pay more if they just want the Windows/OSX/iOS/Android version.
    immagikmanJamesMajoca
    Just 7 days.......sadly counting down the days reminded me what day TODAY is :-(
    Lekiankingcrowley
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    I don't know whether this has been answered before (I can't find it), but how is the transition to the Black Pits being handled? Is there a smooth way to transition in-game, like there was for Heart of Winter in Icewind Dale? Or can you only get to it by importing your party through the main menu?

I'm going to play and enjoy the adventure nonetheless, but it would make for a smoother transition if there was some way to do it from the main Baldur's Gate world.
    You should be able to import a party from a saved game, or create a new one. It is completely separate from the game, and as such, separately accessed. Not sure exactly how, but probably through one of the main menus.
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    Also, are we going to be able to use certain spells in dialogue? Some mods I've played for other roleplaying games have allowed you to get out of fighting with an npc though casting charm person in dialogue (obviously if the enemy makes the save, he just goes ahead and attacks). In others, the ability to use a certain spell or ability at will (paladin detect evil) allowed for other unique dialogue options, like a paladin being able to sense the evil of the snake cult in Icewind Dale. Are checks like this being implemented?
    Dialogue in BG essentially freezes the game. You can't really access anything outside of the dialogue box. I don't think I've ever seen an option in dialogue (vanilla or modded) where one uses an ability or casts a spell. (Though multiplayer functions a little differently, so this may or may not hold true.)

That said, there ARE sometimes options in dialogue to resolve things either without a fight, or forcing someone into it. But it's pretty much all in what option you choose in the dialogue window.
  • PakaOnoPakaOno Member Posts: 2
    Well considering that Blizzard packages/sells Windows and OSX versions of their games together, and they happen to have some of the best selling games of all time, I think it's safe to say they are doing it right.

You all out there can pay double/triple for the same game, but I tend to support companies who treat their customers with respect and not just wallets to fork over money.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    You're just paying more for a version that you do not want or need... Or do you think it's coming free in the box?
    mch202reedmilfam
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    edited September 2012
    @PakaOno: I know this is a "Tu quoque" argument but, are you seriously saying that Blizzard is a company that treats customers as more than wallets?
    Tr_ondLekianDecrepitDragonFaerieFire68
This discussion has been closed.