Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    I'll test it first with BG2EE next week.
    (New version numbers for different versions help to avoid possible confusion.)
    Troodon80
    Faster than I thought, but bad:

Trying to change the quantity of item in an quick item slot killed EE Keeper.
    Troodon80
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited June 2017
    @egbert

Cheers. I think I've gotten all those ironed out now. See attachment. I've tested what I could think of and it seems fine. If you want to give it a go again, that would be appreciated. :-)

And I've added a couple things along the way, mostly minor; e.g. you'll notice a new checkbox on the Item Browser, Assign Full Stacks (stacks, not charges). This assigns the maximum for an item -- this was standard before, but now you can assign singles if the item to assign is the same as the one selected.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    JuliusBorisov
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Thank you @Troodon80 I'll have a look at the new texts to translate.
    Troodon80
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited June 2017
    @Troodon80 - Can you make a build with the .ini file in the config directory the macOS Wineskin?

Thanks.
    Troodon80
    @AstroBryGuy sent you a PM.

In addition to the update to Keeper, I'll also leave a link here again in case anyone feels like helping out with translations. Isaya deals with French, so that's not strictly necessary.
    AstroBryGuy
  • DemiwolfDemiwolf Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2017
    Hey there, both me and my mom seem to have a problem with EE Keeper. We load it up, then enter our game directory and save directory and etc, making the profile-thing, selecting our language. We really don't know what's wrong. But whenever any of us tries to load a saved game in BGEE, the thing straight up crashes. This issue doesn't seem to be there in BG2EE, as we can edit our saves just fine in that game. I don't know if EE Keeper keep crash logs somewhere, that I could send in and you could figure out what made it crash, there's a lot about this that I don't know, and I'd really like assistance. But, I'm thinking, maybe it's because we're using an older version of BGEE. We don't like how the game changed in the latest patches that came with SoD, so we never updated to those patches, and never installed SoD. This may be the issue as it's the only thing I can think of that might explain our problem. Could you help us out? :smile:
    Post edited by Demiwolf on
    @Demiwolf, quick question: you say you didn't update? Does that mean your game version is still on 1.3?
    edited June 2017
    I am not sure what update I am on, is there a way that I can check?

EDIT: Nvm, I found it. My game version appears to be 1.0.2014. :smile:
    @Demiwolf, I pulled an old backup of 1.0.2014. There's no issue on my end.

From here, I'd suggest zipping up a save game so I can see it. As well as that, you can enable logging in the eekeeper.ini settings file. If you installed Keeper using the Inno installer executable, then the INI file will probably be in %APPDATA%\EE Keeper\. If you just downloaded the ZIP archive then the INI file will be in the same folder as the EE Keeper executable. Note: do not use Notepad, use Wordpad (available on any Windows system), Notepad++, or Atom, or similar text editor which can detect either line feed or carriage return and line feed.

Under [Settings], add:
    Logging = true

Then attempt to open a save game. When it crashes, there should be some output to eekeeper.log (in the same folder as the executable). You can either ZIP that and attach here or as a private message.
    @Troodon80 I did as you said with the ini file(using Notepad++) and then went on to open my save and get the crash report. As I opened the save though, it did not crash. I do not know why it stopped crashing, but I am quite joyful that it did. My best guess would be that EE Keeper was confused about my game version, and then had even more confusion from another source, causing it to crash. That other source of confusion could be anything though, it could be that the "Logging = true" line had been previously missing, or maybe the extra confusion stopped because I finally entered Chapter 4. No matter what fixed it, both me, and my mother, thank you for your help. Have a great day, and once again thank you for all of your help. :smile:
    Troodon80Aerakar
    That is downright weird.

But I won't complain. If you encounter any other issues, don't hesitate to post. :-)
    AerakarDemiwolfJuliusBorisov
  • SontaranSontaran Member Posts: 1
    It's a very minor issue, but if I click on the 'updates' option under Help (useful to check if any have been released), it reports that it's unable to connect to SourceForge - any idea? Like I say though - minor.
    ThacoBellTroodon80
  • akkaakkaakkaakka Member Posts: 1
    I'm getting a crash with 1.0.4.0 and the GOG version when I try and open a save game file. It's for Baldur's Gate 1, but with BGT so I'm supplying the BG2 installation details.

A workaround for me is adding 'Logging = true' in the [Settings] section of the ini, this for whatever reason prevents the crash and allows editing the save file (but makes it a tad harder to diagnose the problem :)
    Troodon80
    "EE Keeper" is for EE versions...
    For BGT (BG2) you should use "Shadowkeeper".
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    I thought EEKeeper was now backwards compatible?
  • UltackUltack Member Posts: 3
    I just acquired Icewind Dale EE on Steam, I played the original years ago, and I also installed your Editor.
    I got 2 problems so far.

First is it wont keep the settings, which work fine when freshly done, it find the game and the save game. But each time I restart the editor, I need to go into Settings and just click Apply to re-apply the settings that are already in the fields. It's just weird and annoying.

Second one is more problematic. I load a savegame and see 1 character appear within the editor and cannot access any other characters in my group of 6.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Troodon80
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    Sjerrie said:

It is but you must configure it differently. And you will have problems reading ANSI encoding.
    Sjerrie
    edited July 2017
    Sjerrie said:

It is—or should be. I went as far as I could to ensure it can still be used with BG2 and the engine (and file structures) it used (not BG1, though). If there's an issue there, I'll take it as a bug.
    Ultack said:

I just acquired Icewind Dale EE on Steam, I played the original years ago, and I also installed your Editor.
    I got 2 problems so far.

First is it wont keep the settings, which work fine when freshly done, it find the game and the save game. But each time I restart the editor, I need to go into Settings and just click Apply to re-apply the settings that are already in the fields. It's just weird and annoying.

Second one is more problematic. I load a savegame and see 1 character appear within the editor and cannot access any other characters in my group of 6.

Am I doing something wrong?

For the first issue, what did you download:- the zip file or the installer? If it was the installer, where did you install it and did you check the option so that it saves the configuration file to the AppData folder?

For the second issue, did you see the slider bar below the portrait?

@Ultack

It is but you must configure it differently. And you will have problems reading ANSI encoding.

That shouldn't apply to English, though. Last I checked, it only matters in the case of non-English languages. I'm still looking into it.
    Sjerrie
    @Troodon80 I d/l the zip file but I fixed that issue. I noobishly "added" a blank profile before adding a good one and it was loading that blank one, so after deleting that blank, it started shooting loaded list of saved games :)

As for the second issue, you would believe I was born yesterday. I assumed it was to change the portrait of the loaded char. I am certain I had my coffee before tackling the editor. So in the end all is good.

Thank you so very much for such a prompt response.
    Troodon80
    @Troodon80 I d/l the zip file but I fixed that issue. I noobishly "added" a blank profile before adding a good one and it was loading that blank one, so after deleting that blank, it started shooting loaded list of saved games :)

As for the second issue, you would believe I was born yesterday. I assumed it was to change the portrait of the loaded char. I am certain I had my coffee before tackling the editor. So in the end all is good.

Thank you so very much for such a prompt response.
    No problem at all, @Ultack. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :-)
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited July 2017
    hey having trouble with the new version! it crashs evertime i try to edit Out of Party NPC

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: EEKeeper.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.4.0
    Application Timestamp: 59384148
    Fault Module Name: EEKeeper.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.4.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 59384148
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00042d96
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Not sure if this helps track down the problem
    @Vasculio, which game?
    edited July 2017
    @Troodon80 Baldurs Gate 2 EE desktop pc
    Post edited by Vasculio on
  • PortanasPortanas Member Posts: 1
    I am struggling to get it to work with the GOG Galaxy version of BGII. I have the same crashing issues I have read about through this forum. I can see the saved game. I can click on it. When I try to load any of the saved games, the program crashes. I am running windows 10. I have made sure to install the latest version of ee keeper. I can tell I am not the only person with this issue. I have not found the resolution. BTW @Troondon80, your dedication to this software is beyond admirable. YOU ROCK!
    @Vasculio,

I think I've narrowed it down and will try to fix shortly. :-)

@Portanas,

I've looked at BG2 from GOG Galaxy, and can load save games. So we'll start with the obvious question and go from there: any mods (and which mods, if any)?
    edited July 2017
    Troodon80 said:

@Vasculio,

I think I've narrowed it down and will try to fix shortly. :-)

@Portanas,

I've looked at BG2 from GOG Galaxy, and can load save games. So we'll start with the obvious question and go from there: any mods (and which mods, if any)?

@Troodon80 its memory issue. i tried unpacking it again and loading the out of party and it crashed again saying out of memory
    Post edited by Vasculio on
    @Vasculio,

As I said, for the issue you pointed out, I have a fix for it. I'll upload an update over the weekend (tomorrow, probably).