Skip to content

Sandrah Saga For EET

Comments

• IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    It does look very interesting. It gives the impression that it is another NPC mod though; only upon closer inspection will you realize that it's much more than that. But is it fully operational? Seems very enormous for one modder to successfully make.
  • FiastraFiastra Member Posts: 33
    I agree, it looks enormous. I was curious if someone already played it in order to get some insights.
  • HooAmEyeHooAmEye Member Posts: 21
    It's a little...rough. The amount of content is truly staggering, and when combined with exp reducing mods becomes a great addition. However, the main problem is Sandrah herself. If anyone has played the Chloe or Saerlith (ugh) mods, then you should have a good idea of what the npc is like. Everyone just falls head over heels for her, and is better than the Charname at everything. Her personality isn't that great either, with barrels full of arrogance, and is never called out on it. Giant Mary Sue. So the mod is really a mixed bag. Tons of mod interactions, and surpisingly varied content, but a horrible centerpiece
    MirandelAedantl1942
    It may be interesting if anyone would post a "Let's Play" about Sandrah Saga.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Looks impressive for sure.
    It recomends secrets of Bonehill. Great (but buggy) mod - i didn't know that the mod was EE compatible?
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    is it possible to play with out bws?

I have played the mod some time ago when it was still on the old game (BGT) and now included it in my EET playthrough. I am halfways through the BG1 part.
    - the mod has very much improved compared to the BGT pre-version
    - it had contents for Bonehill as well as for many other mods that are still not converted to EE/EET, but it is playable without it
    -

with barrels full of arrogance, and is never called out on it. Giant Mary Sue
    this appears to be intentional, obviously a disguise - she introduces herself to the protagonist *You need ME!* but clearly it may very well be the other way round. Every time I thought I figured out her schemings, the mod takes a turn and I am lost again. All I can say is I don't trust her at all and that makes things interesting. She is a big manipulator and deceiver, but why? Given the size of the mod, I may not find the answer any time soon.
    - there are loads of minor and major plots and quests, many of the evolve with the protagonist's story and many of them appear to be parts of a larger puzzle. The whole story is not linear and requires a long time to build up - it is supposed to come to conclusion at ToB and I am still a long way from that.
    - She appears to be powerful at the beginning but is not easy to handle, still her presence in the party allows me to try out party members I would otherwise leave out. For the moment I took Garrick, Xan and Neera along (+ Imoen and Sandrah), a combination I never did before and wouldn't have considered to do without her.

My conclusion so far: this is not your average NPC mod but some kind of new road through the old game which you either decide to follow for curiosity or dismiss as *too demanding*.
    This looks amazing :D
    Is there any chance you may include a couple of screenshots about your current game? I'm very curious about it!
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited May 2017
    Fiastra said:

I have played the mod some time ago when it was still on the old game (BGT) and now included it in my EET playthrough. I am halfways through the BG1 part.
    - the mod has very much improved compared to the BGT pre-version
    - it had contents for Bonehill as well as for many other mods that are still not converted to EE/EET, but it is playable without it
    -

with barrels full of arrogance, and is never called out on it. Giant Mary Sue
    this appears to be intentional, obviously a disguise - she introduces herself to the protagonist *You need ME!* but clearly it may very well be the other way round. Every time I thought I figured out her schemings, the mod takes a turn and I am lost again. All I can say is I don't trust her at all and that makes things interesting. She is a big manipulator and deceiver, but why? Given the size of the mod, I may not find the answer any time soon.
    - there are loads of minor and major plots and quests, many of the evolve with the protagonist's story and many of them appear to be parts of a larger puzzle. The whole story is not linear and requires a long time to build up - it is supposed to come to conclusion at ToB and I am still a long way from that.
    - She appears to be powerful at the beginning but is not easy to handle, still her presence in the party allows me to try out party members I would otherwise leave out. For the moment I took Garrick, Xan and Neera along (+ Imoen and Sandrah), a combination I never did before and wouldn't have considered to do without her.

