Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

I have a minor suggestion for the next update. The acolyte of Ilmater has protection as his focus, yet Ilmater being the god of Endurance and Suffering would make more sense with Vigor imo. Something to consider.

That does make sense...
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    This may already have been reported, there seems to be no way to search this topic for it.
    So disregard if it is repetitive.

I have Tenya NPC in my party.
    1. She has am ability *Select a Deity* when I use it, it triggers B_D_Hum.dlg which gives me some choices based on her alignment. I can make choices or revise a made choice etc. but there seems to be no way out of the dialogue without accepting anything, no *Thanks, I stay what I am* (priestess of Umberlee).
    2. She is cleric level 6, her level 1 spellbook has seven slots I could fill with spells, but she has only one selectable spell (heal light wounds) and when I assign this two times that's all I get, similar for all other pages of her spellbooks, lots of open slots, one or two spells at all for selection but they don't work.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I use the Tenya mod as well. Would be nice if Priest of Umberlee were available.

@PaulaMigrate , there are pre-selected spells for Tenya (and most clerics) that F&P is aware of but doesn't show you. The spells slots open up after a time to fill them (can't remember if it is a save and reload or what). If you know what the pre-defined spells she has are you can use EEKeeper to add the spells to her book and decrease memorized to 0 then remove the spell from the known list and save.

I end up selecting Priest of Talos, which is wierd given the fishermen that killed her mother worship Talos, but he was as close to the water goddess that I see in the list.
    PaulaMigrate
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited June 2017
    Generic cleric.

She does have some special spells, but no kit.
    edited June 2017

Generic cleric.

Then she needs to adopt a kit, which means the deity choice dialogue is necessary and appropriate.

Unfortunately I guess it also means we need to add a kit for Umberlee, stat!
    It would help if that dialogue would have some *escape* option, to leave her as it is. I just used a save from before I used it and now stay away from the button to leave her as she is.

And thanks for the fast responses, @Necromanx2 and @subtledoctor .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Generic cleric.

Then she needs to adopt a kit, which means the deity choice dialogue is necessary and appropriate.

I like Umberlee, and I've been meaning to add her. I'll see if i can get something for this Saturday ( life just got a bit crazy, but i can make a kit)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Grammarsalad
    Just a short deviation: I have a similar feature (ability instead of deity) on my thief, it does nothing. Could you tell me which mod may have added it (asking because it looks like the same *handwriting*)?
    PaulaMigrate

Just a short deviation: I have a similar feature (ability instead of deity) on my thief, it does nothing. Could you tell me which mod may have added it (asking because it looks like the same *handwriting*)?

Either NPC_EE (if it's a kit-choice dialogue... the ability icon should be a human body over a dark background) or Might & Guile (the feat-choice dialogue... the ability icon looks like a blue "+" over a white background.
    Thanks, it's M+G then.
    @Grammarsalad , if the abilities on the Elementalist could be addressed I would appreciate it. I like the elementalist, but neither special ability works at this time.

I know you are busy. Thanks for all your and subledoctors work!
    Grammarsalad
    edited June 2017

Might I suggest, to do an add-on mini mod with just the one kit? And use my package for making kits compatible with FnP. It should be no more complicated, and it would be a good proof-of-concept for making separate add-on kits. And that way @PaulaMigrate and @Necromanx2 could install it on top of their game, load a save where Tenya still has the dialogue ability, and hey-presto she can take the Umberlee kit without needing to reinstall anything or mess up savegames.

Then we can fold the kit into FnP proper for the next major release.

Great idea. Will do.

@Grammarsalad , if the abilities on the Elementalist could be addressed I would appreciate it. I like the elementalist, but neither special ability works at this time.

That sounds like a reasonable request. Here's what I'll do: I'll create a mini-mod that adds the extra kit and fixes as many bugs as I can, including the elementalist. . Actually, I'm going do something better. I'll add the kit and a spell as an example of how do that in a way that is compatible with fnp (and post it on the op). In addition, I'll create a separate 'hotfix' mod to fix some existing issues

One door has closed--work has become a bit hectic--but another door has opened. When I mod at home, I have to do so while listening to blaring Spanish television, but my wife has graciously cleared a space in our room--my desk was a repository for her clothes, shoes, hair products, more clothes...--where I can mod in relative quiet. Of course, you haven't lived until you try reading the critique of pure reason with Spanish A-team booming in the background. Even in my quiet moments, I have the a-team theme song repeating over and over in my head as I try to navigate the Analytic.

