Skip to content

2.0 update ETA?

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
Will Beamdog update ID:EE too with the 2.0 improvements from BG?
SssiksseilorGrammarsalad

Comments

• JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    ETA: Soon™
    SssiksseilorCrevsDaakThacoBell
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    Will it be released pre or post US military coup?
    Grammarsalad
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited September 2016
    Musaab said:

Will it be released pre or post US military coup?

...Um...

ETA: Soon™

I was gonna say that...

• RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    HA, my guess? v2.4 will be the one upgrading IWD, otherwise why would it take so long to bring it? :smirk:
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    or maybe never ?
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581

There's an intention to bring the update to IWDEE, yes, but there's no ETA yet.

Other than intention, is anyone working towards it?
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    Guess no..
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    So sad, my copy of IWD is getting dusty waiting for the 2.0 update...
    CrevsDaak
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    I was waiting for this update too in order to finish my Icewind Dale run that I had started but ultimately decided to go on without it (I got tired of waiting). I wish we'd hear something from the developers. It's been nothing but crickets for a few months now. I'd love to go through Icewind Dale on an achievement hunting run.
    Borrro
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I usually take Beamdog's side, but they are being very disrespectful with this silence about IWD's 2.X patch.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    One has to separate silence from an announcement.

Beamdog haven't been silent on what they have been doing. It has been decided to take time with the next update, to provide the best possible result. The plan is to bring engine improvents to all games eventually, it was confirmed by Phillip Daigle a long time ago. As you can read at https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/823242#Comment_823242, the 2.4 update is still quite far.

So, the IWD's 2.X patch will take time.
    ALIENCrevsDaakThacoBellGrammarsalad
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    Hold you horses, delayed update is allways better that rushed + 2.4.1 Hotfix
    CrevsDaak
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    Ineth is right - I would rather take the 2'o as a surprise, present to celebrate SoD's first anniversary, rather than dissapoint myself with late, or a buggy release. .
    @ineth As good as BG was before the update. Nonetheless, it became better updated.

It's not a matter of urgency. Nothing here for us, costumers, is about urgency. Is about fun and respect.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    I agree that I would like the release to be bug free, but at the same time I feel like there are probably lots of fixes that could be released but aren't. For example, they have said they are going to do some changes to the UI; if those aren't ready and not tested enough, that's okay, hold off on releasing them. That doesn't seem like it should stop them from releasing other tested and ready parts though (for example if the Mizhena rewrites are bug free then they should get that part released). Maybe I've just been spoiled by other game companies doing fairly regular patches.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Raduziel said:

It's not a matter of urgency. Nothing here for us, costumers, is about urgency. Is about fun and respect.

Is playing IWDEE right now for you not fun?
    ThacoBell

Raduziel said:

Nope, because I know it could be better if it was updated. To be fair, I can't see that much difference between IWD and IWDEE, but that's a whole different subject.

@Doubledimas I saw this one. The way I see was the same kind of answer: to the hell with those that already bought the game, we are looking for new pockets.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Raduziel said:

Raduziel said:

Nope, because I know it could be better if it was updated. To be fair, I can't see that much difference between IWD and IWDEE, but that's a whole different subject.
    Oh really? Care to elaborate? Because when I look at the two different games, I see a difference so huge that I can't really describe it. The resolution for starters, is much more optimized and more "friendly." I seriously can't play the "bulky" versions of IWD nor IWD2, but now that I tried the EE I almost managed to get myself through the game. I found it playable and enjoyable, two feelings I couldn't say for the original versions.

This may not be a problem for you, but for me sir, it is the world. Still I don't really understand how you see no difference in the game what so ever.

As @JuliusBorisov mentioned, there are more classes and more variety in play styles. I believe dual wielding for instance, was not implemented in the original game. Not Sorcerers either. I can't name all the differences between the two games because I barely played the first one, due to it being "unplayable" in my opinion. Yes, I am quite picky when it comes to that. The resolution and all that limited functionallity.

As I said, I tried the EE version once, and I had tons of fun actually, until I ran in to a bug that put a stop to the playthrough. These bugs come from rushed updates and patches. The game is playable, a rushed patch may change that. Let them take their time with their updates. You can always take a break and play another game if you really don't feel like playing IWDEE. I am sure you got more hobbies/games to enjoy, with all due respect.

ThacoBellVarwulf
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    My guess would be that they want to wrap up a project (therefore 100% dedication) and after that is done they move towards getting a v2.4 fix ready and after that fix is done convert IWD to v2+. Testing that implementation eill take a bit more time than getting the other EE's from v2.3 tot v2.4.
    But they always said they want to do a IWD to v2+ version. It might take some time however.

ShYariv
  • Wagner235Wagner235 Member Posts: 11
    I feel you fellow adventurers. I was waiting for IWD 2.0 since the release of BG 2.0, and now... Well, "ain't that a bitch". So yeah, I am sad.
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    The main reason I want 2.0 is because of the IWD in EET mod: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27759
    ArdulAasimCrevsDaak
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I don't really see why it's reasonable to expect Beamdog to devote their very limited company resources to a game that had modest sales compared to their other products, and probably isn't going to sell many more copies in the future, except at extreme discounts. I paid for an enhanced Icewind Dale, with BG2 kits and classes added, and that's what I got. The current version is fine. Any further updating would be an extraordinary gift and a courtesy from a small gaming company, for little or no benefit to them other than goodwill towards and from their customers. I'm completely satisfied with my purchase of IWD:EE.

While I've not always agreed with Beamdog's decisions and business practices, and have even been dissatisfied a few times with the states of my games from them, I in no way think they owe me anything. If I was past a certain threshold of dissatisfaction, I wouldn't buy any future releases, but I know good and well I'm going to buy anything they put out that's D&D related, and they would know it too if I started trying to ineffectively influence them to pander to me by making empty boycotting threats and accusations that they were disrespecting me by not giving me what I wanted immediately.

That said, it looks like they did mess up pretty bad on the Collector's Edition for SoD. I'm really glad I didn't succumb to the temptation to buy that, because that's still a case where people really didn't get what they paid for. If I were in charge of Beamdog, getting that debacle resolved would be my priority.
    RodrianKilivitzThacoBell
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028

I would say it isn't for me, because the graphical update brought about in 2.0 BGEE helped me able to see the differences in sprites and other things. Colorblindness is a pain.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    RelSundanGoturalCrevsDaak