My conclusion so far: this is not your average NPC mod but some kind of new road through the old game which you either decide to follow for curiosity or dismiss as *too demanding*.
    This looks amazing :D
    Is there any chance you may include a couple of screenshots about your current game? I'm very curious about it!
    I try one of my current party -

1) Female PC -- swashbuckler
    2) Sandrah (using her alternative portrait) -- fighter/cleric
    3) Jen'lig (githyanki female NPC also from the Sandrah mod) -- thief (due to her race abilities she is also a pretty good fighter even she only uses her silver sword)
    4) Ajantis -- paladin (I took him as only chance for a romance, but I will kick him out next chance. I was hoping for him and Sandrah to clash but found that all crossmod contents for the two NPCs has been removed for EET)
    5) Imoen -- mage (there was an option in her Candlekeep dialogue to make that choice and I opted for it as it provides me with a very interesting big quest from the Sandrah mod)
    6) Viconia -- cleric (just picked her up an hour ago as it seems there is something going on between her and Sandrah).

Same party in the Waterdeep temple district, one of the new areas added by the mod. The wolf is Haiass, my tame companion and the black panther is Pelligram who follows Sandrah simce I visited her home in Waterdeep with her. Both creatures can be controlled in combat but also have some own content in the game.
    Post edited by PaulaMigrate on
    StummvonBordwehrbrunardoFiastraIcewind_Bear
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Thanks @PaulaMigrate as tried to download the mod during my EET/BWS set up but there was some conflict so skipped and kind of regret doing it so will save it for my next run...for quest/interactions which npc's are best to take with sandra in your party for BG/BG2?
    edited June 2017
    brunardo said:

Thanks @PaulaMigrate as tried to download the mod during my EET/BWS set up but there was some conflict so skipped and kind of regret doing it so will save it for my next run...for quest/interactions which npc's are best to take with sandra in your party for BG/BG2?

I can't really answer this yet. I'm still in BG1 part and she had some interactions with everyone I had in my party. I do some rotation in this run. My PC is female swashbuckler.

Here is what I found:
    Imoen for sure, for the really good extra plot that adds.
    Ajantis was a mistake, like I said somewhere already. Their crossmod contents has been deleted it says in the readme. There is a hint that they knew each other in the past because they both hail from Waterdeep but it is never explained further and they don't banter with each other any further.
    I have Jen'lig from the Sandrah mod, I took her because I made Imoen mage and I need a thief early in the game and she is new - but she is hard to handle because of her race paricularities. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have two NPCs from the same mod but I decided to keep her after her very special interlude with Edwin. She has very interesting things to say since she is from a completely different society and she has an own quest which I want to solve this time.
    I once played the early version of the mod in BGT with a male protagonist and Shar-Teel and Viconia alongside Sandrah and that was quite interesting (although I can imagine some people will not share my taste here, it wasn't teen). I don't know if that has changed for the EET version or not.
    On some forum I read that in BG2 part there is extra stuff for Haer'Dalis and Viconia but I'm not there yet.
    I remember Edwin and Sandrah was interesting with all the Edwin selftalk about her and her open hatred against Thay.
    Sandrah and Branwen were very good friends when I had them.
    And at one time you need to take Drizzt along for some quests but not all his friends. And that elf girl from Dark Side but you need her regardless of Sandrah or not to start DSotSC.
    Fiastrabrunardo

brunardo said:

I can't really answer this yet. I'm still in BG1 part and she had some interactions with everyone I had in my party. I do some rotation in this run. My PC is female swashbuckler.