In any case, this is my first pass at an Umberlee kit:

WAVESERVANT OF UMBERLEE: Umberlee is a fickle goddess who claims the sea as her sole domain. Like many evil gods, she is more often feared than revered, though there are notable exceptions.

Advantages:
    - Mistress of the Waves: Unlike most clerics, waveservants have focus access in the elemental water sphere.
    - Can cast Smashing Wave as the cleric spell as a special ability once per day. The Waveservant can use this ability an additional time per day at levels 4, 8, 12, 16 and 20.
    Disadvantages:
    - The Waveservant cannot turn undead.
    Restrictions:
    - Alignment: any evil or chaotic neutral
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
    Aasim
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for all you efforts!

For Umberlee kit -
    Should smashing wave ability start at lvl 1 or should it be higher level?

Maybe add a summon lesser water elemental as well (Tenya gets a bowl that does this)?

Thanks again and best of luck with work/life/wife!
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    Question:
    For the Death sphere, has Create Undead and Summon Death Knight been implemented?
    My comment for the lesser elemental summons was for the kit, not Tenya. Tenya simply brought the kit of Umberlee to the fore. I was thinking of PC priests of Umberlee who don't have the bowl.

I do agree that given the water elemental is now 5th instead of 6th level with the focus that you are correct that a lesser summons does not make much sense.
    @subtledoctor , do you have a link to the latest spell revisions? I don't have it installed, but will happily add it. Do I install it before FnP?
  • LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183

Generic cleric.

I like Umberlee, and I've been meaning to add her. I'll see if i can get something for this Saturday ( life just got a bit crazy, but i can make a kit)
    An acolyte of Talona would be most welcome as well, perhaps with poison weapon abilities similar to an Assassin or more moderately a Blackguard as well as something like a disease touch?
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited June 2017

Might I suggest, to do an add-on mini mod with just the one kit? And use my package for making kits compatible with FnP. It should be no more complicated, and it would be a good proof-of-concept for making separate add-on kits. And that way @PaulaMigrate and @Necromanx2 could install it on top of their game, load a save where Tenya still has the dialogue ability, and hey-presto she can take the Umberlee kit without needing to reinstall anything or mess up savegames.

Then we can fold the kit into FnP proper for the next major release.

Great idea. Will do.

That sounds like a reasonable request. Here's what I'll do: I'll create a mini-mod that adds the extra kit and fixes as many bugs as I can, including the elementalist. . Actually, I'm going do something better. I'll add the kit and a spell as an example of how do that in a way that is compatible with fnp (and post it on the op). In addition, I'll create a separate 'hotfix' mod to fix some existing issues

One door has closed--work has become a bit hectic--but another door has opened. When I mod at home, I have to do so while listening to blaring Spanish television, but my wife has graciously cleared a space in our room--my desk was a repository for her clothes, shoes, hair products, more clothes...--where I can mod in relative quiet. Of course, you haven't lived until you try reading the critique of pure reason with Spanish A-team booming in the background. Even in my quiet moments, I have the a-team theme song repeating over and over in my head as I try to navigate the Analytic.

This phenomenon, working while distracted, is known as the Prelude to Parenthood in G Minor. Get used to it. It'll get worse once the main act opens. I know every word and song from Frozen, Dora the Explorer, Peppa Pigga (etc ad infinitum) by heart by now.
    Grammarsalad[Deleted User]
    edited June 2017
    Congratulations! Been through that twice a long time ago. Assuming the baby sleeps through the night well for you, you get 6 months of easy going and 20+ years of never ending stress (with allot of fun in there as well).

Not only did I know all the Disney songs, I was big into Bugs Bunny and Pinky and the Brain and watch with the kids all the time
    Grammarsalad
    edited June 2017

For Umberlee kit -

Maybe add a summon lesser water elemental as well (Tenya gets a bowl that does this)?

My thinking is that it's good, but they don't really get anything else. Also, they lose control undead, which can be pretty cool for evil clerics. But it is really good...and they do get water focus...

Question:
    For the Death sphere, has Create Undead and Summon Death Knight been implemented?

...I think so? That's spell revisions, right? We aim to ensue full compatibility with sr. Will check.

@subtledoctor , do you have a link to the latest spell revisions? I don't have it installed, but will happily add it. Do I install it before FnP?

Okay, subtle responded. Yes. Definitely install sr first. I think this is the latest version:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28817&page=1

Generic cleric.

An acolyte of Talona would be most welcome as well, perhaps with poison weapon abilities similar to an Assassin or more moderately a Blackguard as well as something like a disease touch?
    Yes, that does sound cool. Talona has been on my radar for a while. She Will get some love...ew!...you know what I mean! But, my focus for this weekend is the sample kit and spell as well as bugs. But, we'll see. Btw, I'm open to kit design submissions.

Heh, my 'child' is a sweet, but stubborn mother-in-law. She doesn't seem to care that the guy dubbing B.A. Baracus doesn't seem authentic. Personally, I don't believe that he Truly pities the fool
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on

For Umberlee kit -

My thinking is that it's good, but they don't really get anything else. Also, they lose control undead, which can be pretty cool for evil clerics. But it is really good...and they do get water focus...

Question:

...I think so? That's spell revisions, right? We aim to ensue full compatibility with sr. Will check.

Okay, subtle responded. Yes. Definitely install sr first. I think this is the latest version:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28817&page=1

Generic cleric.

Yes, that does sound cool. Talona has been on my radar for a while. She Will get some love...ew!...you know what I mean! But, my focus for this weekend is the sample kit and spell as well as bugs. But, we'll see. Btw, I'm open to kit design submissions.

Heh, my 'child' is a sweet, but stubborn mother-in-law. She doesn't seem to care that the guy dubbing B.A. Baracus doesn't seem authentic. Personally, I don't believe that he Truly pities the fool
    Wait, there is a newer version coming out this weekend?
    This is my Acolyte of Talona submission. As I am not a modder I have no clue how one would implement this but I think it would be doable:

Talona, Lady of Poison

Plagueborn of Talona (Acolyte of Talona)

Plagueborn are devotees of Talona, Mistress of all Plagues and Lady of Poison and as such seek to
    spread disease to the population and poison their hapless victims in the name of their goddess. They
    are incredibly durable and have learnt to apply poison to their weapons to do their unholy work.

Abilities:

+5 save against paralyzation, poison and death

Poison Weapon; gains one use at level 1, one use at level 5, and an additional use every 5 levels thereafter. Each successful hit within the next 5 rounds will inject poison into the target. Each target can only be affected once per round. The amount of poison damage depends on the character's level (normal Blackguard progression up to level 13 in terms of saves)

Plague Smite; at level 10 and every 5 levels thereafter the Plagueborn can magically imbue his weapon with the ability to inflict a terrible affliction on his opponents. Enemies struck must save vs. death at -4 or lose 2 points of Strength, Dexterity and Constitution per hit. Enemies that lose all of their Strength, Dexterity and Constitution become paralysed (no save) and are unable to move. This ability last for one round per level of the Plagueborn.

Restrictions:
    - Alignment: Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil
    - Multiclass: Cleric/Thieves can be Plagueborn

Sphere Access:
    Focus: Affliction
    Major: Death, Destruction, Knowledge, Dread, Vigor
    Minor: Deception, Thought, Plant, Water, Shadow, Magic

Bit sloppy but there it is. I do not think it is OP or underpowered and would fit with Talon's mandate portfolio.
    Grammarsalad
    BTW. I plan on making submissions for acolytes for each of the heads of the deminhuman pantheons and then maybe for some intermediate deities. Who knows? Maybe one will be made?
    Grammarsalad
    Shouldn't Talona have poison immunity? I thought I read this in one addition (might have been 3.5) where the poison can have visual affects (lower charisma) but has no other affects on Blight Lords?
    Grammarsalad

Shouldn't Talona have poison immunity? I thought I read this in one addition (might have been 3.5) where the poison can have visual affects (lower charisma) but has no other affects on Blight Lords?

I thought of that too but poison immunity as a practical effect does not occur very often in BG2 so I thought being tougher such as having bonuses to saves against poison and death would be more useful.