Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

Just wondering if the hordes of Xzvart that used to appear near and in the cave in the gnoll stronghold were also a bug that has been corrected. They were quite a challenge largely because of the shamans, but I don't seem to get them now.

I don't think they relate to EE, so were probably the result of one of your mods.

Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovlolien
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited August 2016
    Grond0 said:

Just wondering if the hordes of Xzvart that used to appear near and in the cave in the gnoll stronghold were also a bug that has been corrected. They were quite a challenge largely because of the shamans, but I don't seem to get them now.

I don't think they relate to EE, so were probably the result of one of your mods.

Probably SCS which wasn't compatible with Dragonsphere though it was with EE. I haven't checked whether or not that is still the case.
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    no scs is not (yet) compatible with Draonsphere
    Wise_Grimwald
    edited August 2016
    I ran a barbarian for the first time (twice) and each time was killed by my improved Mendas. Then used the rage ability whereupon Mendas was killed by one blow. Using rage she was also able to break into ALL chests. :)

Even with rage she lost all but one HP in one blow when fighting the ogre to the north of Beregost.

However I then accidentally discovered the way to use rage for I fled the area and lo and behold, she was completely healed on the way to the next area. If I had just run away in the same area she would have died when the rage wore off!

The extra speed of the barbarian clearly makes ranged weapons even more powerful and rage or going berserk have become more important when fighting sirene enemies due to their feeblemind abilities in EE.
    JuliusBorisovYgramullolien
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    ussnorway said:

no scs is not (yet) compatible with Draonsphere

That depends on what you mean by compatible. SCS installs just fine on BG/SoD, and all the item and spell tweaks and such will still be in place. The main thing that SCS won't do is change the AI scripts on the characters and creatures added for SoD, but they're using an improved AI anyway, so it's not that much of a difference.
    JuliusBorisovGoturallolien
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059

We already have several dead cats stored in the Bag of Holding for reasons I don't fully understand. Collecting morbid souvenirs from our travels fills us with determination.

I believe the purpose of this thread has now been achieved.
    Well done, everybody.
    semiticgoddessSerg_BlackStriderJuliusBorisovlolien
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    Interesting analysis of your IWD2 run, semiticgod!
    semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovlolien
    @Blind_Visionary I like the portrait. :) I haven't seen that image on the web before.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059

"Very well," Ulraunt said. "I'll instruct the guards to allow your associates entry. May their daggers strike swift and deep."

Love the narrative component. :) Hope to see more.
    Blind_VisionaryWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovlolien