Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    @DragonKing
    that's so beautiful, I want to frame it!
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Not cool.

Extra not cool on the meme thread.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Now if he the party member was hit by a train, that would be cool.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    BillyYank said:

Now if he the party member was hit by a train, that would be cool.

That was my first assumption.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    edited May 2016
    abazigal5 said:

tran = trap, btw

I'm not sure if that's an extremely bad-taste joke, or an attempt to explain an unfortunate typo...
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Southpaw said:

....Faerun has some really strong (and obviously angry, or pro-death) transsexuals...

I mean, have you met Edwin(na)?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited May 2016
    They released a new Scooby Doo series not long ago, and Fred loved to go on and on about how much he loved traps.

I'm sure @Blackraven shares the love, considering his affection for Bounty Hunters.

And frankly I'm quite fond of using the blind thief trick to set up traps. It's really very gratifying to pull it off in the middle of combat.

EDIT: hey what do traps have to do with trans people?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

They released a new Scooby Doo series not long ago, and Fred loved to go on and on about how much he loved traps.

I'm sure @Blackraven shares the love, considering his affection for Bounty Hunters.

And frankly I'm quite fond of using the blind thief trick to set up traps. It's really very gratifying to pull it off in the middle of combat.

ah, a blind thief to set traps in the middle of combat, I have never thought of that before, good exploit *thumbs up*

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137

This occurred to me maybe a month ago, and I asked in the General Questions thread for suggestions on different ways to blind my Bounty Hunter. Never got any answers. How do you do it?

To your question, it's an offensive term that's sometimes applied to trans people (def. 16 here: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/trap). It was being thrown around some in the days after the SoD release. For example, there's a video called "Tranny Abuse" in which a player casts Detect Traps and then kills Mizhena.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    joluv said:

To your question, it's an offensive term that's sometimes applied to trans people (def. 16 here: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/trap). It was being thrown around some in the days after the SoD release.

Yup. The term always had a positive connotation to me, though. You can think of it as a cute way of poking fun at some people's fear of trans people (as if they're springing a trap on you).
    joluv said:

For example, there's a video called "Tranny Abuse" in which a player casts Detect Traps and then kills Mizhena.

WHAT
    WHY
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

I think most of the success of that Scooby Doo series was made by the Hex Girls.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

I think most of the success of that Scooby Doo series was made by the Hex Girls.

If by success you mean ratings, I dunno, but I just liked that show in general. It's one of the rare cases where The Power of Friendship isn't deus ex machina Care Bear BS, but actually something they had to work to hold onto, and you get to see that through the show's run. Really well-done.