Skip to content

[v1.9] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG2:EE

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Fixing an oversight across all my NPC mods: my .cre files were not flagged to ignore LoB mode, meaning they will all gain the level and hit point boosts and become insanely overpowered as a result. I've released updates to fix this issue, so my NPCs are now usable in LoB.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    This looks like an interesting NPC!
    One quick question:
    I noticed that the BG1/SoD version of this mod allows Sirene to be a cleric/fighter or a different paladin kit. Is this option not available for the BG2 version?
    (If it's not, I'll keep her as a Martyr in BG1/SoD for the sake of continuity...)
    Thanks!
    @Thrasmymachus

I tried to make an optional F/C component. It ended up being extremely buggy due to a certain event which affects her class. It might have worked with different paladin kits but absolutely not a separate class, not without changing some of the script. It can be done, but it's not an option at the moment. I'd say keep her as a paladin if you want consistency.
    Thrasymachus
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Hello, @Artemius_I, I have 2 questions about Sirene.
    1) does she have any crossmod interactions with Isra? I'm curious have they would react to each other, given how similar yet different they are. :)
    2) is she romanceable by neutral CHARNAME?
    @Artona

No and yes.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Thankee.
  • hakinarohakinaro Member Posts: 8
    hello i seem to be having a dialogue problem where after i have had the first talk wich lets you say you missed her and/or kissed at dragons keep it keeps saying im in dialogue mode and cant save and she doesnt talk to me again
    @hakinaro

I have never encountered such an issue, but I may have missed some combinations of scripts that results in that happening. Could you perhaps auto-save by doing an area transition then posting a screenshot of her global variables in EEKeeper? Prefix is "C0".
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @hakinaro I just noticed that your attempts to post here were blocked by our spam filter. Sorry about that! I made it so that this should not be a problem again. Try posting your reply again and it should work this time.
    thanks for that lol was wondering what happened
    @hakimaro

I've tested the variables and haven't run into any issues with her dialogs. However I've noticed that you seem to have allowed your reputation to drop low enough that she's supposed to give a warning. She's supposed to cease all talks if your reputation is lower than 9. But the variable for the low reputation talk is 1 and not 2, which means she hasn't given her warning yet. What is your party's reputation currently?
    well it went to 9 because of viconia so i had bumped it to 12 w/ eekeeper
    @hakinaro

Does she say anything about your reputation if you force-talk her?
    yup she warned me
    @hakinaro

I cannot reproduce the issue. The best suggestion I can make is to reset to a point before she started her first talk and see if it happens again. Alternatively, mess with the variable numbers individually and see if changing any of them stops the behavior. You could also test if kicking her out, killing her and resurrecting her, or reloading solves it.
    i went back to before i got her didnt get viconioa thid time so my rep didn't drop seems smooth now dont know if it was the dip from -2 rep with her or what thanks for the help :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Just discovered this mod. Looking forward to trying it in my next BG2 run.
    edited July 2017
    Gah, I both love and hate this mod now. SIrene has cemented herself as a permanent party member now for all my future runs, but that means I have to kick someone else off. I already spend hours trying to pre plan my parties as it is. Sigh, Mazzy or Sarevok...?
    @ThacoBell :) Thanks and I hope you truly enjoyed the writing. Out of curiosity, what path did you take during your run? Friendship/romance and her alignment?
    I'm taking the romance path, and haven't reached her alignment crisis yet. I'm not shooting for a specific result and just RPing it. We'll see what happens.
    @Artemius_I Random question. Does Sirene have an "ambush" encounters in Athkatla? This is my first BG2 run with her and I'm hitting a bug I've never encountered before. Neera's bridge ambush crashes the game, and based on help I've gotten in the Troubleshooting forum, it seems like there is an encounter conflict.
    @ThacoBell

There is an encounter. But it only comes up if you're leaving Athkatla itself - travelling between districts won't cause it. If you're getting crashes without leaving the city then I don't think it's likely this mod that's causing it.

That said it's still an issue I'll need to take care of in the next update since leaving the city will probably cause the crash. Thanks for bringing it up.
    ThacoBell
    edited July 2017
    Wrong thread, ignore post
    edited July 2017
    Okay, I am rapidly nearing the end of SoA. Had Sirene's family reunion, and she stayed a Paladin. The encounter was challenging enough for endgame, without being frustrating. Though oddly, after the encounter, her class name changed to "Invalid: 190884". Really enjoyed most of her content.

Though one of her talks about her past I feel was a little too blatantly rapey to fit well tonewise with the rest of the game. It read more like a Dragon Age backstory than a BG one.

*EDIT* Oh, and was it intended to not have Bohdi ambush her when entering the Graveyard? Or was this another in what has turned into my most bug ridden run ever?
    edited July 2017
    @ThacoBell

I may have... forgotten to remove a broken spell effect somewhere in the course of that. Originally her title was supposed to change to 'Holy Martyr' to represent her restored faith but I removed it because it was meaningless. I must've forgotten to remove the spell attached to it as well.

As for the spoilered content... it's interesting that you think that. Do you think the content itself is too much for BG standards or is it just written far to blatantly? Should I have made it more ambiguous a la Viconia? I mean, at this point I'm not sure I'll ever get around to rewriting it but it'd be helpful for whatever I write in the future.

No Bodhi scene is... really weird. As long as the romance variable is 2 then it should go off. The only reason it wouldn't is if some other romance is taking the spot instead. You aren't running multiple romances are you? Or maybe check the variable to make sure it is set to 2.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot. You can probably remove the invalid string if you use EEKeeper and remove the Text: Change Title [290] opcode from her Effects tab. I'll make a permanent fix for this.
    ThacoBell
    edited July 2017
    @Artemius_I Personally, I think its just a little too blatant for BG standards, a bit more ambiguity would make it feel more in line with the rest of the game.

As for the romance thing, no I'm not running multiple romances. Could you enlighten me as to the command to check the variable? I'm not very proficient with the console.
    *EDIT* Is this the correct variable? C0SIRENEROMANCEACTIVE 2
    @ThacoBell

If you have EEKeeper you can just check the global variables tab for 'C0SireneRomanceActive'. It should be set to 2 if you're in a committed romance. If it's at 1 or 3 then you won't get the abduction scene.
    ThacoBell

@ThacoBell

If you have EEKeeper you can just check the global variables tab for 'C0SireneRomanceActive'. It should be set to 2 if you're in a committed romance. If it's at 1 or 3 then you won't get the abduction scene.

Okay, yeah. It is at 2. Weird.
    @Artemius_I I have a small bug in SIrene's ToB content. When you arrive at the north forest, Sirene approaches you to ask about visiting a temple and to talk to her to travel. All works fine so far, you travel to the new area and do your stuff there. The problem comes when trying to leave. I had not visited the forest of mir yet, so it was still greyed out. When I tried to return to the north forest, it dumped me back at the shrine area. Its not game breaking, as I can just return to the pocket plane and select "take me outside Saradush" again and it returns me to the proper map.
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    Is Sirene compatible with FNP?