Skip to content

Divinity Original Sin 2

ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
What do you think of It so far?

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I didn't play the first game (including its EE), but I will eventually get the sequel for one reason only:

But not now. I'm currently in the process of getting real lizards. And this is an costly hobby to say the least. ;)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Lizards FTW.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    For some reason Christopher Shy's voice really gets on my nerves.

Aside from that he does some good LPs.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

I like the fact that the new game is giving more focus to character depth than the 1st one (since that was the one area where the 1st game was a bit deficient), but I'm nervous about some of the mechanical changes to the new game (i.e.: the new system of "physical/magic shields"), which seem to heavily tip the scales of combat toward magic use and/or whoever can take action first.
    Question: are there complete walkthroughs of this game yet?

No, the game is still in development - only the early stages of it have been released.

No, the game is still in development - only the early stages of it have been released.
    I should have known cuz early access.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    I still haven't beaten number 1!!! Why do this to me?

I still haven't beaten number 1!!! Why do this to me?

Cuz i like Divinity? I Wish they would give a finale to Damian's storyline though.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Whoa...this is pretty awesome! I am really looking forward to this game (still need to finish the first one, though).
    https://youtu.be/sj9cPK2_qKU
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Unlike the first game, does DOS2 have the ability to pause the game? That will be critical to my decision to buy the game.
    Not really, but since it's turn-based I don't see it as a problem (full disclosure...I also found that really irritating at first, but I grew to accept it once I realized there's really no need to pause).
    kanisatha said:

Unlike the first game, does DOS2 have the ability to pause the game? That will be critical to my decision to buy the game.

How? DOS was turn based so with or without the ability to pause you can basically stand up, walk away, come back and might as well consider the game paused.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Yeah, I don't see the point of a pause on a turn base game. It "pauses" automatically if anything happens.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    It isn't a turn-based game outside of combat :P.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Fardragon said:

Yeah, I don't see the point of a pause on a turn base game. It "pauses" automatically if anything happens.

Pause would be nice for those times that you are trying to talk to animals. Rats especially :)
    edited May 2017
    elminster said:

Fardragon said:

Pause would be nice for those times that you are trying to talk to animals. Rats especially :)
    Oh yeah, trying to talk to those damn rats is a near impossibility! I feel like there has to be some way to make them stop running. It winds up being a not so fun game of whack-a-mole(mouse) trying to talk to them.
    procco said:

elminster said:

Fardragon said:

Oh yeah, trying to talk to those damn rats is a near impossibility! I feel like there has to be some way to make them stop running. It winds up being a not so fun game of whack-a-mole(mouse) trying to talk to them.
    F****ng rats, how do they work?
    Nimran said:

It isn't a turn-based game outside of combat :P.

@Nimran, i know you're making a joke but for the the sake of I'm bored. You could already pause the game outside of combat if i remember correctly.

I really need to go back and play the enhanced addition...And finally beat the game. I would do it this summer but when I'm not drawing there is always a new problem.l
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Well, time still passes within the game, so walking away and returning to the game does not equal "nothing happens." And as that time passes, things can and do change in the world including things that can happen to NPCs and to quests. So leaving the game running (sometimes possibly for a few hours) while I go do something else, or even just when I'm messing around within the inventory (I like micro-managing) etc., means something important within the game world could potentially change. Not being able to pause in single-player is stupid to me, and the game's combat being TB is irrelevant to the issue.
    @kanisatha
    Ok, ignore the antidotal argument that i have left DOS running and nothing significantly changed or happened for me, both in town and on the wilderness, (both in and out of combat).

Your whole original statement was this,
    kanisatha said:

And now that i looked back on it, i think i may have misinterpreted what you were saying. It sounded like you were letting the adding of the ability to pause the game influence whether or not you would actually get it. In essence you were against the addition of pausing.

If that is not the case then this is a topic being discussed on a miss understanding.

The game combat being TB isn't irrelevant, actually it's quite relevant because that was the first thing that came to mind, being able to to pause during the combat, redundant as it sounds. When it comes to pausing a game during what is one of the most vital parts of a crpg most be viewed. Because that could actually mean a significant change in how the combat is actually plays out.

I will say that i haven't looked at any videos dealing with dos2 so what i saying is running on the wheels of "if this was to happen."
    When the full game will be released?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Bets are split between 2017 and 2018.
    The last update from the devs said second half of this year, but who knows...they still have some systems to implement which will likely cause bugs that will have to be squashed. My guess is late October, based on absolutely nothing :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    This looks amazing!
    https://youtu.be/GFv3SoC-WOc
    procco said:

This looks amazing!
    https://youtu.be/GFv3SoC-WOc

I Wish they make a sequel to Divinity 2 Eco Dragonide, i want to see where they go with Damian.

Wow! - check out these two new playable classes, for anyone who hasn't seen this yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxoV0-x7O6U

Wow! - check out these two new playable classes, for anyone who hasn't seen this yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxoV0-x7O6U

Amazing!