Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    edited November 2016
    @Wise_Grimwald said...

Question

I am wondering if halflings in EE are the better slingers that they are supposed to be. Does anyone know?

I don't know off-hand Wise, but would be pretty easy to test:

1) make a brand new elf with 19 DEX - equip sling and look at Thac0 - note it
    2) make a brand new halfling with 19 DEX - equip sling and look at Thac0 - if the halfling has better Thac0 than the elf, then your answer is yes - if not then no.

I'm at work so can't do the test myself, but maybe someone with a lot more time than me (RE: Grond0) could do it.
    CrevsDaak
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    @Wise_Grimwald, @Corey_Russell: Halflings get a +1 racial Thac0 bonus for slings in BGEE, so ceteris paribus, they should have better sling Thac0 than Elves. They used to get that bonus for darts as well but I believe that has been changed in one of the latest patches.
    Also, BGEE applies a strength bonus to sling attacks (like vanilla BG does for attacks with throwing axes).
    CrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited November 2016

@Wise_Grimwald said...

Question
    I am wondering if halflings in EE are the better slingers that they are supposed to be. Does anyone know?

I don't know off-hand Wise, but would be pretty easy to test:
    1) make a brand new elf with 19 DEX - equip sling and look at Thac0 - note it
    2) make a brand new halfling with 19 DEX - equip sling and look at Thac0 - if the halfling has better Thac0 than the elf, then your answer is yes - if not then no.

I'm at work so can't do the test myself, but maybe someone with a lot more time than me (RE: Grond0) could do it.
    Thanks for the idea. :) I have just tested it and yes the halfling has a better Thac0 by 1, but because elf can have a better strength, that is somewhat offset by the lower damage. I made a multi character party so that it was easy to flick backwards and forwards betweenn them. Then of course there are other racial charactaristics to take into consideration.
    CrevsDaakussnorway
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    edited November 2016
    Puk the Bard- m1... read last post here,
    Hear text as mp3,
    Transfer,

I am starting a new BGEE2 run for Puk and Sarah to continue the challenge
    I play at Lob level with extra damage turned off... no mods!

The way I import a multi-party into a single game;
    • Open final (sod) save and remove items from the other characters so their inventory is clear for importing | only the items with the main character counts!
    • start BGee2 single player and load (sod) final save... pick main
    • save as multitest then close game and copy | paste multitest save into the multiplay save folder
    • open multitest in multi player and add Sarah in from the (sod) final save... thats why I removed her items
    • save as transfer then copy | paste that save into the single player folder and play my game

Issues:
    The lob difficulty breaks 'turn' because it makes all summons 10 levels bigger... I know of no good work around for this issue..
    JuliusBorisovCorey_RussellCrevsDaakBlind_Visionary
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    RelSundan said:

@RelSundan Feeblemind from the sirens is not permanent. Just wait (if you have a party and your game is not over).

Yeah I realized that, I always thought it was permanent. I am dead anyway now, this was harder than I'd imagine.
    In my last game where this happened it most certainly was permanent. As they just chipped away at my health one point at a time until I was dead. However, I understand what is being said. If other party members can rescue you, a good night's sleep can work wonders. :)
    RelSundanGrond0CrevsDaakGotural
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I never get to ToB much anymore so I remember it sparsely, but is there the option to increase the distance between you and melissan when she casts the time stop... Like more than one screen. Then it takes some time to get to you thus less hits...?

I must say that is an incredible run!
    Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovGotural