Skip to content

Pillars of Eternity MEGATHREAD (caution: SPOILERS)

167891012»

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited October 2015
    @meagloth , in answer to your question in the no-spoilers thread, yes. I tried to defend it manually, and there were four xaurips (no problem) and four *wyverns* (huge problem) in the main hall. My party is level four. The wyverns could one-shot kill everybody in the party.

So, I reloaded and used automatic resolve. It came back with a message saying that my main hall and my western rampart that I had just built over the past six game days at a cost of over 2,000 copper had been destroyed, but at least my party was away from the area and alive.
    Post edited by BelgarathMTH on
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

@meagloth , in answer to your question in the no-spoilers thread, yes. I tried to defend it manually, and there were four xaurips (no problem) and four *wyverns* (huge problem) in the main hall. My party is level four. The wyverns could one-shot kill everybody in the party.

So, I reloaded and used automatic resolve. It came back with a message saying that my main hall and my western rampart that I had just built over the past six game days at a cost of over 2,000 copper had been destroyed, but at least my party was away from the area and alive.

Huh. I never had that happen to me. It just said "taxes collected. Xxx lost to bandints."
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited October 2015
    @BelgarathMTH Wyverns? No. BUT I have had trolls and Ogres attack, as well as a company of Leaden Key soldiers.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    I believe some of monster based attacks that happen to your keep are directly tied to how far into the path endless you are. So if you finish lvl2 xaurips won't attack you. I have been attacked by, xaurips, trolls and swamp things, a bunch of drakes with more xaurips, ogres and all manner of random bandits.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Sorry, "wyverns" is what I was calling the "drakes", since I couldn't remember what the game actually calls them. It was the drakes with xaurips. I had that "event" happen after I built the main keep, an inn, and the western rampart thing (I forget what they called it exactly - western something.) The main keep and the western rampart were destroyed.

I hadn't done any of the endless paths, so maybe that was the problem, but I maybe should have also built the barracks right after the main keep. If the monster attacks are coming up out of the endless paths, then maybe I should prioritize clearing those before I invest in the keep. Thanks for the tip.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Technically, PoE drakes are a stage in the life cycle of true dragons. That makes them different to wyverns, which are a seperate but related species.
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    If you see a sleeping Orlan monk up in Craigholdt,let him sleep,he trashed my lv 8 party like a champion.
    Between you and me,i don't think he was toxicated at all:P
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

If you see a sleeping Orlan monk up in Craigholdt,let him sleep,he trashed my lv 8 party like a champion.
    Between you and me,i don't think he was toxicated at all:P

Sounds like a master of the drunken fist.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Devs posted some WIP art for upcoming White March part 2. When I saw new "fish" monsters with bubbles over the head, I wonder if this expansion will take place underwater?
    http://media.obsidian.net/eternity/media/updates/0102/px2-vithrack.jpg
    Underwater kingdoms and cities could be potentially fresh content for D&D game. I remember in BG2 there are sea creatures after the Underdark. To play the game in underwater ruins, temples, caves, cities and discover fantasy cultures would be breathtaking (pun intended).
    Main character, if human, could breath underwater with special bubble spell. Other undersea races won't have this problem.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @brus Obviously PoE isn't D&D though ;) Also, I believe the Sahuagin city is optional content before Underdale. But yeah, nice find! Interesting theory, however I might note there are two models of each with the vanilla not having bubbles while the possessed one does. Maybe they aren't bubbles at all.

@brus Obviously PoE isn't D&D though ;) Also, I believe the Sahuagin city is optional content before Underdale. But yeah, nice find! Interesting theory, however I might note there are two models of each with the vanilla not having bubbles while the possessed one does. Maybe they aren't bubbles at all.

