Skip to content

SHSforums and Giberling3 down

fairly new to the moding BG. excitied to try it out. but seems Giberling3 and Shsforums where many of the mods are located are currently down. Anyone know their status?

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    See https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66213/g3-and-shs-down#latest

Recovery of those sites takes a bit of time. It happened before but they come back. Don't panic.
    JuliusBorisovKurona
  • ThrawnThrawn Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2017
    thank you, when searching for information all I could find was old from past times they went down, just thought I'd ask. was mostly funny because I had moded BG 1 (didn't realize how to set up EET at the time) so reinstalled and planned to mod and eet together went to start BWS and suddenly it couldn't get a good portion of the mods. :( just terrible timing :pensive:
    Wise_Grimwald
    Thrawn said:

just terrible timing

Yes, bad luck.
    BWS has often advised modders to host their mods on e.g. github and many do it already but many crucial mods are still directly on those servers, despite their sad maintenance status.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    SHS and G3 seem to ALWAYS be going down. Always keep a backup of your mods just in case.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • ThrawnThrawn Member Posts: 8
    seems good advice, but since this is my first foray into mods I don't yet have any :-P Except the BG 1 EE mods from my first attempt before it went down.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Eeeh. Don't worry too much. You can still find certain mods over at PPG. Typically G3 and SHS tend to be down simultaneously since they are on the same server or something and can take 3-4 days to be back up.
    ThacoBell
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    While SHS is down, you may use this link to download my mods:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/56dr4q8h2q7djri/AACJfi0A2mV7hFlH3eqDLTcEa?dl=0

Thought I would leave this link here some people asked about some mirrors of my stuff :)
    Cheers!
    Sirick
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    I don't have many hopes but maybe someone has Keldorn Romance? I have just started Irenicus Dungeon but I fear that I will finish it before G3 will be back and I'll be stuck :(
    Might be worth it to tag @jastey for this, since I believe she worked on it.
  • LX1LX1 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

Does somebody have a copy of stratagem v30 please? I deleted it by mistake... G3 is down, there's nothing on GitHub... I searched for hours without result...

Thx
    edited September 2017
    Here. Temp mirror until G3 is back up.

Edit: removed link, it's up now :)
    Post edited by Kurona on
  • LX1LX1 Member Posts: 3
    @Kurona

Thanks you!
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    For the new installation that I'm planning, I could get all the mods (partly because many are hosted on github), but for Rogue Rebalancing and Swordcoast Stratagems.

From my previous installation I still got Rogue Rebalancing v4.80 and Stratagems v30

Can anyone confirm if these are the latest releases or will I be able to get newer ones by waiting for G3 and SHS to get back online?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited September 2017
    BWS lists SCS v30 and Rogue Rebalancing v4.91 as latest releases.

Raw archives of Rogue Rebalancing can be found here: Releases

You might have to add the setup executable manually though (simply use weidu.exe or another setup binary and rename it to "setup-rr.exe").

Edit: Raw archives are also available for aTweaks
    AndreaColomboWise_Grimwald
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Thanks @argent77 !

I can start building my installation now. It will be my first ever Shaman Charname and my first time ever with a Wizard Slayer in my party, namely Ishlilka the NPC. Both half-orcs.
  • So will Gibberling site ever come back up? does it often have these long periods of downtime?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • I am in awe of the work modders do and fully aware that they do it out of love for the game. Was merely asking sort of hurriedly as i just finished installing it and going for my yearly playthrough.

Thanks for the quick replies, and ill cross my fingers the site comes back up soon. :)
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
  • KaitekKaitek Member Posts: 43
    edited September 2017
    Didn't know this was the dedicated "G3/SHS down" thread, thought it would be in one of the modding sections. Anyway, I am struggling to put together an EET install with the BWS tool, I'm still missing some crucial mods but I haven't given up yet.

+BiG World Installpack
    Lucy the Wyvern
    The Minotaur and Lilacor
    Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters
    +BG1 NPC Project Music Pack
    IEP Extended Banters
    Neera Expansion for BG:EE
    Romantic Encounters
    +Sword Coast Stratagems
    +aTweaks
    klatu Tweaks and Fixes
    Wizard Slayer Rebalancing
    Worldmap

I found mirrors for a few of them (the ones with + in front of their name) but I can't find the rest, if anyone could provide a working link or two during this time of troubles that'd be great. The minor mods like Lucy and Lilarcor are not a big deal but most of them are, that's just the list that BWS gave me.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    @kaitek I uploaded a few of them for a French player who wanted to make a brand new install.
    Being a modder myself, I don't want to interfere with official releases. But the circumstances being exceptional, send me a MP and I will send you my links.
    Wise_Grimwald
    The old problem with creating mirrors for mods hosted on these sites has always been to keep them in sync with the modder's master version. There have been discussions on the event of each outage to host mod backups elsewhere (e.g. github), but it's finally up to modders themself to decide that.
    Many have done it meanwhile, so you can do modded installs even when G3/SHS down. But there are always exceptions.
    Fact stays, that modders are individuals with different tastes and chioices and not *one big happy family* or whatever.
    StummvonBordwehrtbone1Wise_Grimwald
    edited September 2017
    @Gwendolyne Thank you kindly for the offer! Sent you a PM as you requested.

In short, I'm now basically just missing a few:

Worldmap
    Romantic Encounters
    IEP Extended Banters

It's a shame that all the BWS recommended mods cannot be downloaded from one place but that sort of thing would of course be difficult to achieve because it would require permission from all the individual modders. It's also worrying that there's been multiple reports on here and on Reddit this past week about the BWS tool not working and stopping in the middle of the installation for no apparent reason, hopefully that doesn't happen to me as well.

If anybody else needs them here is a working mirror list of the mods that I've found so far, including the ones from this thread, many thanks to those who uploaded them:

Big World Installpack
    Sword Coast Stratagems
    aTweaks
    Rogue Rebalancing
    Klatu Tweaks and Fixes
    Various Gibberlings 3 mods
    LavaDelVortel mods

Post edited by Kaitek on
    Wise_Grimwald
    Kaitek said:

Worldmap
    Romantic Encounters
    IEP Extended Banters

It's a shame that all the BWS recommended mods cannot be downloaded from one place but that sort of thing would of course be difficult to achieve because it would require permission from all the individual modders. It's also worrying that there's been multiple reports on here and on Reddit this past week about the BWS tool not working and stopping in the middle of the installation for no apparent reason, hopefully that doesn't happen to me as well.

If anybody else needs them here is a working mirror list of the mods that I've found so far, including the ones from this thread, many thanks to those who uploaded them:

Big World Installpack
    Sword Coast Stratagems
    aTweaks

Rogue Rebalancing
    Klatu Tweaks and Fixes
    Various Gibberlings 3 mods
    LavaDelVortel mods

I have this one - for the others I only have older versions.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Holger1405Holger1405 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2017
    Kaitek said:

Worldmap
    Romantic Encounters
    IEP Extended Banters

@Kaitek

I can't help with "Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters" and the "worldmap" but here is the rest:

Edit: links removed, they are back. ;)

Post edited by Holger1405 on
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    bg1re v2.3:
    Wise_Grimwald
    Looks like I have everything I need, thanks everyone :)
    Wise_Grimwald
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited September 2017

Thrawn said:

just terrible timing

Yes, bad luck.
    BWS has often advised modders to host their mods on e.g. github and many do it already but many crucial mods are still directly on those servers, despite their sad maintenance status.
    BWS is potentially making the same mistake. GitHub hosted mods are mirrored/redirected through http://lynxlynx.info/ due to GitHub using AWS for hosting, which apparently BWS doesn't like. If lynxlynx.info ever goes down, BWS automated downloads could stop functioning (or require a massive re-write of the config files).

Thrawn said:

just terrible timing

Yes, bad luck.
    BWS is potentially making the same mistake. GitHub hosted mods are mirrored/redirected through http://lynxlynx.info/ due to GitHub using AWS for hosting, which apparently BWS doesn't like. If lynxlynx.info ever goes down, BWS automated downloads could stop functioning (or require a massive re-write of the config files).
    However, users would still be able to download mods from github on their own. And even be able to use BWS itself with the manually provided downloads. There would be a minor loss of functionality and comfort but not the total loss we face currently.