Skip to content

V2.3 is here! (BG:EE, BGII:EE, and Siege of Dragonspear)

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Regarding Redmine, what does that mean when a report has the classification Public Item ? A lot of reports have this instead of a classification A, B, C or D.
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426

the update will try to improve all games.

The update will try to improve all games.
    Update will improve all games?
    . .Will Improve All Games. .

IMPROVE - ALL - GAMES!

ThacoBellVarwulflolienrorikon
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i hope that the update is significant and has some substantive enhancements. no reason to stop bringing the games to the professed "excellent state".
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    2 devs May be visible at he Public tracker - there's an internal one too, where we don't have access to and where - maybe - more people are working.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    Wow, sounds mysterious...
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806

The next update won't only fix bugs. As Trent has said, it will take some time because the update will try to improve all games.

I think I read somewhere that one of the goals of publishing the Redmine data is to let us know what the team is working on. However, what you say suggests that that is not the case at all.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Alonso said:

The next update won't only fix bugs. As Trent has said, it will take some time because the update will try to improve all games.

I think I read somewhere that one of the goals of publishing the Redmine data is to let us know what the team is working on. However, what you say suggests that that is not the case at all.
    I believe Dee mentioned that Redmine is the public facing side we can report and check on, but just because things aren't mentioned in Redmine doesn't mean they aren't being worked on by the dev team. :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    mf2112 said:

Alonso said:

I believe Dee mentioned that Redmine is the public facing side we can report and check on, but just because things aren't mentioned in Redmine doesn't mean they aren't being worked on by the dev team. :)
    True, but it was also advertised as "This list will be a fair representation of the current plan."
    If nothing is happening for over a month, or it is decided to have a (public, as in Road to ...) beta, it is not really a fair representation anymore I'd say ;)

lefreutAlonsororikon
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The Redmine system was a good indication when the team was busy with hot-fixing and firing patches every several weeks. Now, when the work is being done on the deeper level, a list with bugs can't be the indicator.
    mf2112lolien
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Fair enough @JuliusBorisov, but if you (Beamdog) do not communicate the fact that hotfixing is over and you're moving towards longer periods before patches arrive (at least not until very recent) and on the redmine there is a new roadmap for a new active already, it is not so surprising that people wonder about it, is it?
    I guess that might be the unintended side-effect of the changes in the company.
    Alonsororikon
  • vzapovzapo Member Posts: 8
    Hi guys,
    There are a lot of treads and i couldn't find any info(or i didn;t serach well enought...that might be also), but is there a Android update(Mobile update) planed soon also? I've just started playing BG:EE on my phone and i love it. It's a big game and i'm still trying to grasp all it;'s content, but that's the magic of the game. You can do a lot more than most of the rpg's. :) keep up the good work.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @vzapo

An update to mobile versions is in the works, but there's no ETA on it.
    vzapololien
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited September 2016

Do you know if there will be any betas for mobile versions?
    vzapo
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    There is a beta for Android at least, according to this feedback.
    However, although my tester status is active, I can't get this beta update. Nobody else reported anything about this beta. Maybe it was released by accident and was quickly removed.
    vzapo
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205

@vzapo

What about update to PC version of BGEE and BG2EE?
    vzapo
    Yes, the update is planned, but it will take time.
    mf2112vzapololien
  • vzapovzapo Member Posts: 8
    Thank you guys very much! Can't wait for the release :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Is it possible to know at least vaguely what time frame are we talking about? About 2-3 months? 6 months?
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    A while back I asked when the existing v2.3 release might come to the Mac App store, and was told there would be no estimates of future shipping, as estimates are often mis-represented as promises by those who should know better. They were happier to make no assurrances, when explicitly asked, that this patch would take less than the 15 months the last one took between shipping, and arriving in the app store.

We do know that the Mac App Store release is queued behind Android and iOS releases though, so we appear to have a low-bound estimate that may, or may not, be at least another 12 months away.
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Bring back the 1.3 patch, please.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Rawgrim said:

There have been multiple threads explaining why that will never happen. Have you tried explaining what exactly you don't like about the current patch? The devs read these forums.
    @Rawgrim You can bring back the 1.3 version by opting the 1.3 beta on Steam.
    mf2112

@Rawgrim You can bring back the 1.3 version by opting the 1.3 beta on Steam.

I don't play on Steam. I bought the game from your store. Making an unpatched version available for download, and individual patches available, would fix pretty much everything.

Rawgrim said:

There have been multiple threads explaining why that will never happen. Have you tried explaining what exactly you don't like about the current patch? The devs read these forums.
    Plenty of times.

Look at GoG and Steam reviews and you (and the devs) will get a very clear picture of what people don't like about the newest patches. A lot of the negative reviews are actually centered on that.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Rawgrim said:

Rawgrim said:

Plenty of times.

Look at GoG and Steam reviews and you (and the devs) will get a very clear picture of what people don't like about the newest patches. A lot of the negative reviews are actually centered on that.
    So, you personally have no specific issues with it you can raise here?
    ThacoBellDaevelonlolien
    mf2112 said:

Rawgrim said:

Rawgrim said:

Plenty of times.

So, you personally have no specific issues with it you can raise here?

01. The new sprites. They look like some cartoon characters copied and pasted onto the screen. They also really screw with my colour-blindness.
    02. Turning them off kind of works, but when I do I just get some extremely pixeled characters that look like crap. the way the characters looked in the 1.3 version was perfect.
    03. The new character screen\the whole layout looks like crap. I liked the old version better (the one I paid for).
    04. Pre-set tactics on each NPC. I know today's gaming is all about dumbing things down for casual gamers, but this bit is just kind of game-breaking. As soon as I recruit a companion he\she (if spellcaster) casts some spell on herself right away. Wasting a spell on nothing, really. That means I am forced to rest in order to get it back. Which again messes with a lot of quests you have a time limit to solve. Add a toggle for that crap, or remove it. As a gamer i want to play the game myself. Not just watch a game the devs have taken control of for me. the player is forced to just go in and remove the set tactic for each character all the time. If you forget to do it, you get the pleasure of watching your mage waste a high level spell on a single goblin etc.

Probably the 50th time I bring this up, but there you go. I think Dee said they were working on a fix for the sprite\graphics issues, but that was half a year ago.

Why is it so hard to just put up an unpatched game on your servers and just add separate patches for download, Beamdog? That is all it takes. Let your paying customers play the version they like. Options are never a bad thing.
    Ravenslightlolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    1, 2, and 4 are all fully customizable in options. There are also entire threads in UI Discussion for the sole purpose of voicing what we want changed in the UI in upcoming patches.
    JuliusBorisovDaevelonlolienrorikon
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    #4 is fully customizable in the main screen. The button in the lower right with the lantern in it shuts of party AI completely.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisovlolien