Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Just curious, in your new system, which Bard kit will be the most "gishy"?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Contemplative_Hamsteragb1Grammarsalad
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    @subtledoctor im really exited about that bard song system. When will we try it ? :D
    edited December 2016
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    agb1
    edited January 2017
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

QUESTION:

Should Skalds be arcane spellcasters? Or should they be demi-bards, with Fighter thac0/APR in exchange for no spellcasting? (They would still be able to use wands and probably scrolls.)

It makes sense to me. However, for sake of clarity, all bard kits should probably go under Bard in the actual UI.
    edited January 2017
    Wowo
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Holy crap, man...
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    edited December 2016
    That is a lot of work. Always great to see updates to M&G :)

So now that you are doing the Bard aura thing. I request the Hexblade as a Bard kit ;)
    I know I ask about it every month or two, but no pressure.

I think it would fit perfect as a Bard kit.
    - Hex aura song thingy (Aura of unlucky/Hexblade Curse
    - Maybe some innate curse?
    - Minimal Spellcasting?
    - Some fighting skills

From you list of Bard song effects, these would fit very well:
    - Spellcasting failure affects everyone * #
    - thac0/damage penalties for enemies *
    - Luck/save penalties for enemies * #
    - Confusion on enemies * ^

To similar to the Jester maybe?
    Just an idea, if you don't have time or don't like it, I understand.
    But I just love the concept of the Class.
    Skalds as Fighters would have their own merit. I certainly wouldn't oppose it, but then again, arcane casting is part of what makes Bards so cool.
    BTW, the Bard kits which get -1 spell per level, that doesn't exclude them from getting bonus spells for INT, right?
    edited December 2016
    edited December 2016
    Contemplative_HamsterGrammarsalad
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Changing the Magic selection for Bards give them a much better immersion (at least in my mind).
    Giving the demibards some innate spellcasting sounds great.
    And the Hexblade as the demibard Jester, just perfect from my point of view :)

Just for interest, will demibards get warrior/thief stronghold or the bard one?

Here's a fun thing I have been working on: I am drastically limiting bards' spellbooks, to just the schools of Enchantment, Illusion, and Divination. (Basically, the kind of magic you might find performed at a carnival :wink: ) This is a big disadvantage. In exchange,

1) Bards will be able to cast 7th level spells

2) Sound/word-based magic outside those schools will be automatically added to bards' spellbooks. These include:
    - Command (converted from divine list)
    - Silence 15' (converted from divine list)
    - Deafness (<--- becomes Sound Burst with SR :smiley: )
    - Glitterdust (glitter! :lol: )
    - Vocalize (but targetable...! )
    - Word of Revocation (single-target Dispel)
    - Secret Word
    - Shout (from IWDEE)
    - Greater Command (converted from divine list)
    - Power Word: Silence
    - Power Word: Stun

I can make up an innate ability to use (some of) these spells and make it available to the non-spellcasting demibards. So they won't be completely without access to spellcasting. </p>

Nice work :)
    Maybe up to lvl 8 spelld as adnd 2 high lvl campaigns book.

Do you modify smthing about hla for bards ? RR mod hla are good, but i liked to have everything on 1 mod.
    Wowo

• As for HLA-level new-style songs: I actually don't have many ideas. One idea is like the 'personal' Cloak of Fear aura, where enemies within 3' have to save every round... except, on a failed save, instead of being frightened, they will be Mazed. :naughty:

They'll be a-Mazed. Yes. They will be floored by his performance. Rock on! Literally.
    Wowo
    I know you have little time, but do you thinkm is it needed to revision the beastmaster more ? I think it would be good to give them d12 hp, and a uniqe shapeshift/wild shape, not werewolf forms. Maybe wolf/bear from that scales with level(stronger weapon, abilities) but only last for some turns, this will represents his strong bond to nature and her wild spirit.
    Maybe the bard hat grants a uniqe, not learnable song, and/or grant chargable magic abilities(like charm, dominate ec.), or grants all/lots of songs while worn.

Why just meistersinger get the new features or whats the question ?

I dont think that gipsy is needed, but f you have time.. more kits more fun.

The Hexblade was always a gish class, is it a multi class kit of fighter mage ? or use innitate magic ?

Sounds delicious, to be honest.
    I'd bite the bullet and add the Meistersinger, just a matter of finishing things up.
    I don't think another kit is needed.
    Perhaps too difficult to program, but it would be nice of the Hat gave bonuses to whichever song is active.
    edited December 2016
    Post edited by Danacm on
  • wyakpawyakpa Member Posts: 62
    Hexblades are like Arcane curse-paladins in 3E. They have CHA bonus to saves vs spells, high BAB, have the same spell progression as pallys (except arcane with an arcane list and armored casting), and this curse of misfortune debuff thing. And they could get familiars. And most notably they were spontaneous casters so their levels qualified for the Dragon Disciple prestige class XD. Overall though, they felt a lot like debuff-oriented arcane nongood paladins.

Not at all sure how that would/could/should translate. But that's more or less what they were.
    Grammarsalad
    Grammarsalad
  • wyakpawyakpa Member Posts: 62
    Woah, isn't the point of tabletop RPGs to win? You don't minmax in order to be the most powerful mary sue in the gameverse? You've obviously been playing DnD wrong all these years. :-P

Yeah, and it was also a prime example of 3E's bad habit of going "This is neat; I think I'll make an entire class around this weirdly specific idea." And then 3E had a zillion prestige classes spread across 3 dozen books. -_-

Anyway, I like your implementation idea, as far as it fitting in with everything else.