Skip to content

BG1 Unfinished Business v16.0

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited August 2016
    Thels said:

Keep in mind that Weidu will automatically update itself based on other mods placed in the same directory (which is actually quite the inconvenience in this case, so you got to make sure that you have no installers in there that are based on the new weidu.

Yes, the behavior is unfortunate. I don't want to distribute a beta version of WeiDU with BG1UB (at least, not on a non-beta BG1UB). First, it forces users to be beta-testers, even if they don't want to be. Also, as you can see, it potentially breaks mods that haven't been updated yet.

I also can't update BG1UB to be compatible with WeiDU v240 until it is released (or I start distributing a beta version of WeiDU). The release version of v239 will fail if I add GAME_IS ~sod~ checks to all the GAME_IS ~bgee~ checks since it doesn't understand the ~sod~ token.

Basically, damned if I do, damned if I don't.
  • Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
    thanks <3
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @AstroBryGuy
    Hi :)
    I have some questions for you.
    1. With the last update, you added the extra_tmp_ee.tra file. It looks like the extra_tmp file, which is already translated. May I ask its purpose and what lines are different from the extra_tmp_ee.tra file? That would help us a lot and avoid useless work.
    2. The "Restore Minor Dialogues" component cannot be installed using the Italian language. We get this error:

[bg1ub/tra/italiano/ubunshey.TRA] has 3 translation strings

[bg1ub/dialogues/cpm/ubunshey.d] loaded, 1769 bytes

Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...

[UNSHEY.DLG] loaded

[UNSHEY.DLG] saved 10 states, 11 trans, 9 strig, 0 ttrig, 3 actions

Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR: No translation provided for @120

ERROR: [BOOK09.ITM] -> [override/ubunbook.itm] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Stopping installation because of error.

Stopping installation because of error.

That happens because the strings 120 and 121 are missing in bg1ub file.

3. @improbabile noticed three typos in the Italian translation that I fixed.

Attached the updated files (the typos have been fixed and the two strings have been translated).
    edited August 2016
    Hi Aedan,

extra_tmp.tra is basically strings from the dialog.tlk file. Beamdog updated some of those strings for BGEE (in English, at least). Nothing significant, usually punctuation tweaks.

Here's an example:

extra_tmp.tra:
    //#4984
    @10016 = ~Excuse me but I am late for my classes.~ [%tutu_var%READR02]
    extra_tmp_ee.tra:
    //#4984
    @10016 = ~[READERS, SCRIBES 2] Oh... 'scuse me, but I am late for my classes.~ [READR02]
    No difference in the content of the lines. Beamdog just added slang spelling of "excuse" to reflect how the line is read by the voice actor.

The idea behind creating the "_ee.tra" version was to avoid unnecessary duplication of lines in the dialog.tlk (i.e., to not add the BG1/Tutu version of the line if the EEs made a minor change). The file is not necessary for BG1UB to install successfully, and it will work fine without it.

To be honest, it's probably not worth your time. Reflecting on it, it wasn't worth the time I spent... :wink:
    @AstroBryGuy
    I see. Thanks for the reply!
    Please let me know if you need someone to test the next build to make sure that the bug in the Italian translation is gone :)
    @Aedan - The changes are uploaded to the GitHub repository. I'm rebuilding after a hardware failure, and I don't have the ability to test recent edits at this time.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited November 2016
    Those new, "garbage" items in Friendly Arm Inn shop are created by this mod? I installed only UB1, NPCProject and SCS and can't find which one did it.
    EDIT: Ok, i just noticed it's NPCProject work.
    Post edited by Etamin on
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited November 2016
    @Etamin: They should only appear when Eldoth is in the party. Just tell Eldoth to wait outside the FAI for a bit while you do your groceries, and then all should be well.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Think I found a bug at the Justifier kit:

It was supposed to gain +1 Hit and +1 SF every ten levels (starting at lv 1 with +1 Hit/+1 SF).

Just reached level 10 and I've notice that the Thac0 bonus still +1 and I've never got any SF bonus.
    edited December 2016
    @Raduziel
    Unless I am wrong, the Justifier kit is introduced by Unfinished Business for BG2. This thread is for Unfinished Business for BG(EE).
    @Raduziel - @Aedan is correct that kit is part of BG2 UB. BG1 UB adds no kits, since there were no kits in the original BG1.

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=101&Itemid=80/
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Just double checked and you guys are correct, the Justifier and Feralan both come with the Divine Remix.

Sorry about that.
  • mzacharymzachary Member Posts: 106
    Question: is this all restored content or also completely new content?
    edited December 2016
    BG1 UB is restored content. There is some new dialog, as much of the restored content really was "unfinished" by Bioware. For example, a restored encounter may have only had the part of the dialog written. The BG1 UB would fill-in the missing lines to restore the encounter.
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
    If I am starting the Nashkel mines now, is it to late to install the mod or should I install the mod and start over?

Also, does the mod work with the BGNPC mod?
    Yes, this mod works with BG1NPC. It is recommended that you install BG1NPC first, since BG1UB will detect BG1NPC and skip certain components.

You can install BG1UB now, but some components may not work fully on an "in progress" saved game. For example, I would skip install the Prism and the Emeralds component if you are haven't completed that quest yet.

Yes, this mod works with BG1NPC. It is recommended that you install BG1NPC first, since BG1UB will detect BG1NPC and skip certain components.

