Skip to content

new romances in BGEE.

Comments

• scypher1scypher1 Member Posts: 36
    Moira, if we were not talking about bg here. I would not have intromise on that matter :)

bye
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    scypher1 said:

It would not be good because it could give the impression that it is common among all orders and religions in faerun. It would also point a compromise in the game to a homogenic view. That certainly dumbs up the game.

I have to disagree, considering that there are so many representatives of various religions and orders in the games (even if less monks) and Rasaad will be the only one among them who would be known as bisexual. What leads you to define a trend by it's one exception?

Secondly, assuming you mean that having a sexually active monk (and not that the game developers have tendency towards a lack of genetic diversity) It has already been shown time and again in this thread that there is no reason why a monk shouldn't display any form of sexuality.

MoiraTenYaiba
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    edited September 2012
    kamuizin said:

I state that i prefer Dorn as the homossexual romance, and that i don't feel well with Rasaad being the gay romance

Apart from not wanting Rasaad to be the bisexual LI, are there reasons that you'd like to see Dorn to be it? For example, are you thinking of interesting turns such a romance might take?

I personally see Rasaad as the more likely bisexual LI because I imagine his romance would be the more pursued one of the new male NPCs (and thus would provide content that is used more). I'm basing this on a gut feeling that more BG players prefer a good-inclined party, and Dorn is evil. (Disclaimers: I know that a good party can have evil members. I know that a neutral party can hold any NPCs. I'm not claiming that CHARNAME needs to be evil to romance Dorn. I have nothing against playing evil. I have nothing against neither Dorn nor Rasaad.)
    TenYaibaEdvin
  • TheudipaldTheudipald Member Posts: 30
    ekster said:

Poor bisexual monk can't even enjoy his bisexuality and be left in peace in a fantasy game based on a fantasy world that's filled with murder, sacrifice, torture, prostitution and a lot of other horrible things.

And to top it all off he will be subject to some good ol' Gay bashing once my Blackguard gets his hands on him. It's nice to see a game that allows you to be a bigot these days.

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited September 2012
    @Moira, I'd prefer Dorn being the gay romance as i feel him more inclined to force his will over others, he's probally not the kind of person that care or accept rejection, if he want it woe to anyone in his patch. As a blackguard and based on the other new characters, i believe Dorn will be neutral evil (Rasaad necessary is lawful and will be lawful neutral probally as Neera was already stated as a good aligned character and chaotic probally).

A neutral evil half-orc blackguard gay would have some fun banters and would make the romance more intense, i can't avoid but see a romance with a monk a bit...hollow or death, dunno, it's like.

"hey honey come here a bit"
    "i can't now, i have to make this 48 hours meditation, peraphs later"
    "ok...:("

But i don't think besides Neera, any of the actual new male characters good enough for gay romances (or even any romance at all), and to avoid the sexist label, Beamdog will probally focus the gay romance in one of the 2 male new characters.

A gay romance that would be truly well designed would be one with Haer'Dalis.
    @kamuizin what do you mean by good enough for romance?
    kamuizin said:

A neutral evil half-orc blackguard gay would have some fun banters and would make the romance more intense, i can't avoid but see a romance with a monk a bit...hollow

I really hope they've written fun banter for Dorn! Can anyone tell me if a Blackguard would normally have similar skill point requirement as a Paladin? 'Cause he'd need to be somewhat charismatic, wouldn't he?

As for Rasaad, I sure hope they haven't written him as one-dimensionally as you seem to expect. I've been a bit worried that he'd turn out to be LG because, well, I admit, I'm a bit prejudiced against the LG writing one tends to see in RPGs. Fair enough, he could be boring regardless of his alignment... and I wish it ain't so!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    kamuizin said:

@Moira, I'd prefer Dorn being the gay romance as i feel him more inclined to force his will over others, he's probally not the kind of person that care or accept rejection, if he want it woe to anyone in his patch. As a blackguard and based on the other new characters, i believe Dorn will be neutral evil (Rasaad necessary is lawful and will be lawful neutral probally as Neera was already stated as a good aligned character and chaotic probally).

So... your idea of a viable gay romance involves one partner forcing his will on another? That explains so very much.
    edited September 2012
    shawne said:

kamuizin said:

@Moira, I'd prefer Dorn being the gay romance as i feel him more inclined to force his will over others, he's probally not the kind of person that care or accept rejection, if he want it woe to anyone in his patch.

So... your idea of a viable gay romance involves one partner forcing his will on another? That explains so very much.
    Hey, maybe he'd just prefer a top. Can't say I'd completely disagree ;)
    (And I did specifically ask about his views regarding this fiction.)
    EpitomyofShyness
    edited September 2012
    @shawne take your biased comment elsewhere please, if i say an evil gay romance is cool you will come replying "You're saying that gay is evil!!!!", if i say Neera would be a better gay romance you're going to say "you sexist!!!"

So now i say go f... and be my guest to understand this as you like.

Edit:

Forget to answer you @Moomintroll, my bad:

It's my personal belief this, but in my view Rasaad, as @Moria percept even if i explained it bad, will be a little boring, be him on a straight or gay romance and Dorn... evaluating better... well lemme change my mind now, if i think better Dorn has an accetable start point for romance, it would be better if any romance banters only thrigger after we finsh his revenge quest, but besides that he will be a good romanceable character.
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    Please, everyone, calm down. If you cannot be civil and respectful, then please remove yourself from the discussion.
    EpitomyofShyness
  • TenYaibaTenYaiba Member Posts: 212
    Good Call.

