Skip to content

[MOD] Portraits Portraits Everywhere (for BG1EE, SOD, BG2EE, IWDEE, EET)

Comments

• RATT78RATT78 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    This mod is just what im looking for, thanks!!!!
    Amazing work!!!
    Post edited by RATT78 on
    smeagolheartlolien
  • ThasarthirThasarthir Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2017
    @smeagolheart

Hi, firstly your mod is awesome.
    But, sadly, I can't manage to install Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET) with PPE and BG1 NPC Project - I'm using Big World Setup (BWS) for the installation. When I choose both mods, it reverses the aditional portraits from your mod. For example, the noble couple in Candlekeep's Inn won't show any portraits. It just works if I install PPE without NPC Project on.
    There's any bypass on that?
    Thanks!
    Post edited by Thasarthir on
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    PentiumD said:

credit goes to those who drew them

As Buttercheese linked to those other topics, it's good forum etiquette to source images when uploading them as portraits. In some cases, even getting permission from the original author if you're making edits.

I've sourced all the images I could on the previous page (with the exception of one). In future, please try to source the images yourself and not just say "credit to whoever made them." :-)
    loliensmeagolheartButtercheeseJuliusBorisov
  • zonteckzonteck Member Posts: 2
    Could you use the release system github provides instead of linking to the master?

ps, only because currently BWS is set to download master .zip's every time at the moment, and this mod is quite large (and github isn't all that fast).
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    zonteck said:

Could you use the release system github provides instead of linking to the master?

ps, only because currently BWS is set to download master .zip's every time at the moment, and this mod is quite large (and github isn't all that fast).

I'm not all that familiar with github. Would the release system give a different url each time you build a new version wouldn't it? It is faster than just linking to the master which contains the same files?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    The suffix of the latest release is always "/releases/latest".

For example:

https://github.com/Gibberlings3/BG1NPC/releases/latest
    And there's a speed difference between that and master?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Not that I'm aware of.

But it sounds like @zonteck is saying that using releases would make it possible for BWS to know if it needs to re-download the mod (tbh, I'm not sure - I'm on OS X, so I don't use BWS for downloading mods). I guess it just defaults to always re-downloading if it is just pointing at master.
  • zonteckzonteck Member Posts: 2
    Yeah was just thinking it would solve the BWS issue if releases were used and as PPE isn't been updated that often anymore there wouldn't be that many releases. They're used for (more complex) projects to distribute the exact version of files you want distributed.

I guess it just defaults to always re-downloading if it is just pointing at master.

Pretty close, BWS checks the filesize of the file from the server against what it expects, and downloads when there is a mismatch. Often there is for a variety of reasons.

I wouldn't have even bought this up if github was fast, but downloading 330 MB from github can be a pain... sometimes it'll choke 10+ times in a row (despite having a fast connection).
    lolien
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lolienTroodon80
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    chimaera said:

It's by Anthony Guebels (original found in his gallery: https://www.artstation.com/artist/deadeyesquirrel ).
    Btw, this page you've linked to looks quite dubious, as some of the images have copyright signs of other companies on them.

I've updated the link. This is why proper sourcing is a must. It means you can always find the original author rather than a potential art thief. As it turns out, Mists of Kel Doran simply had a Pinterest gallery embedded on the site (technically not theft, but still credited incorrectly as a result, which would mean future iterations of the work reposted to other sites could be miscredited). Most of the work is not his.
    lolien
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    chimaera said:

PentiumD said:

Best source I can find for this is Mists of Keldoran.

It's by Anthony Guebels (original found in his gallery: https://www.artstation.com/artist/deadeyesquirrel ).
    Btw, this page you've linked to looks quite dubious, as some of the images have copyright signs of other companies on them.

Wow that would make an amazing imoen character pic
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello. This mod is pure awesome, I want to try it in non-ee bgt. I have all the portaits converted to 38x60 format to be used by the old bg2 engine. However, I need to edit the setup.tp2 file to allow installation on regular bg2-bgt. Anybody can offer some help, I fear the code is a bit complex and I couldn't get it work no matter what line I delete/edit.
    Hey post your code of what you are doing and we can take a look
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I have the portraits converted allready with a program, I just need to edit the tp2 setup file. I tried deleting all codes that say bg2:ee or ee, but, I know zilch about coding so I can't get this to work on basic bgt.

When I click on the exe file it goes like this:

Obviously I have no idea what I am doing.

Here is the modified set up file, if one can fix it to work for regular (non-ee) bgt I would be grateful.

• AbathornAbathorn Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2017
    Hello, I've found a bug with the Ust Natha drow portraits component.

When you return to speak with Adalon after transforming back to your normal avatars the game is blocked.

I've try removing the component with the mod installer and then the game works normally but my characters have a "anonymus generic portrait" instead.

Did anyone else have this problem?

Anyway to restore the original portraits for your companions?