Well, it's "D&D-ish".
    Stand corrected, Sahuagin city is before Underdark, not after. :blush:
    To me theese creature on image look like they are floating in the water, so I just speculated. Does the last creature similar to fish, appear in original game ?
    Nevertheless, exploring underwater areas would be cool.
    edited October 2015
    brus said:

Devs posted some WIP art for upcoming White March part 2. When I saw new "fish" monsters with bubbles over the head, I wonder if this expansion will take place underwater?
    http://media.obsidian.net/eternity/media/updates/0102/px2-vithrack.jpg
    Underwater kingdoms and cities could be potentially fresh content for D&D game. I remember in BG2 there are sea creatures after the Underdark. To play the game in underwater ruins, temples, caves, cities and discover fantasy cultures would be breathtaking (pun intended).
    Main character, if human, could breath underwater with special bubble spell. Other undersea races won't have this problem.

Dude those are Vithrack, they are in PoE proper. They are basically PoE's Illithids and not fish people at all, but rather spider people. I believe the bubbles are actually some sort of ectoplasm, as those 2 are called possessed Vithrack. It does look like 2 new types of Vithrack are being added, as we had neither the Vithrack brutes nor the Vithrack luminary before. PoE does have fish people they were added in the White March part 1, I can't remember their name, but they were basically Sahuagin with four arms.

I really like the idea of the Vithrack brute, just because in PoE a muscle wizard is one of the best classes you can create, I wonder if this is a silly way of poking fun at themselves?
    Post edited by SmilingSword on
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Just a friendly FYI, Steam is having a Halloween sale. Lots of games on discount prices, including the mammoth role-playing hit, Pillars of Eternity!

Dude those are Vithrack, they are in PoE proper. They are basically PoE's Illithids and not fish people at all, but rather spider people. I believe the bubbles are actually some sort of ectoplasm, as those 2 are called possessed Vithrack. It does look like 2 new types of Vithrack are being added, as we had neither the Vithrack brutes nor the Vithrack luminary before. PoE does have fish people they were added in the White March part 1, I can't remember their name, but they were basically Sahuagin with four arms.

I thought theese possessed with "bubbles" would be underwater creatures.

brus said:

I thought theese possessed with "bubbles" would be underwater creatures.

Hey dude could be, you never know. There are aquatic spiders :smile:
    imageimage
    Finally finishing off my playthrough I started when White March part1 came out. All I've got left is the final battle and I think once I'm done with that, I'm gonna start up a new playthrough :smiley:

The game has changed a lot, now scripts seem to be working properly but more importantly all the skills have been buffed. So things like survival and athletics do stuff now. Mechanics and Lore are still king though.

The new NPC has a pretty ok quest but I find her to be extremely annoying. She makes for decent tank or damage dealer and barbarian is a amazing class, the 13 in INT is her main disadvantage as a barb.

The new main quest is great, just all around interesting and fun. The side quest with the spider illithids is a bit silly and seemed kinda of rushed.

Path of the damned has been pretty damn fun for the most part. Really struggled with the Alpine dragon and had to even resort to using the super over powered paralysis scrolls for the bog dragon.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Whew...FINALLY finished PoE this evening! I think I clocked in at about 150 hours (spread over about 7 months...stopped to play through the entirety of Divinity: Original Sin after finishing the first half of the White March. I hadn't intended to do that, but I got sucked into D:OS and couldn't stop playing it for about 3 months), completing pretty much everything in the game except Siege of Cragholdt (just never got around to it). I made the choice to not activate the high level content when asked, so as to not make the game take me another 50 hours or more. As a result I was basically playing story mode (on the normal difficulty setting) from Act III on. I stuck with a core party of Porridge, my PC Rogue (rogues are ridiculously powerful in this game!), Eder, Aloth, and Durance. I rotated out the 4th and 5th spots with the other NPC's, but outside of White March stuck mostly with Pallegina and Sagani. I must have messed up somewhere and was never able to complete Durance's quest. Probably not a biggie, as the other NPC quests didn't really have a lot of pay-off.
    I LOVED this game. Yeah, it gets a bit slow in parts, but the story, characters, art, music, everything is top-notch. Can't wait to see what Obsidian delivers with PoE 2. Now I'm off to roll up some freak to play through D:OS2 with (I had to force myself to stay focused on finishing up PoE before starting, or I would have NEVER finished...D:OS2, judging by what I played of the early access version, is going to be a new obsession. Even in it's raw, unfinished state it is fantastic).