Here is what I found:
    Imoen for sure, for the really good extra plot that adds.
    Ajantis was a mistake, like I said somewhere already. Their crossmod contents has been deleted it says in the readme. There is a hint that they knew each other in the past because they both hail from Waterdeep but it is never explained further and they don't banter with each other any further.
    I have Jen'lig from the Sandrah mod, I took her because I made Imoen mage and I need a thief early in the game and she is new - but she is hard to handle because of her race paricularities. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have two NPCs from the same mod but I decided to keep her after her very special interlude with Edwin. She has very interesting things to say since she is from a completely different society and she has an own quest which I want to solve this time.
    I once played the early version of the mod in BGT with a male protagonist and Shar-Teel and Viconia alongside Sandrah and that was quite interesting (although I can imagine some people will not share my taste here, it wasn't teen). I don't know if that has changed for the EET version or not.
    On some forum I read that in BG2 part there is extra stuff for Haer'Dalis and Viconia but I'm not there yet.
    I remember Edwin and Sandrah was interesting with all the Edwin selftalk about her and her open hatred against Thay.
    Sandrah and Branwen were very good friends when I had them.
    And at one time you need to take Drizzt along for some quests but not all his friends. And that elf girl from Dark Side but you need her regardless of Sandrah or not to start DSotSC.
    Forgot this episode - I took Garrick after the Silke plot and he started flirting with Sandrah and after we did the bard quests from BG1NPCs for him, they had a dance in one of the inns. I was expecting more but Garrick left for some engagement at the Elfsong and I had not yet reached the town to get him back.
    Fiastra
    Thank you @PaulaMigrate, i really appreciate your feedback about Sandrah Saga. Can't wait to see more :)
    Thanks @PaulaMigrate as I want to go through this mod but didnt download right and will for my next BWS EET run, wasnt planning on Imoen & edwin for that run and wanted ajantis but now will take her after reading above...playing now with shar & edwin - I'm already on ch.4 and wondering if I could download it now but would probably screw up so will save it for my next run...
    brunardo said:

Thanks @PaulaMigrate as I want to go through this mod but didnt download right and will for my next BWS EET run, wasnt planning on Imoen & edwin for that run and wanted ajantis but now will take her after reading above...playing now with shar & edwin - I'm already on ch.4 and wondering if I could download it now but would probably screw up so will save it for my next run...

You should ask such questions maybe directly at the support page of the mod. My impression is that you probably cannot add her later on, at least the readme says you need to start a new game to get her.
    She joined me right after Imoen at Gorion's grave and already had loads of action and quests until chapter 4.
    thanks @PaulaMigrate I'll finish up my modded run and then try downloading the mod and starting a new game....good thing is I dont have to play long to see if she joins.
    Fiastra
    edited June 2017
    brunardo said:

thanks @PaulaMigrate I'll finish up my modded run and then try downloading the mod and starting a new game....good thing is I dont have to play long to see if she joins.

I would appreciate you doing a "Sandrah Saga Let's play" if you want. I'm very curious about this mod.
    brunardo
    edited June 2017
    Fiastra said:

brunardo said:

I would appreciate you doing a "Sandrah Saga Let's play" if you want. I'm very curious about this mod.
    I made a poll a while back for a playthrough EET, including Sandrah and some other EET special mods. Interest in this forum about EET is thin, looks like this is more the place for the vanilla game.
    I considered an EET walkthrough which would have included Sandrah but I think the right place for it may rather be Gibberlings3 or Spellhold. Since I have no access to any of those forums, the project is DOA.
    Furthermore, I guess I have just seen less than a third of that giant mod at all.
    brunardo
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591

Interest in this forum about EET is thin, looks like this is more the place for the vanilla game.

I am rather surprised by this tbh. Since I've swithched from BGT to EEs, I don't think I've ever played EE/SoD/EE2 as "standalone" games. EET just makes everything better, more simple and straightforward to use - from kit/spell/item tweaks to general gameplay. REgardless of it's "beta" status I found it perfectly playable, and a huge leap forward from standalone games.
    edited June 2017
    Aasim said:

Interest in this forum about EET is thin, looks like this is more the place for the vanilla game.

I am rather surprised by this tbh. Since I've swithched from BGT to EEs, I don't think I've ever played EE/SoD/EE2 as "standalone" games. EET just makes everything better, more simple and straightforward to use - from kit/spell/item tweaks to general gameplay. REgardless of it's "beta" status I found it perfectly playable, and a huge leap forward from standalone games.
    I feel exactly the same. EET is everything BGT could not be at its time and it was THE way to play the game for me ever since it was released. As is EET for me now. What I meant is that this forum here is more focussed on the commercial product than on this modded extension. I see a lot of discussion of what people want from the *product* and little attention to what is already out there for free. For a *player of mods* like me, this is disappointing.
    This is why I said that there is more information and interest about EET in the *old game* forums like SHS or G3. I did not expect this, I thought this here would be the *EET* community.
    Cahircbarker15
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm not sure how it *isn't* the EE community. There are a bunch of discussions in the modding section, as well as many new mods being made. For what it's worth, I used BGT back in the day and didn't know there was a version for the EEs until recently.
    edited June 2017
    ThacoBell said:

I'm not sure how it *isn't* the EET community. There are a bunch of discussions in the modding section, as well as many new mods being made. For what it's worth, I used BGT back in the day and didn't know there was a version for the EEs until recently.

This is up for about two years now with many subtopics on the issue
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=195
    edited June 2017
    Aasim said:

It is the perfect way to play the game and especially for those who come from the *old game* (BGT was sensational for its time but had its technical flaws > EET is how we always had wished it to be).

What made me make my disappointed statement is that it gets very little recognition here.
    The official mod lists
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50340/bg-ee-2-0-and-siege-of-dragonspear-compatible-mods/p1
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34882/list-of-bg2ee-compatible-mods/p1
    mention it as an *Installer*, but do not even list any EET mods at all nor tell you what it installs. None of the mods discussed in this thread here is even mentioned.
    This may be understandable, EET is not a beamdog product and probably it's my mistake to look for it in this forum.
    @PaulaMigrate Having mods be EET only is a pretty significant flaw. As robust as the modding community is, I would be surprised if even two players use the exact same mod setup. No matter how big a mod is, that single mod is probably only represented by a comparatively small portion of the fanbase.

As a more positive note, have you considered starting a thread for specifically EET compatible mods? The two you linked above are specifically for mods compatible with the base game, EET is a whole other beast.
    ThacoBell said:

@PaulaMigrate
    have you considered starting a thread for specifically EET compatible mods? The two you linked above are specifically for mods compatible with the base game, EET is a whole other beast.

I have considered it, but since it already exists at G3 there is no need. I apologize for having hijacked this thread - I was just baffled that the major new achievement for the game (to really play it as one game for the first time) is subject to one of the *old* forums and has no love where EE's are at home.

ThacoBell said:

@PaulaMigrate
    have you considered starting a thread for specifically EET compatible mods? The two you linked above are specifically for mods compatible with the base game, EET is a whole other beast.

I have considered it, but since it already exists at G3 there is no need. I apologize for having hijacked this thread - I was just baffled that the major new achievement for the game (to really play it as one game for the first time) is subject to one of the *old* forums and has no love where EE's are at home.
    Starting a thread here may increase awareness among this community.
    ThacoBell said:

@PaulaMigrate Having mods be EET only is a pretty significant flaw.

EET adds significant new functionality to the game, e.g.
    - a unique worldmap with all areas accessible that you have explored in all of the game
    - a continuous chapter and journal system
    - continuous NPCs (how you developped them in BG1 is how they appear in BG2 or ToB, unless they have died)
    - A single GUI for all game
    - etc

Mods making use of these features can't work on games that don't provide such features (have flaws?).

Aasim
    Setting up and modding EET is too complicated to be worth the effort for those small cosmetic benefits and I would personally count two of those as a flaw anyway. But that's the beauty of mods, you can customize the game to be perfect for you.
    Mirandelmegamike15
    edited June 2017
    A small episode worth mentioning from my EET playthrough
    I have finally gathered the necessary money in BG2 to pay the price for Spellhold. Several parties approach me and invite me to side with them (the original ones and the *Alternatives*.) One side gives me a little appetizer, a souldagger. In the quest that follows, I am able to clear my murder accusation from the city of Baldur's Gate. In addition I am able again to travel there without being arrested and killed.
    Whichever mod does it, this is not available in BG2EE standalone, it cannot be as BG city is not part of that game.
    AasimArctodusArdul
    For all those interested in the mod, there is a lot of activity/discussion in this thread
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59011-sandrah-saga-for-eet-bug-and-support-forum/
    This also includes the mod author, she's not active around here as far as I can tell (I also found her in a lot of EET and BWS discussions on G3 Forum).