Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Hey!

About half way through SOD now and a had few more small bugs with Drake:

- Talks 2 and 6 use the globals C0Drake instead of C02Drake
    - Corwin Banter 1 has “c02drake” at the end of a line of dialogue
    - Khalid Banter 1 repeats - it has 'MYAREA' instead of 'GLOBAL' I think
    - Sir Elrik refers to you as 'Charname' in one line of dialogue

Also, been trying to get the romantic talks to start but may not be far enough into the game - I just completed (I think) his quest and nothing yet. How far along do I need to be?

Fixed the above bugs reported by @randomencounter via PM. Romantic talks were broken and never started, but should work now.
    megas_archon
    My apologies! The front page was not linked to the latest version like it was supposed to. Follow the current link to access the correct version of the mod.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    I'm probably using the version that didn't update, but I haven't seen it metioned yet that Drake spawns in 2 locations of Baldur's Gate in SoD. At the bar, and in the Iron Throne. (He overlapped Sirene, so I'm assuming there was some copy pasting done there from your previous mod.)

Also, there are a couple locations in Baldur's gate where Drake stutters to a stop. The second floor of Sorcerer Sundries, and I believe the ground floor of the Elfsong Tavern. I don't know if he's trying to say something or what, but he completely looses his ... marbles.
    @rashkae

I am aware of the first issue and fixed it. The second one I'm unable to reproduce, if there's a problem there it's not caused by the areas you mentioned. Regardless, I've updated again with a few script fixes for other issues.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    I think I found a typo:

to the question "do you do all that on purpose to annoy your superiors? Drake answers: Well, no. I mean, I do find it amusing to rile up the old tin-heads now and again, but that's now why I do it.

I suspect you meant "that's not why I do it"
    tbone1Wise_Grimwald
    @Mirandel

It is indeed a typo and I will fix it. Thank you.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited October 2017
    I installed the beta version modified in July/August 2017 and have a dialogue loop with the PC which was so bad that I had to eject him. one werewolf island at the time. I sent him to the FAI and I let him rejoin just in case that might solve the problem. It doesn't. :'(

1) Is there a way of stopping the loop?
    2) Do you know whether this is already sorted in your most recent version?

PS I am sad that this has happened as I have really been enjoying the mod.
    I've just thought, would answer 5 solve the problem?
    @Wise_Grimwald

Strange... I’m almost certain I fixed that, but maybe I be derping. Will have to check again.
    edited October 2017
    Artemius_I said:@Wise_Grimwald

Strange... I’m almost certain I fixed that, but maybe I be derping. Will have to check again.

It is possible that I might not have the most up to date version. I did it via BWS and they don't always use the best version available.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Artemius_I @Wise_Grimwald This time, it might be the case of the wrong link but I've fixed it few days ago.
    Wise_Grimwald
    ALIEN said:

@Artemius_I @Wise_Grimwald This time, it might be the case of the wrong link but I've fixed it few days ago.

Glad to hear it. Do you know if the problem would persist into SoD as I don't really want to do a fresh install unless other problems surface?

I relaced Drake with Gavin for the rest of my run. He made an adequate replacement.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Wise_Grimwald No idea.
    edited October 2017
    ALIEN said:
    It didn't matter anyway. My character died and my next character is a Fighter/Cleric himself so probably won't use Drake this time. Thanks for the answer though.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @Artemius_I Thanks for the extra involvement with the thieves. It was nice to have them fleshed out a little more in BG. A much welcomed encounter that I enjoyed. :)
    Wise_Grimwald
  • cndrowcndrow Member Posts: 8
    Working on making a clean install for all my BG games, then cannot wait to try Drake!

Thank you for your hard work on modding and sharing with the community!
    Wise_Grimwald
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    In c0drake.d (state j0.10), Drake referrs to the High Priest (Dawnmaster Kelddath Ormlyr) as "mayor of this town" - which is Berrun Ghastkill. Maybe change it to "High Priest" instead (or something like that)?
    @jastey

Eh?

I need to check what the context of the dialog is, but as I recall Kelddath Ormlyr is the mayor of Beregost. Berrun Ghastkill is the mayor of Nashkel.
    OMG I am sorry. I mixed up the towns... Apologies! (Maybe I should take a break after modding for 5 hours in one go.)

