Skip to content

[MOD] -Scales of Balance- a post-hac tweak mod

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Thank you!
    edited July 2017
    Rangers (and Magehunters) can't select Shieldfighting. If this is intentional (I hope not), at least the class description should reflect this.
    (Also got M&G installed, obviously.)
    Just a bump. Is it intentional that Rangers can't use shieldfighting?
    edited July 2017

GawainBS said:

Just a bump. Is it intentional that Rangers can't use shieldfighting?

Don't remember. Might be though. Rough idea being, paladins + clerics = turtling/tanking, while ranger + thieves = dodging/damage-dealing.

I mean when's the last time you saw a hunter lugging a shield through the forest?
    Actually, shields were used in boarhunting. ;) But fair enough, I'll rethink my party.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

I mean when's the last time you saw a hunter lugging a shield through the forest?

Last year I had to lug my friend Bob Shields through a forest after he got so drunk he fell out of his tree stand; does that count?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Are there any components to this mod that are not compatible with M&G, T&B, or F&P?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Thanks!
    I want to give a shout-out to the changes you made: it's awesome to notice how much I'm debating different fighting styles, since they all have their benefits.
    YARAS is a cool system that really works well at higher levels.
    One small remark, though: I do think that the spear (with the functional item tweak) is slightly too powerful now, compared to the halberd.
    Halberds do 1d10 damage, either piercing or slashing. Spears do 4d2 + 1 damage with your tweak AND a +1 to hit for being light weapons. (That's how it shows in the charactersheet. That's a VERY high minimum damage.)
    I don't think magical halberds are more powerful. See links below for comparison. (Granted, only for BGII+ ToB.)
    Fairly even, I'd say.

http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/weapons/spears.html

http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/weapons/halberds.html
    It's just that as it stands now, there's very little reason to wield a Halberd over a Spear.
    edited July 2017
  • kherazkheraz Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    Hello,I've installed some component ( WPO-proficiency & weapon ) but it has messed the proficiency name and description in the character record and SK.

I'm wondering if you could tell me which file it has modified so I could correct it myself ( cannot find where to correct it in Near Infinity )
  • kherazkheraz Member Posts: 2

kheraz said:

Hello,I've installed some component ( WPO-proficiency & weapon ) but it has messed the proficiency name and description in the character record and SK.

I'm wondering if you could tell me which file it has modified so I could correct it myself ( cannot find where to correct it in Near Infinity )

Did you install this in the middle of an existing game? Generally not a good idea.

Or did you perhaps install this on SoD without first installing Modmerge?

For proficiency strings you want to put the right string references into weapprof.2da... on the other hand the strings themselves might BGT have changed; use NI to check out the string references in the STRING_SET commands near the top of this page:
    https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Scales_of_Balance/blob/master/scales_of_balance/components/121_WPO_categories.tpa

...and at the top of this page:
    https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Scales_of_Balance/blob/master/scales_of_balance/components/122_WPO_proficiency.tpa
    Yup, I installed it in the middle of an existing game :-s
    But, well, I couldn't find which string was messed up, even with the references ( it reference the older proficiency name, not the new one ), so I had to restore a backup, and now it should work fine, thanks for the help anyways !
    YARAS seems to ignore/skip Platemail. No change in statistics there.
    EET? It's BGII:EE.
    Another report: Jan Janssen's armour gets considered as Studded Leather, meaning it changes his AC and lowers his DEX, which also means that he no longer meets the minimum required DEX for his gloves & goggles. Mind, I don't consider this very bothersome, but it does seem to be an unintended side-effect.
    When reaching 9th lvl, my Barbarian Ranger lost his innate resistances.
    Skalds are not able to allocate 3 stars (with WPO installed) on longswords, spears, axes or flails.
  • captainkeelcaptainkeel Member Posts: 6
    I have an Elf Fighter/Mage with 17 strength. I just got the Hands of Takkok in the Low Lantern. They do not change my strength to 18/00. Is that to do with this mod?
  • captainkeelcaptainkeel Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2017
    Upon further experimentation, it seems like my F/M having any melee weapon equipped leads to a -1 strength penalty. Taking it off, I have 18 str. Taking it off and wearing hands of Takkok, I have 18/00. This also applies to Yeslick, any melee weapon gives him -1 str. This does not appear to apply to Ajantis, who has full strength when wielding a weapon, and gets the 18/00 correctly from the gauntlets. A bow does not apply a -1 str.

I also noticed that heavy armors have a Dexterity penalty but I remember that being part of the mod.
    edited August 2017