EDIT: I've tried also not returning the eggs to Avadon and the works fine. So I guess the bug is related with the script speaking with the silver dragon.
    Post edited by Abathorn on
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    I reported the same problem sometime ago in this thread. No solution so far.
  • jpluta26jpluta26 Member Posts: 8
    Same problem: custom PC/NPC portraits, got to Adalon. Upon transforming back, the game gets stuck. I uninstalled PPE and was able to get through Adalon to the surface, but now NPC portraits are missing (PC is still ok). Reinstalled the mod once I got past Adalon, but it does not repair the issue.

The custom portraits folder is still intact, so the mod must be looking for the images somewhere else. I poked around in the mod files but couldn't really find anything. My guess is that the mod overwrites the path to the portraits with something custom to the mod, but I cant figure out where.\

btw, custom portraits for NPCs who were not in my party for the drow transformation are fine. any help is appreciated.
    jpluta26 said:

Same problem: custom PC/NPC portraits, got to Adalon. Upon transforming back, the game gets stuck. I uninstalled PPE and was able to get through Adalon to the surface, but now NPC portraits are missing (PC is still ok). Reinstalled the mod once I got past Adalon, but it does not repair the issue.

The custom portraits folder is still intact, so the mod must be looking for the images somewhere else. I poked around in the mod files but couldn't really find anything. My guess is that the mod overwrites the path to the portraits with something custom to the mod, but I cant figure out where.\

btw, custom portraits for NPCs who were not in my party for the drow transformation are fine. any help is appreciated.

@swit any ideas?
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited August 2017
    please send me a save file right before this issue happens so I can fix it without spending hours trying to reproduce the problem. This should be easy to fix.

btw. I don't get it why this is not a common approach for reporting bugs. In 90% cases save file is more useful then weidu.log.
    i loaded a save where i was still in drow form, before the transformation. interestingly, the portraits are broken in this save as well. i can probably doctor that save to get to the point right before the transformation, if necessary. i've made some progress since then so i might just press on. i included my most recent save, if thats helpful. let me know.

thanks for the prompt reply. great mod too.
    edited August 2017
    @jpluta26, this save has been made after transformation took place. It can't be used to reproduce the issue (even wose it's made in area added by some mod, so I can't even load it in vanilla game). Please upload save right before Adalon transforms you buck (before the dialogue that triggers it happens).

Here is a save that should have this problem fixed, but this is just a local solution for you, useless for everyone else: https://www.sendspace.com/file/j9kspv

Let's deal with it for everyone who plays with this mod. In order to do so proper save that can be used to easily reproduce the issue is needed, so please, don't disappear just because it no longer affects you.
    here is the save. its the closest i had to that time point, but i had to console the eggs in, so other variables might be a little different. unfortunately i cant reproduce the crash in this save- i think because after i uninstalled/reinstalled the mod, the portraits were already broken. sorry, this is the best i have.

i tested the save file you gave me. it fixes the portraits, although it seems to be referencing the small portrait instead of the medium one in the main HUD. profile portrait and dialogue portrait are fixed. im curious how you fixed this? is it a matter of changing a variable path, or the location of some portraits?
    I also attached my latest save- if youre going to fix the portraits again anyway, you can use this one- although it has a BG2EE NPC so i dont know if that works. I spent some time digging through all the different scripts and code in the install directories, I'm pretty curious as to how you fixed this from a programming perspective. thanks!
    edited August 2017
    just assign correct portrait via Record Screen -> Customiaze -> Portrait. Drow portraits will no longer be forced on you since CRE in your save no longer have spell effects that assigns them. Saves can be edited with Near Infinity like any other file in game, but it's no longer needed to do so for your save.
    jpluta26 said:

here is the save. its the closest i had to that time point, but i had to console the eggs in, so other variables might be a little different. unfortunately i cant reproduce the crash in this save- i think because after i uninstalled/reinstalled the mod, the portraits were already broken. sorry, this is the best i have.

Ok, thanks. Variables indeed seems to be messed up since with this save I can't finish the Adalon cutscene with or without the mod installed, so simple clua usage to spawn eggs at the beginning of underdark questline is not enough. I'm not going to analyse custscenes to see what variable is missing (no time for that, got tons of projects to work on), so proper solution will wait for someone to prepare repo steps with save file.
    Post edited by swit on
    but you cant assign portraits for NPCs? how would i disable that spell effect in other saves?
    I see that customizing NPC portraits is actually not possible in EE games. Here is save in this case: https://www.sendspace.com/file/x08gfz
    that save worked perfectly, thank you so much for your help and patience. let me know if i can give you any more test data.
    edited August 2017
    jpluta26 said:

how would i disable that spell effect in other saves?

open save in Near Infinity, find CRE file that has Drow portrait assigned (your party is listed in upper right corner), open CRE file -> edit -> CRE resource -> View/Edit -> delete 2 spell effects from somewhere at the end of list that are marked as "Change Portrait". And in the end change current portraits assigned to "Small Portrait" and "Medium Portrait" (same list, 21th and 22th row).