On a different note: If Drake joined the group, Gavin will not receive a messenger about Bassilus from Keddath in next Gavin version. Yay to compatibility!
    @jastey

Noted. I’ve never ran the two in the same party due to redundancy so I wasn’t aware of this. Shouldn’t be hard to fix though.
    Wise_Grimwald
    For Gavin, it's that he will get a messenger stating to come to the Morning Lord Temple some days after joining the group. Kelddath then tells about Bassilus and asks Gavin & group to take care of it. This messenger will not appear if Kelddath already told the PC about it.
    Principally the messenger for Gavin could appear for Drake in the party nontheless, since Drake is a priest of Tyr and not Lathander, but there were hickups with this messenger anyway, so I think it fits nicely if he doesn't come if the PC already agreed to take on Bassilus. Maybe Kelddath heard from somewhere or whatever. ;)
    (And, of course you are right, probably not many will take both priests into the same party.)
    Wise_Grimwald
    There are some players who will play and all cleric party, Grond0 being one, but players like him are probably in a minority of one. :) He's unique.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited December 2017
    I played through the Beregost Bassilius quest sequence just a few days ago with first having Drake who was with me when I met Bassilius and later let Gavin join as well. From the flow and feel of their involvement with the temple and with Bassilius it felt right for me, immersion-wise. The mad Cyric priest IS the event in the region apart from the Iron Crisis at this point in the game, so it just appears allright. It's rare that one player has both of them AND the quest but even in that case, there's nothing wrong. i wouldn't see a need to change and maybe break something here.
    Just my player's view on it.
    Bleriot
    After thinking about it, I think I will change Gavin's quest flow back the way that the messenger still appears, since Drake is not a cleric of Lathander and might not feel as obliged to the Beregost temple (not as Gavin does).
    @Artemius_I, how much interaction you imagine Drake to have had with the temple? He obviously heard about the Bassilus problem the way Kelddath also tells the PC about it. Does Drake have connections to the temple as a cleric like Gavin does? Or would Drake's connections to the temple be not as personal as Gavin's so it makes sense that Kelddath calls for Gavin after hearing he is travelling with a group of adventurers even though Drake has a strong interest in taking on Bassilus?
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    jastey said:

After thinking about it, I think I will change Gavin's quest flow back the way that the messenger still appears, since Drake is not a cleric of Lathander and might not feel as obliged to the Beregost temple (not as Gavin does).
    @Artemius_I, how much interaction you imagine Drake to have had with the temple? He obviously heard about the Bassilus problem the way Kelddath also tells the PC about it. Does Drake have connections to the temple as a cleric like Gavin does? Or would Drake's connections to the temple be not as personal as Gavin's so it makes sense that Kelddath calls for Gavin after hearing he is travelling with a group of adventurers even though Drake has a strong interest in taking on Bassilus?

Drake isn't related to the Beregost temple at all. He comes from Athkatla's temple and received his mission there. The two operations are not co-ordinated. Drake makes a single remark to Kelddath when you claim the reward for Bassilius symbol at the temple:
    ~A rather generous reward for bringing down a drooling madman, but I suppose one can't complain. Don't say I never meant right by you, .~
    It's obvious that he's not involved with the Morning Lord.
    Wise_GrimwaldKuselBleriot
    @jastey

Drake is not strongly affiliated with the church of Lathander. He doesn’t explain in detail, but the way I see it is that he travelled north, paid respects to the temple, inquired about local troubles (hoping to find information on the iron crisis) and was told of mad Bassilus and his deeds. He’s essentially as involved as a bounty hunter would be.

I think it would make more sense for the messenger to come regardless as Drake’s not exactly giving regular updates to the temple regarding his whereabouts so there’s no reason to even assume Drake and Gavin would be travelling together.
    Wise_Grimwald
    Thank you! I will leave Gavin's messenger it as it is.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    Busy downloading him now. Will do a new playthrough and see how it goes.
  • randomencounterrandomencounter Member Posts: 10
    Finally got time to come back to my playthrough with Drake and have come across a few minor bugs:

BG1
    - The Delainy/Durlyle talk in TOSC causes his dialogue to repeat afterwards. Adding in a global increment at the end of the dialogue for "C0DrakeWolfFlirt" fixes it.

SOD
    - During the quest to steal wine from the Ducal cellars - after his interjection - he completely disappears. Work around for now is to not take him down to the cellar.
    - Having trouble getting the second banter (camp cooking) to fire - strangely when I moved the scripts for talk 2 & 6 into the main file c02drake.baf it works. Not sure why. Either way, the remaining talks appear to be working fine so far.

Also a minor suggestion, I found the second romantic talk fired a bit earlier than it reads like it should for me. May be worth moving it a bit later on if possible? Not a big deal either way though.

All in all, I think at this point he's earned a permanent spot in my party :smile:
    Wise_Grimwald
    Ugh! I didn’t fix the werewolf thing after all... damn. My apologies.

As for the other bugs, those are easy to sort out. Thanks.
    Wise_Grimwald
    Updated to v0.5:
    • Fixed dialogue loop after talking to Delainy/Durlyle
    • Fixed SoD dialogue bugs
    v0.5.1
    • SoD - Fixed bug that causes Drake to disappear during ruby wine quest.
    MirandelThacoBell