Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    @semiticgod, thank you
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Arctodus: BG2 and TOB aren't my only no-reloads. There was also a single no-reload run of SOD (Poppy the Cleric/Illusionist), IWD:EE (I forget who was in it), and IWD2 (Frisk, Chara, and Asriel, the "Underdale" run).

I've only tried no-reload for BG1 twice. The first time was with a character who had the advantages and disadvantages of every kit in the game, but it turned out to be extremely powerful despite having zero spellcasting and being unable to use basically any items at all--it just smashed everything with werewolf form and innate abilities. I gave that one up.

I also tried out a party of a Fighter/Illusionist, War Hulk, Seducer, and Alchemist with SCS, SR, and IR--mostly just to stress-test my new custom kits in BG1, since I didn't much understand the game balance in BG1. I got all the way through the main quest and all of the Tales of the Sword Coast questlines, but it didn't count as a full no-reload because I reloaded a couple times very early in the game. If I had just started over instead of reloading, which would have only cost me an hour or two at most, it would have been a successful BG1 no-reload run, but I did not.
    ArctodusCrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited March 2017
    @semiticgod : Yeah, I know about those too. I read them all, except your SoD playthough, because I hadn't played it at that time and wanted to avoid spoilers.

It does raise a question, though : should these memorable non-complete runs be documented somewhere ? Probably, but not in the Hall of Heroes, because the challenge clearly stated in the OP is about the BG trilogy/tetralogy. Hence, why even an IWD1-2 no-reload success, while welcome in the thread, shouldn't be in the Hall. Also, hunting down all those memorable runs, like the @JuliusBorisov's Totemic Druid, @Blackraven's Bounty Hunters or your Party of Spiders (and many others), would be a lot more time consuming -- and harder to identify : which non-complete run really deserve to be remembered ? Not always easy to identify...

On the other hand, if you would actually take the time to go through BG1, I'm pretty sure you would have already a few success under your belt... :p
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Expectedly, the Hall of Heroes may be incomplete. If you tag me with your amendments (in the same format as in the OP), I will be happy to edit them in.
    ArctodusCrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,169
    Sounds like Romantic Encounters!
    CrevsDaaksemiticgoddessNeverusedJuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    edited March 2017
    Mantis37 said:

Sounds like Romantic Encounters!

@semiticgod

It IS Romantic Encounters with the option of ALL the encounters being installed. If you were wanting an installation that your kids can play, don't install the adult version.

Most of that dialogue can be easily skipped. YOU chose the options.

However I think that with those options installed it should be called lustful encounters, not romantic encounters. No romance at all, just lust.

If you are male, the guard doesn't turn up. Clearly the mod writer didn't feel comfortable with it being a male-male encounter or with a similar dialogue with the guard being female.
    ArctodussemiticgoddessCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903

Most of that dialogue can be easily skipped. YOU chose the options.

I kind of figured. :smile:
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov