Skip to content

New versions of NearInfinity available

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @argent77
    Sorry, I found the problem, "ignore overrides" option was checked, I guess it just never worked before?
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    @argent77 Mass export doesn't work with the new MOS, the files are corrupted.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    @Kerozevok Many MOS files are available in MOS V2 format. These files are simply list of references to the actual graphics files (PVRZ). You need to export the referenced PVRZ files as well. There is no easy way to determine the exact PVRZ filename(s), but it has to be any of the MOSxxxx.PVRZ files.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    @argent77 Ok.. Thanks for the explanation.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    @argent77: There is a background image in SoD main menu I can't find in NI. If it is some new type of a resource, could it be accessed by NI?
    Have you tried inspecting 4KBACK.BAM? It contains a number of huge frames which look like background textures.
    edited April 2016
    That's it, I didn't think it would be bam. Unfortunately, it can't be edited and the image that big won't load into bam converter.

Edit: Nevermind though, the image doesn't need to be bam.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited May 2016
    Thank you very much for the updates!

Following problem: I don't see my mod content when opening the SoD game in NI. Mods are installed. Override folder is there, "show override files in override folder" is active. There are some files in the override folder but none of my mods'.

Version from 1st May (2.0 160501); SoD game from BeamDog Client

I tripple checked it's the game copy I modded (the original install folder is in Programs/ etc., for modding I use a copied folder somewhere else).

EDIT: Searching for my mod's cre files doesn't give a result. Really, if I wouldn't see the path NI is in (it's my modded game copy) I'd assume I am looking in the wrong game folder.

Any suggestions?

@jastey Yes, that's clearly a bug. I'll release a fixed version later today. You can use the previous version in the meantime.
    lolien
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Thank you very much. Your work is very appreciated!
    lolien
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    Apologies if this is known about, but I haven't time to read through 12 pages of comments - I have the latest version of Java, and NI. I can open 2da files, but get the following:

"Error reading Dialog.tlk" on trying to open an item file

"Unsupported wave-file:OGGS" on trying to open a wave file. AcmtoWave installed.

New install, only XPCap remover in overide. NI in the SOD directory.

Thanks
    These error messages should only be triggered by ancient Near Infinity versions which don't yet provide support for Enhanced Edition games.

Can you tell me the exact version number of Near Infinity? You can look it up in the "About Near Infinity" dialog box (open via menu Help -> About Near Infinity).
    Chippy
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    Yes - my mistake - you modders must get these posts alot, the new NI is in a zipped file and I had the old one in the windows download folder aswell, so just assumed the old (in Jar format) was the new.

All working perfectly.
    jackjacklolien
    @argent77: Does NI display the "rectangle" graphic files anywhere? (such as dialog box)
    Which rectangle do you mean?
    these graphics are called "rectangle" in UI.MENU file. I specifically look for "rectangle 4" which is the dialog box.
    I don't think this is a resource. It's probably just a function call to draw rectangles programmatically.
    But the graphics have to be stored somewhere, no? It's just not a simple line.
    Can you post a screenshot of the graphics that is supposed to be rendered with this command?
    The dialog box:

Hmm, it might refer to the various GUIW12_x.MOS files where x is a number between 1 and 8. But that's just a guess. You probably have to ask one of the devs for a definite answer.
    lolien
    Okay, thanks.
    lolien
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited June 2016
    The dimensions of the 'red rectangle' are defined in ui.menu
    The actual graphics is in a mosaic (.mos) file.

In old IE games, the window dimensions were defined by the .chu files (or hardcoded), but EE replaces hardcoding and .chu by ui.menu.
    jackjacklolien
    @Avenger_teambg: Thanks for the explanation, but which mos file? I can't find matching graphics anywhere. I am trying to get rid of the two white lines at the bottom of the rectangle sides.
    lolien
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Pecca said:

@Avenger_teambg: Thanks for the explanation, but which mos file? I can't find matching graphics anywhere. I am trying to get rid of the two white lines at the bottom of the rectangle sides.

Well, i'm not an UI expert, but using tab on the area indicated by the red rectangle (i just learned this now while reading the ui modding forum) led me to "worldDialogMessageDivider", then i looked into ui.menu, and found this:

name "worldDialogMessageDivider"
    enabled "showWorldMessages"
    area 33 -47 800 8
    mosaic "DLGDIVI"

So, that should be it (DLGDIVI.MOS).
    Again, you probably know more about UI editing than me, by now :)
    lolien
    DLGDIVI is a red line divider between "main dialog text" and "older messages". The rectangle graphics itself isn't obvious anywhere. I'll ask in a modding section to stop derailing this thread, thanks everyone.
    lolien
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited June 2016

The dimensions of the 'red rectangle' are defined in ui.menu
    The actual graphics is in a mosaic (.mos) file.

In old IE games, the window dimensions were defined by the .chu files (or hardcoded), but EE replaces hardcoding and .chu by ui.menu.

Would it be possible in the future unhardcode quick item and quick spell bar so that we could arrange it as pleased. I'm trying to modify quick spell bar as circular one which can be brought by a key. I would like to link square spell UI into an working circular UI if possible.

Post edited by brus on
    bar.jpg 134.5K