Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

@CrevsDaak It could be a problem playing a paladin. In my games I just never talk to him. I refuse to talk to such riff raff.

Yeah, that's why I wanted to change it, but apparently it's intended. His dialogue file runs this:
    ChangeClass(Myself,INNOCENT)
    Not sure why, but I'm going to leave that there, anyway, if I played a Paladin I wouldn't kill him in the first place. And the next time I'll kill him before giving him the Boots back, unless I am in dire need of XP.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited December 2016
    I have a problem with my set-up. As mentioned earlier, I uninstalled the Drizzt saga and reinstalled it in order to regain the level cap. It hasn't worked. I can still get experience over 161,000. Does anyone know how to put it back using Shadowkeeper perhaps? If you know, please inform me.

I have even started a new game and the cap isn't in that either. :(
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited December 2016
    My NR fatalities list (everyone after #0 were made with the random charname generator mod):

0) The Bastard of Candlekeep (H-Orc Zerk, CN) - died to Nimbul's magic missiles (didn't recharge my zerks before leaving the mines map)
    1) The Wild Dancer (Human Shaman, NG) - died to Carbos (stupid -4 AC penalty for ranged-in-melee)
    2) The Fury Brand (Human Zerk, TN) - not dead yet
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

I have a problem with my set-up. As mentioned earlier, I uninstalled the Drizzt saga and reinstalled it in order to regain the level cap. It hasn't worked. I can still get experience over 161,000. Does anyone know how to put it back using Shadowkeeper perhaps? If you know, please inform me.

I have even started a new game and the cap isn't in that either. :(

If you're playing EE, check the override folder for a file name startare.2da and edit it with notepad or something that won't destroy the file. Change the 161000 in the line that says START_XP_CAP to the desired XP cap. You'll also have to edit the file xpcap.2da. This one's per class. Just drop a bunch of zeros for each one and you should be good. If you're not on EE, I think it's just the xpcap.2da file. If you can't find them there, use NearInfinity to edit them or install the BG2Tweaks component to remove the XP cap (might be the easiest one, link: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=973).
    Wise_Grimwald
    @CrevsDaak I think that you have misunderstood what I am trying to do. I am wanting the level cap back again as I am finding my characters to be over-powered. Nevertheless, your advice is appreciated as the information that you gave just needs to be applied slightly differently.
    CrevsDaak
    @CrevsDaak Thank you for your help. Set-up is now working as I want thanks to your input. Level Cap is now 161,000. :)
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
    Houston, we have a problem! Simon the Montfort and party went to the bandit camp and defeated Tazok who then left the area. All the bandits outside Tazok's tent were then killed. Web was then used against those in Tazok's Tent and everyone except Ender Sai were killed. We picked up the papers from Tazok's chest but the next chapter did not start. We have killed the wyverns but are unable to reach the Nashkekl Mines. They aren't even greyed out but the icon is totally missing. Suggestions?
    CrevsDaak
    Problem solved. The party returned to Tazok's tent and upon entering it, the chapter finished and the mines appeared on the map. I don't understand it, but everything is now A OK. :smile:
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    @Grond0 Starting the year as you mean to carry on?? :wink:
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Why break the habits of a lifetime ...
    CrevsDaakAasimJuliusBorisov
    Grond0 said:

Why break the habits of a lifetime ...

:smile:
    CrevsDaakAasimJuliusBorisov
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Commiserations :)
    CrevsDaakGrond0JuliusBorisov
    Completed Trollford from the DDz, but it had many bugs and undroppable items so I have given the party some extra xp and switched out bugged items for vanilla equivalents. The poor ai made me a little lazy but apart from enemies getting some spells off no extreme dangers were met with. Unfortunately I missed a nifty death magic immunity item at the end due to Whitworth getting impatient with the reward, and since DDz is in imperfect state I shall probably leave most of its quests alone from here. From here we will probably skin the Shadow Dragon and give Kivan a chance to catch up with Tazok (the vampires are a good testing ground for fighting Bodhi...) before heading off to Spellhold.
    Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    edited January 2017
    Simon de Montfort, Imoen, Minsc, Dynaheir and Thorin have reached Baldur's Gate. All but Minsc and Dynaheir have reached the point where they could not level up again before the level cap. Then a bug occurred. I will try to solve it, but otherwise the game is at an end.
    EDIT
    Reinstallation appears to have fixed the bug. :smiley: I have no idea what happened to cause the next levelling point to be ridiculosly high. I suspect a Gog update, but don't really know. The party will soon be returning to Candlekeep, but may visit the Section base in Bereost first. Now that the cap is 161,000, they certainly will not be visiting either the section base in the Gate, or The Drizzt Saga.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Grond0CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591

The solution? Pixie Dust, which grants us save bonuses and also makes us untargetable.

With Spell Revisions Pixie Dust and Improved Invisibility do not provide save bonuses anymore. They only grant +4 AC bonus vs attacks with conventional weapons and make invisible character untargetable with direct spells. Just be aware of that.
    Unfortunately, on EEs being Imp.Invisible grants you +4 to saves, regardless of SR's intentions. Beamdog hardcoded those bonuses into it to avoid stacking issues vanilla game had and that required wonky workarounds to get around. Now SR will require yet more wonky workarounds to remove the +4 bonus to saves. :)
    Serg_BlackStriderCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210
    edited January 2017
    Aasim said:

The solution? Pixie Dust, which grants us save bonuses and also makes us untargetable.

With Spell Revisions Pixie Dust and Improved Invisibility do not provide save bonuses anymore. They only grant +4 AC bonus vs attacks with conventional weapons and make invisible character untargetable with direct spells. Just be aware of that.
    Unfortunately, on EEs being Imp.Invisible grants you +4 to saves, regardless of SR's intentions. Beamdog hardcoded those bonuses into it to avoid stacking issues vanilla game had and that required wonky workarounds to get around. Now SR will require yet more wonky workarounds to remove the +4 bonus to saves. :)
    I see, thanks for the input! Yet another reason for me to keep using vanilla game... (I do not take advantage of stacking exploits intentionally anyway).
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Briefly... did Watchers Keep level 1 (not statues), North Forest, some grave robbing and the Shadow Dragon. Nalia has been kidnapped so have picked up Valygar (Wizard Slayer) and am toying with the idea of doing the Sphere.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Havent read all the post and have been really bad at following this thread lately, but how the heck do you have HLA already @semiticgod
    JuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @RelSundan: I am playing LoB mode. Also, I imported some of my characters from a previous LoB run that got cut short. And I'm running a smaller party. In LoB mode, you can get HLAs with a full party before Spellhold.
    RelSundanJuliusBorisov