Skip to content

Are there badges for breaking forum rules?

chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
I've had a few warnings from the moderators over time, and I've been "jailed" once. Met some interesting people there. Do I get any badges? Could be different kinds:

Jailed: the Maze icon
Slurs: Fireball
Duplicate accounts: Mirror Image... that's taken up, isn't it. Simulacrum?
Spam: Creeping Doom
Advertising: Friends
Copyright violations: Contingency
5 warnings: Monster Summoning
10 warnings: Cacofiend
50 warnings: Wish

Eh?
FinneousPJ

Comments

• chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    Shandyr said:

No badges, no. However if you break a few more rules you might eventually get a very special avatar picture! How cool is that!

So long as it's not an ass in a hat...
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited April 2017
    Reminds me of a short scene from Clint Eastwood's Any Which Way You Can
    Looks like it could be a moderator seeing a forum 'lawbreaker', bout 'Earnin them badges', hehheh B)

Troodon80
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited April 2017
    chimeric said:

I've had a few warnings from the moderators over time, and I've been "jailed" once. Met some interesting people there. Do I get any badges? Could be different kinds:

Jailed: the Maze icon
    Slurs: Fireball
    Duplicate accounts: Mirror Image... that's taken up, isn't it. Simulacrum?
    Spam: Creeping Doom
    Advertising: Friends
    Copyright violations: Contingency
    5 warnings: Monster Summoning
    10 warnings: Cacofiend
    50 warnings: Wish

Eh?

I know it is a serious issue, and mods (and tough I imagine sometimes) want to keep the forum a friendly place (I agree) but I always remember a saying, "If you ain't pissin anybody off, you might not be going at it as hard as you could to bring up tough issues or promote change".

Course there are always consequences and we all have to judge the reward (making ppl think about something in a different light-ok) vs the penalty (getting banned-sucks)

@Dee And yeah, give a badge for being bad, 'and they will come'. :)
    Troodon80
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Dee said:

There's some real badge collectors on this site, and you can be sure that if there were a badge for getting jailed or getting certain numbers of warnings, those people would try to find a way to "soft-break" the rules in order to earn those badges just as a matter of completionism.

We're all gamers, after all--and even if our characters are Lawful Good, sometimes we really want Blackrazor...

What a positively preposterous presumption.
    I can't think of anybody who would do such a thing!
    :3c
    Troodon80
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    The only real mark of pride for a rulebreaker is to get an entire country IP-banned. Usually Germany.
    ButtercheeseTroodon80mlneveseArdanis