Skip to content

V2.3 is here! (BG:EE, BGII:EE, and Siege of Dragonspear)

Comments

• bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    JDow said:

Anyone know how to download the new patch on a Mac version of Balder's Gate: Enhanced Edition. It hasn't done it automatically, and there's no button or anything to do an update. I feel silly asking but I don't know how to do it.

Don't feel bad. The patch is not available for Mac.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/57116/

OK, now you can feel bad :-(
  • SayaninSSJSayaninSSJ Member Posts: 3
    hi, is any chace to download patch for non steam edition? I bought today box verison from cenega poland and there is 1.3.2050 version.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    @SayaninSSJ The developers are still looking for ways to provide patches for box versions.
  • SayaninSSJSayaninSSJ Member Posts: 3
    so for now its impossible, right?
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    yes, unfortunately. this is frustrating for those who prefer a dvd version, and as far as i know for the devs too, as it seems to be a legal issue, not necessarily a technical one.

that said, 1.3 is not bad actually, it's totally playable and enjoyable if you "just want to play the game".
  • Bhaal_JuniorBhaal_Junior Member Posts: 6
    Hi, where do I report bugs I've found in the spells?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919

Hi, where do I report bugs I've found in the spells?

Please use the format in this post: how-to-report-bugs to enter the report on redmine.beamdog.com. Thanks!
  • beobeo Member Posts: 143
    What has been updated since 2.3.67.2 ?

I see update available but no infos.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    beo said:

What has been updated since 2.3.67.2 ?

I see update available but no infos.

A fix for tooltips on Macs, as well as achievements localized for Brazilian Portuguese and a minor crash fix on the Options menu. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60047/soundtracks-now-available-for-bgii-ee-and-iwd-ee
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    Is there a timeframe moving forward for the patches? There are still quite a few bugs that need to be fixed.
  • GwaedGwaed Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2016
    Will we get ever an update for the iOs version? Since the last update it is unplayable as a sorcerer. This is more than frustrating. The last update was at the beginning of 2015.

If not, Beamdog shall give all iOs User a gift code for downloading a Mac or Windows Version. So at least I don't waste the money completley.
    Post edited by Gwaed on
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @Gwaed please could you advise why a sorcerer is unplayable for you on iOS, and whether this is for BG:EE, BGII:EE or both games. I can't see any bug reports specific to sorcerers which would block the main plot so would like to check whether more needs to be reported.
    Thanks
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    Wanted to ask the modders, but is every modder waiting for the last update before every author makes the compatibility patch? I know that is common sense, but I just wanted to be sure if that was the case since the modding scene seems pretty quiet right now.
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282

yes, unfortunately. this is frustrating for those who prefer a dvd version, and as far as i know for the devs too, as it seems to be a legal issue, not necessarily a technical one.

that said, 1.3 is not bad actually, it's totally playable and enjoyable if you "just want to play the game".

I never understood that. Back when the original games came out that this was never a issue, and any other game developer out there. Do you know what the legal issue is?
  • GwaedGwaed Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2016
    Gate70 said:

@Gwaed please could you advise why a sorcerer is unplayable for you on iOS, and whether this is for BG:EE, BGII:EE or both games. I can't see any bug reports specific to sorcerers which would block the main plot so would like to check whether more needs to be reported.
    Thanks

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37877/11042-sorcerer-quick-spell-slots-should-not-reduce-to-0-spells-available-after-resting
    The Sorcerer-Quickspell-bug. He does not block anything. But without quickload button, yo have to adjust de quickspells after every resting manually and this is just annoying and kills the fun in the game. Please note on the iPad we do not have a keyboard for any shortcuts. And the last update was in February 2015. I wanted to play the game in my holidays but after I discovered this bug... Is it possible to update the app manually with an app like iExplorer? Or at least to get the Quick-Spell-Menu working again?

Cheers
    Post edited by Gwaed on
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Is 2.3 the version for the foreseeable future, or are there other minor updates coming up soon? When including mods, patches can really break your game, so if there's a 2.4 coming up within the next month or so, I'd rather wait for that.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    @Dee, please fix http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/24063

It makes the game feels really unfinished when an element you see during the whole game is blurry.
  • JohnBelloJohnBello Member Posts: 7
    Hello, excuse me for my english,

I had bought the bbee in Beamdog but can the settings not saved for example language and the game screen is comes in too small.

I buy now again BBEE + BGSD in steam, but the problem remains the same.

how can I fix this problem? wait for a new update?

thanks for the support! =)

Mac 5k late 2014 10.11.5
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    JohnBello said:

can the settings not saved for example language and the game screen is comes in too small.

I'm afraid I can't understand very well this part of your message. Maybe you can get some help in the German forum. If they can't help you there, maybe try to rewrite that part of your message so we can understand it better.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    @JohnBello - Check if you have an alias named "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" in your Documents folder. If so, rename it to something else and try to run the game again.
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    Take the time to get 2.4 right and really test it, I for one would rather wait and let it come out right than be rushed like most games these days.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    So, I have not played for a long time. I installed the update and resumed my game. First thing, my Archer can't use Ankheg Plate anymore. Allright, I can get over it. Second thing, my Paws of the Cheetah don't work anymore. I have to find the Beamdog equivalent (BDBoot11) and console it. Third thing, the game difficulty reverted AGAIN from LoB to not LoB (Nightmare Mode = 0). AGAIN, I have to change the variable via console (C:SetGobal("BD_Nightmare_Mode","Global",1).

Do you expect us, at best to fix the game, at worst to start a new one each time you release a patch?
  • CrypticWizardCrypticWizard Member Posts: 10
    I just had to reformat my computer due to a virus I got from somewhere and I recovered my BeamDog client and downloaded BG:EE and BGII:EE. However, the console cheats do not seem to be available, and there is no baldur.ini file. The only thing that seems to be even close is baldur.lua but I don't know what that is. What do I do?

I just had to reformat my computer due to a virus I got from somewhere and I recovered my BeamDog client and downloaded BG:EE and BGII:EE. However, the console cheats do not seem to be available, and there is no baldur.ini file. The only thing that seems to be even close is baldur.lua but I don't know what that is. What do I do?

It is basically the same file, just add this line:

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')

then Ctl-Space as normal should bring it up.
  • CaptainTingTangCaptainTingTang Member Posts: 36
    I'm still getting straight lines around the square sprites of my characters as they animate, its really jarring :(

I'm still getting straight lines around the square sprites of my characters as they animate, its really jarring :(

Have you tried unchecking the "Sprite Outlines" graphic option? You might also try toggling "Nearest Neighbor Scaling" to see if it works better for you.
  • CaptainTingTangCaptainTingTang Member Posts: 36
    mf2112 said:

Have you tried unchecking the "Sprite Outlines" graphic option? You might also try toggling "Nearest Neighbor Scaling" to see if it works better for you.
    Yes, the Nearest Neighbour option fixes it, but I dont like smooth backgrounds and sharp pixelly characters. The texture filtering is clearly sampling off the edge of the animation frame resulting in the display of the edges of an adjacent frame. It's a bug that needs fixing, it looks bad.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Have you tried the alternate rendering setting that is available in the graphic options (if you are on Windows)? It's last setting there, activates the directX rendering instead of OpenGL and may solve problems with openGL drivers for your graphics card. You have to restart the game to see if something changes.

That's just to test if this would solve it for you fast – bug fixing still preferred of course.