Skip to content

What is your irl class?

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    deltago said:

A suggestion for the quiz would be to separate the hobbies into an often, sometimes, never answer. Many of those answers fit (partying, writing, rustling jimmies) that choosing just one was a dilemma.

The engine wouldn't allow that, though I guess I could make each it's own question. But that would make the quizz a lot longer :/ I'll think about it.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Well, I seem to fit two fairly well according to your list. Monk, as I'm fairly proficient in a couple of eastern martial arts. Cleric as I'm deeply religious and know my religion's doctrine extremely well.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    sarevok57 said:

if I was ever dropped into the bg world I would have been a monk for sure, but based on how you outlined them above, I would say I am a perfect mix of barbarian/sorcerer, so I would be a multiclass barbarian/sorcerer quite the bizarre mix indeed

That's a hybrid class in Pathfinder's Advanced Class Guide

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/bloodrager
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

@Grum: On the plus side, having grown up in a modern country means we got the early-life nutrition that would keep us relatively healthy compared to the average medieval slob. Understanding basic medicine and hygiene, among other things, would probably keep us alive as commoners long enough for us to convince the local literati to teach us magic.

But even if I didn't get butchered by a hobgoblin (or, to be honest, more likely a gang of xvarts) and had the chance to study magic, I don't think I'd become an adventurer. It'd be more fun to live as a king's in-house mage, spending my time reading books and acting important and practicing Charm Person on the local maidens.

Leaving aside the non consensual magic...that's a good idea. Even if not a Mage, I'd like to take a scientific approach to learning Druid magic, so as to repurpose it towards helping crops grow, as well as treating illnesses.
    edited August 2016
    Hey, at least the survival chances would be higher then in Westeros, am I rite? *Finger guns*

BTW, I did some refinement on the test and added an additional question, if you are interested.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I would surely be a sorcerer who relies on creativity and imagination to win a challenge.

Grum said:

Leaving aside the non consensual magic...

In retrospect, using Charm Person on poor peasant girls does seem a little shady. I guess I'll stick to Friends.

And maybe Strength. And Polymorph Self.

And Ray of Enfeeblement. And Web.
    You win this thread.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Save Charm Person for the wealthy Duke's daughter....
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Multi-class Fighter/Mage
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited August 2016
    It was between bard and paladin, but calling yourself a paladin is just being a pretentious jerk. Also somewhat identify with wizards. If Bardic Paladin were a dual class option I'd love it. Would fit well for public interest lawyers.
  • AethernautAethernaut Member Posts: 60
    I'd be an arcane trickster.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Most likely to be a sorc because while my grades and test scores were pretty high (scored 27 on my ACT* first try), I never really studied for those grades.

*the big test that high school graduates take for college admission where I'm from. Max score is 33 or 34, I think.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Bard, definitely. I'm a journalist irl, I work for the evening news, so I need to get along with almost everyone I meet, so my charisma score would need to be plenty high. Journalists tell stories for a living, even if those stories are just about old lady Smith who has a collection of teacups from the 1800s.
    I also play a bit of music, so I can't see myself fitting into any other class.

Since the message didn't arrive for everyone:

Screw class restrictions. You can dual-class as whatever you want.

Also, no one said anything about you being transported into the BG world. Religion works entirely different on Faerûn. So even though if you are an atheist IRL, you most likely wouldn't be in the realms, simply because the gods are a tangible force there and their existence is not up to debate. And don't forget the Wall of the Faithless.

And even if, your survival chances are not that low. Not everyone is a trained adventurer in this world and your chance to survive would actually be higher than in the real medieval world, simply because of of the gods. I mean, just go up to the next temple of a good god, preferably Ilmater, and someone there will help you. Even if you happen to land in the wilderness, the chance of getting rescued by a random party of adventurers or the local druid or ranger is not exactly the slimest.

You'd become the main NPC in a sidequest for a party to rescue. Like the Knights of Solamnia.

And don't forget, the human ability to adapt is insane. So unless you are actually physically handicapped in a major way, your fight-or-flight sense might yet save you.

Most of us would end up as the gnome that Charname meets by the Nashkel mines...
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    The test says I'm an Alchemist.
    Here's what I am imagining:

• profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Confusing... are you saying viconia has the weight of a duck?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @profanitywarning She is an elf, sooooo probably
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I don't know what Viccy would find more insulting, that she has the weight of a duck, that human MALES are trying to figure out her weight, or that they consider her some common witch.