Hey, Buttercup! Care to accompany me to the candlekeep library for a picnic? We can drool over hot screenshots and press the reroll button while we wait.
    serabietMoira
    @Kamuizin Ah, this just makes me realise that I must have missed a load of info.. no wait I will rephrase, I couldn't be bothered to read the information about the new NPCs, don't know what I didn't think to look there first.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I'm off to the cloister and signing up to be a Monk!

It's obvious that they all swing both ways, or bat for both sides as they say in Blighty! They truly believe in One for all and love for all!

Also Monks now seem to love a good romance, those charming rascallians! Whilst kicking down bad guys in just a robe, tied with a rope! I bet they also drink lots of Beer and flirt wantonly with muscly Blackguards... Ah those lazy, drunken, sexually muddled Monks... Gott love 'em.

Look... Lets get down to the nitty gritty... Are they wearing underpants! That's the real question everyone just wants to ask!

Rassad, are you clothed in undergarments or is that a very big flail your hiding! You just know this is gonna be a dialogue option! OF CHOICE!

Of course Rassad would reply in the voice of Mel Gibson "It's a big flail, want me to swing it your way?!?"

Many conundrums have been opened up by this thread that just do not seem to be answered...

Is Rassad australian?
    Is he wearing underpants?
    Has he got a big flail?

All will be revealed on the 18th! (For the love of Mystra, please hurry up 18th! Come and go already! Look at the complete tripe I have read and written!)

EpitomyofShynessXylinalolien
    These are pertinent questions, I hear Dorn has a big chopper, perhaps they'll compare?
    Anduin
    kamuizin said:

@shawne take your biased comment elsewhere please, if i say an evil gay romance is cool you will come replying "You're saying that gay is evil!!!!", if i say Neera would be a better gay romance you're going to say "you sexist!!!"

Here's a thought: instead of wasting both your time and mine imagining things I'd never actually say - since I've already made my position on BG:EE romances abundantly clear - maybe you should pause for a moment and take a good look at some of the comments you've made and the attitude you've projected in this discussion. Because taking the "I know you are but what am I!" approach isn't terribly convincing.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    I vaguely recall hearing about possible additional NPCs being made by Beamdog that will be downloadable after release (paid or not) and that some of them might have friendship->romance arcs as well. Anyone else remember this?

More choice = good.
    serabietEpitomyofShyness
    @kilroy_was_here: I think that was in reference to BG2:EE - there was mention of adding a single-class female thief among others...
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    You mean there's no hope for additional NPCs for BG1? I can't accept that! I refuse to give up hope just because it's hopeless. That's when you need to hope even more... and put your hands over your ears and go 'lalalalalala' ;)
    EpitomyofShyness
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    I don't think they've said one way or another. Right now, I think they're just trying to get BG:EE out the door, and then they'll sit back and figure out what's next. We're definitely looking at future DLC content, just not sure exactly what yet.
    shawne said:

kamuizin said:

Here's a thought: instead of wasting both your time and mine imagining things I'd never actually say - since I've already made my position on BG:EE romances abundantly clear - maybe you should pause for a moment and take a good look at some of the comments you've made and the attitude you've projected in this discussion. Because taking the "I know you are but what am I!" approach isn't terribly convincing.
    "So... your idea of a viable gay romance involves one partner forcing his will on another? That explains so very much."

The reality of the situation is much simpler than you or @scypher1 are making it out to be - the danger isn't in thinking or arguing about homosexuality, it's in the suggestion of omission for the sake of appeasement.

@shawne, If i crossed arguments with you was in reason of the mislead that you had a minimum required to debate with someone, now just go back to your fictional world and be happy there, stop calling my name and i will not reply your posts, deal?
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    I don't care who is bisexual, but I won't lie if it's Dorn I really hope my female half-elf can talk to him about it. I want her to troll him with requests for a threesome. ;-)

In other words, @kamuizin I want to congratulate you on how calm you've stayed. At least to me its clear that you would prefer Dorn be bisexual because you think that would make for a more interesting story. I might be perfectly fine either way, but I can see that point and understand it. So thank you for opening my eyes to one reason someone would rather it be Dorn which makes sense.
    edited September 2012
    It's a world of possibilities @EpitomyofShyness, if they work on a better assignment of rights for BG2 (if this is even possible) some of the changes you want could even happen between Dorn, Haer'Dalis and Male Main Char, making it the first gay jealous banters in existence.

Doesn't anyone want Neera to be bissexual alongside Dorn or Rasaad? A pool for lesbian romance could be created also, as a crazy wild mage pretty girl that run from her home, was expeled of the forest where she took refuge (what for an elf is a pretty bad thing, ask Irenicus for example XD), endured a lot of hardship before she meet Main Char. Is so impossible to her to get affection to main char no matter his/her gender?

Ps: Will Neera be incompatible with Edwin? As from what i read in her epilogue she's running from the Red Wizards for some reason, however in BG2 Edwin is somehow a renegade Red Wizard and they could interact better. Just want to know if the two will start attacking each other on inapropriate moments (as Minsc x Edwin).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Shandyr dude don't spam more this thread, every single question that you make already has an answer, just look back on the other posts, ok.

Be free to conclude what you want from my posts, if you want to see me as a hater be my guest, i'm not going to start another sequence of posts that will have pratically the same contend of previous ones.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Sigh* I think a few of us here need to go out and find ourselves some real girlfriends and boyfriends...

I just can't get overly excited worrying about the ethics of romancing a collection of pixels.

Some interesting dialogue options please. That'll do.