Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge Continues! The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    This new room is about 20' long by 15' wide. To the south and west lies another fireplace, and directly across from the door are two overstuffed armchairs. The covers of both have been torn or cut, and the stuffied pulled out, but the wooden frames are still intact. Lying admidst the dirty stuffing is an 8' long animal, like a snake covered in fur, with four paws with long, needle-like claws. (Weasel).

It takes exception to being disturbed and charges at Tamoko.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Edwin simply watches in amusement.
    Tamoko goes down as it sinks its teeth into her belly, passing out.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Yoshimo shoots at the weasel, assuming he can do so without shooting Tamoko.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    "For great justice," Minsc cries out, hoping to feel the crunch of evil bone upon sharp steel.

OOC: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/4618/introducing-the-candlekeep-library/p1 big announcment
  • katastrophekatastrophe Member Posts: 404
    OOC: Great. Only cleric down. Should have taken a backseat and let someone else lead.
    Tamoko is on the floor, allowing Yoshimo a clear shot, which he takes. It hits the weasel and Minsc hits it a more than solid blow with his sword a moment later, but it is still up. It throws itself at Minsc, hitting for 8 damage. Yoshimo, now too close to it to fire, hits it a moment later with his katana for another 4 and finally kills the maddened weasel.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "According to a tome I read once, 'What Badgers Eat', badgers like to eat weasels. If we only had a badger here now."
    "Boo is too young to avenge me," Minsc observes, feeling very weakened by the evil creature's bite. For him, that was saying a lot, for he was strong. Strong and huge!

OOC: 100 likes!
    "hmm..I do hope our idiot cleric is alright."
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    OOC: woohoo, you defeated the rabid weasel. Now you know what to do, right Minsc? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4BOZcDMw_A
    DM sez: Worst wandering encounter ever: Giant Weasel 3+3 Hit Dice, 20 hp, Damage 2-12 plus blood drain.
    OOC I feel like way more of a badass right now, which is ridiculous, all things considered.

Yoshimo stoops to see to Tamoko. Is she breathing or did the weasel do her in?
    Tamoko is smiling even unconscious---she fell on some glass (of course) and the belly wound is not exactly unpleasant.
    Irritated by the man-witch, Minsc takes a non-lethal swing (open hand) at the face of Edwin. "Enough talk of idiots!"
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC If I know anything about first aid, I'll help.
    On the other hand, that's a whole 30 exp each... for a single monster!
    It seemed the weasel had poisoned the big oaf as well. It was always such, large muscles were not of import when they belonged to those with tiny intellect. Such was life as Edwin had seen it, at least the parties average IQ would gain a few points.
    Tamoko is still bleeding. You bandage her up, but she remains unconscious.
    OOC Waits to see what becomes of slap attack...
    OOC Yay! For a rogue, that's almost second level. ;)
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited September 2012
    Xan sighs and puts his head in his hands. "Our only source of divine healing is currently bleeding to death. Our party is fighting amongst itself. We are in an abandoned house full of diseased vermin. Unless any of you were wealthy enough to purchase healing potions I fear our deaths are even more certain. It is time for a retreat."
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "Tamoko, if you die I promise to take care of Maise as if she was my own."

man-witch

Lol, this makes me think of "manwich" sloppy joes.
    Can we patch Minsc up as well?
    edited September 2012
    OOC: was Edwin hit by Minsc? Doubt he would have much trouble hitting him.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    It may be dangerous to move her elf. I think we should camp here and pray for the best.
    Maise somehow manages to spit on Kivan's face. The disgust was too much for the feline.
    Edwin is knocked off his feet (quite literally) by Minsc's bitchslap. He feels the sensation of falling and knocks his head on a wall as he goes down. Edwin swears he can hear birds chirping and fluttering in circles around his head, which seems to be spinning as well. (4 points temp damage- literally knocked silly). He feels drunk and disoriented.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited September 2012
    "Pray? All the prayers in the world will not turn this vermin-infested house of filth into a fit place to recover from wounds."

A faint smile plays around Xan's lips as Edwin falls to the ground - the first smile you're likely to have seen from him, and (he would maintain) probably the last.
    Edwin lays there in a catatonic state.