You can install BG1UB now, but some components may not work fully on an "in progress" saved game. For example, I would skip install the Prism and the Emeralds component if you are haven't completed that quest yet.

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply.

I am not that far in and will restart ;)
    Sorry, forgot to ask. If I am using enchanted missile launcher mod, should I install that after ub? Or is it ok to install ub after?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I believe the general rule of thumb is to install quest packs (UB fallls under) before item mods.
  • SteamrollerBooneSteamrollerBoone Member Posts: 4
    Howdy,
    After sticking with an older version of BG:EE (OS X) for the past year or so, I finally buckled under and bought Siege of Dragonspear, thus forcing the update. Had to reinstall mods, no big deal and I don't really use that many. One of them is Unfinished Business and, unfortunately, I can't get the mod to execute properly. This is what I get when I click the command:

Last login: Thu Apr 13 19:15:41 on ttys001
    XXXXXB /Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ Enhanced\ Edition.app/Contents/Resources/setup-bg1ub.command ; exit;
    /Applications/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.app/Contents/Resources/setup-bg1ub.command: line 3: 76075 Killed: 9 ./setup-bg1ub
    logout
    Saving session...
    ...copying shared history...
    ...saving history...truncating history files...
    ...completed.

[Process completed]

I've done the modmerge thing, and the other couple few seem to work. Best I can tell, I'm trying to use the most recent version of Unfinished Business for Mac. Thanks in advance.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2017
    @SteamrollerBoone I've merged your comment in with the main unfinished business thread. I don't really know enough about the mod to help but maybe AstroBryGuy can.
    @SteamrollerBoone - The version of WeiDU with BG1UB is pre-v240. Older WeiDU binaries were packed with UPX, but Apple dropped support for such binaries in Sierra.

The attached archive contains a replacement setup-bg1ub binary that should work on Sierra.

https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/editor/ay/6mdiv8m63dsv.zip
  • SteamrollerBooneSteamrollerBoone Member Posts: 4
    @elminster,
    Fair enough. Thanks for the attention.
    @AstroBryGuy,
    That seems to have done the trick. Now to remind myself to not delete it. Much obliged.
    @AstroBryGuy
    Cool!
    Do translations need to be updated?
    edited November 2017
    Aedan said:

@AstroBryGuy
    Cool!
    Do translations need to be updated?

Sure!

setup.tra (DOS encoding only):
    @4400 = ~Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations~

ubch6.tra (original BGEE string references noted):

@1 = ~I am pleased to see thee again. Hast thou come to collect the inheritance from your father? He left thee several items, all of which are within his old room. Please forgive my abrupt nature, but much requires my attention this day. It is important that we later speak of your foster father, but not now. Meet me in the outer grounds later today.~ // #9
    @2 = ~Surrender to the guard, young one. Thou wouldst only make it worse for thyself.~ // #10
    @3 = ~Why do you ask us to surrender? We have done nothing wrong.~ // #7231 - first part
    @4 = ~Sorry, we can't surrender.~ // #7231 - second part
    @5 = ~I surrender. Take me to your prison.~ // #7232
    @6 = ~You only make things harder on yourself, child.~ // #7233
    @7 = ~You there! Stop and surrender yourself. You are accused of murdering the men Brunos Costak and Rieltar Anchev. If you give yourself up now, you will be assured of a fair trial.~ // #16810 - modified
    @8 = ~We're innocent, so we have nothing to fear. Take us to your prison.~ // #15197
    Awesome, I'm on it!
    edited November 2017
    There you go:

setup.tra
    @4400 = ~Ripristina Dialoghi Capitolo 6~

ubch6.tra
    @1 = ~Mi fa piacere rivederti. Sei venuto a raccogliere l'eredità di tuo padre? Ti ha lasciato molti oggetti. Sono tutti nella sua vecchia stanza. Perdona i miei modi bruschi, ma oggi molte cose richiedono la mia attenzione. È importante che in seguito parliamo del tuo padre adottivo, ma non ora. Incontriamoci più tardi nei giardini interni.~ ~Mi fa piacere rivederti. Sei venuta a raccogliere l'eredità di tuo padre? Ti ha lasciato molti oggetti. Sono tutti nella sua vecchia stanza. Perdona i miei modi bruschi, ma oggi molte cose richiedono la mia attenzione. È importante che in seguito parliamo del tuo padre adottivo, ma non ora. Incontriamoci più tardi nei giardini interni.~ // #9
    @2 = ~Arrenditi alle guardie, giovanotto. Peggioreresti soltanto la tua situazione.~ ~Arrenditi alle guardie, giovanotta. Peggioreresti soltanto la tua situazione.~ // #10
    @3 = ~Perché mi chiedi di arrenderci? Non abbiamo fatto niente di male.~ // #7231 - first part
    @4 = ~Spiacente, non possiamo farlo.~ // #7231 - second part
    @5 = ~Mi arrendo. Portami in prigione.~ // #7232
    @6 = ~Stai solo complicando le cose, ragazzo.~ ~Stai solo complicando le cose, ragazza.~ // #7233
    @7 = ~Voi, laggiù! Fermatevi e arrendetevi. Siete accusati dell'omicidio di Brunos Costak e Rieltar Anchev. Se vi arrenderete subito, vi sarà garantito un giusto processo.~ // #16810 - modified
    @8 = ~Siamo innocenti, quindi non abbiamo nulla da temere. Portateci nella vostra prigione.~ // #15197