Skip to content

Pre-Order FAQ

Comments

• ArveragusArveragus Member Posts: 62
    Here we are with 7 days to go. Hopefully the pre download issues are being ironed out.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    Ohh i wonder if the pre download is delayed :/
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    byrne20 said:

Ohh i wonder if the pre download is delayed :/

I hope not #@%#.
  • cattlekillercattlekiller Member Posts: 55
    edited September 2012
    I was wondering if I am going to get charged on release date?I pre purchased a few days ago but its not showing charged in my bank.In the FAQ it says we get charged instantly , but I have yet to be charged.
  • kingcrowleykingcrowley Member Posts: 23
    I was charged when i placed my order.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366

I was wondering if I am going to get charged on release date?I pre purchased a few days ago but its not showing charged in my bank.In the FAQ it says we get charged instantly , but I have yet to be charged.

I suggest that you call to your bank service to double check it , it would be more clear.

• MrKrisSatanMrKrisSatan Member Posts: 75
    Will mod tools be made available to the community after launch?

Can we expect more additional content for BG:EE and BG2:EE from the devs after launch?
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    @MrKriSatan:
    - They haven't said anything about mod tools.
    - Yeah, we will have free and paid DLCs.
    MrKrisSatan
  • snideciphersnidecipher Member Posts: 2
    I actually just pre-ordered Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition! I love the universe I live in again!
    mch202Adaramreedmilfam
  • cattlekillercattlekiller Member Posts: 55
    darrenkuo said:

I suggest that you call to your bank service to double check it , it would be more clear.

I did this morning and it got charged last night at some point , I dont know if someone at beamdog seen my post and fixed or not.I got my receipt for pre purchased on Sept. 7 , and charged Sept.11.
    It really dont matter , I just sometimes suck at managing money , if I see an extra $18 in my bank I will use it.

BTW I also got charged .54 cents INTERNATIONAL SERVICE charge on the same night.Did anyone else get this?I only ask cause I havent used my debit card in 2 weeks other than BG:EE.Thanks.

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @cattlekiller

It depends on your bank, but charging a few for international services is normal for my bank.
    cattlekiller
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    hmmm, the pre download will be available to those who preordered the game 2 days after the game is released.
  • cloakanddaggercloakanddagger Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2012
    So, I'm not sure if this question has been asked yet. Will BGEE be available in the Mac App Store on the 18th? Like if I stay up until Midnight will I be able to download it. I'm just checking, I don't want to be crushed on the 18th because the game wont be released in the App Store until three days later or something.
  • ArveragusArveragus Member Posts: 62
    Still radio silence then on the pre download. Unless I am missing an announcement elsewhere?
    Arveragus said:

Still radio silence then on the pre download. Unless I am missing an announcement elsewhere?

i also expect the pre-download can be avaiable soon , but if developers still aren't done the final version , i don't hope they release it in advance , otherwise it's bad feeling when 18th.Sep i still need to download lot of patchs for bug fixed...

• xcorpsxcorps Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what time on the 18th the game will be available? I won't have internet access for about 15 days after the 18th.
    darrenkuo
    xcorps said:

Does anyone know what time on the 18th the game will be available? I won't have internet access for about 15 days after the 18th.

How Sad....

xcorpsJalily
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    xcorps said:

When its morning in Edmonton, most likely.

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @cloakanddagger

It won't be available on the 18th on the App Store. They will probably only even submit the game in the next few days and then you'll have to wait for the standard time for the game to be approved.
  • xcorpsxcorps Member Posts: 2
    Xzar said:

xcorps said:

When its morning in Edmonton, most likely.

Well, I'm -5 and Edmonton is -6 GMT, so hopefully it will be a very early morning.
  • cloakanddaggercloakanddagger Member Posts: 111
    @Tanthalas

GAAAH! What is the standard wait time?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'm sure that, if the BeamDog and Overhaul (I admittedly get confused which is which) knew exact dates and times, they'd tell us ASAP. They've been very forthcoming. Also wise in that they don't want to promise what cannot be confidently delivered. I'd rather solid promises, rather than having half-true information released (especially given how much we go overboard with what is promised). As long as pre-download is prior to the 18th, and I can unlock ON the 18th, I'm happy.
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    @reedmilfam

Overhaul is the game (Ex. MDK2HD, BGEE, BGEE2) developer department, which is a subdepartment (Division) of Beamdog. It does sound a bit confussing :-)

http://www.overhaulgames.com/

Beamdog is just a digital distribution platform, as Steam is. Beamdog distributes games for PC players. Several members of Overhaul are also founders of Beamdog (Trent Oster, Cameron Tofer,..)

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beamdog
    reedmilfamkingcrowley
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Lekian - Thanks. I thought there were a lot of 'same people in different hats', so it got confusing.
    LekianFake_Sketch
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    So to Starbucks with me does anyone know if we download and install do we need to be hooked up to the Internet on the 18th for that game to unlock and let me play? When ever the pre download starts working.
  • azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
    @Rajick this was answered about milion times so far...
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    @Rajick: Yes you will need internet.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    Well crap I'll be on my ship 18th
  • CLsdlt80CLsdlt80 Member Posts: 82
    I posted this on another thread and was told that maybe here I could get an answer about this, I'd appreciate if someone can shed some light on this issue :)
    CLsdlt80 said:

...'game was gifted to me by a friend and it doesn't appear on the Beamdog client. The game does appear on "my games" at the Beamdog website. I just saw a post where it said the client isn't even necessary for neither downloading the game nor playing it. Any info about the problem itself or the client issue?

I've also read that the client will not be necessary to download the game anyway, so I hope that the only relevant thing is an email, which I was told (by another forum memeber) would be received, by all owners of the game once it's available...
  • ammmacammmac Member Posts: 5
    we want the pre load
    trinitkingcrowley