Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

1198199201203204357

Comments

  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 293
    @semiticgod, please do something else with your images... its too much mate

    semiticgodJuliusBorisovSerg_BlackStrider
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 2,371

    @Neverused: Frisk is still going. I only tacked on the pacifist requirement because that's how I normally play my Charnames; it wasn't the goal of this run. I'm just going to call the SoA portion "almost pacifist, except for that one dude I wasted."

    When you think about it, it's hardly a pacifist run anyway when Frisk is seducing people and ordering them to murder their enemies.

    Probably a squeamish run would be more accurate.

  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 996


    Just for you be aware in the future - Greenstone Amulet is the ToSC item (being introduced in Ulgoth's Beard store) and Item Randomiser place it -only- in ToSC areas (Durlag's Tower, Ice Island, Werewolf Isle) so there is no point to search for it in vanilla areas.

    Aww, man... I would almost have preferred to not know that. I wasn't planning to finish ToSC content, but now I don't know. Greenstone Amulet under IR is such a nice security blanket. We'll see if I go to Wolfie Island or not...

    Wise_Grimwald
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 160
    Arctodus said:


    Just for you be aware in the future - Greenstone Amulet is the ToSC item (being introduced in Ulgoth's Beard store) and Item Randomiser place it -only- in ToSC areas (Durlag's Tower, Ice Island, Werewolf Isle) so there is no point to search for it in vanilla areas.

    Aww, man... I would almost have preferred to not know that. I wasn't planning to finish ToSC content, but now I don't know. Greenstone Amulet under IR is such a nice security blanket. We'll see if I go to Wolfie Island or not...
    Sorry if my comment was out of place...
    Meanwhile, Werewolf Isle s pretty safe...
    But it should be your decision, so you'll not get on me if something will go wrong... o:)

    ArctodusGrond0Wise_Grimwald
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 179
    Oh and just not to forget - Amaruq's music choice and spiritual guides are Hexvessel ;).


    Alesia_BHWise_Grimwald
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 996
    edited September 2017
    @Serg_BlackStrider Hey, don't worry mate. Your comment was more than welcome ! It just got me thinking. You're right that Werewolf Island shoudn't pose problem, because it's just filled with melee grunts. I have no Bastard sword user, but I could buff Kivan into oblivion and let him take on Karoug. I think I'll delay the end of BG1 just a bit.

    Edit : And any mishap that would happen is obviously all on me !

    Serg_BlackStriderWise_Grimwald
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 160
    edited September 2017
    Arctodus said:

    You're right that Werewolf Island shoudn't pose problem, because it's just filled with melee grunts. I have no Bastard sword user, but I could buff Kivan into oblivion and let him take on Karoug.

    In my experience, (greater) wolfies are quite susceptible to Wand of Paralyzation and Heavens. Having Karoug disabled you could poke him with Silver Dagger even by infirm Diviner. Item Revisions changes Wands to cast spells instead but in case of Paralyzation one the effect is mostly the same.

    ArctodussemiticgodAlesia_BH
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 996
    I knew about the wands of Heavens, but not about wands of Paralyzation. Thanks ! However, from experience, even without the relevant proficiencies, a dual wielding Kivan with sword of Balduran and Werebane dagger, Haste and 25 strength from potions and SR Strength of One should also tear through him. Mendas is theoritically a bit harder, but shouldn't pose any real problem at this stage.

    I'm still unsure if I will go there or not, but I'm slightly leaning on yes for now.

    Grond0Serg_BlackStriderWise_Grimwald
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 179
    edited September 2017
    Alesia_BH said:


    I made an exception in Abigail's run, recharging the Necklace of Missiles for use in the final battle, due to concerns with invisibility from Angelo and Semaj, and it didn't feel right. That's one of the reasons I decided not to continue her game.

    Noted. I respect that.
    Alesia_BH said:


    Had Zeela and Lamalha used their 3's by the time you went Necklace of Missiles? They have 3 between them. I'd be concerned with using my aura under PoF + AoF only until I saw all 3, due to Rigid Thinking. I think it's pretty much always Unholy Blight x 2 and Animate Dead from them, but I haven't fought that battle enough under v30 to know for certain.

    A valid point and nope - they were not out of their L3's at the time. I admit I did take a calculated risk based on:

    1. my previous observations, as I've yet to see them use Rigid Thinking in v30 instead of the two spells you mentioned (note that my experience with earlier SCS versions are limited);
    2. my reluctance to use Greenstone Amulet;
    3. available worst case scenario solution: "In case of enchantment incantation despite your Free Action - screw them and run." (I understand this may not be acceptable for some players playing under stricter self-imposed rules)

    For the record: Rigid Thinking casting script it's definitely not something to be ignored, since other mid-level clerics (e.g. Mulahey) tend to use it. Zeela (charmed) only had Unholy Blight and Hold Person in her spellbook.
    Alesia_BH said:


    (I've recently been going Potion of Magic Blocking->Skiddaddle in that encounter, but Invisibility-> buff incl. Potion of Freedom->observe the 3s with a clear aura->Attack is making sense to me now. It would come down to my PoI budgeting, in all likelihood)

    Makes sense. Looking back, I realize that PoI was not worth the questionable tactical advantage in Amaruq's case. A precisely timed Potion of Freedom in the beginning would suffice. I suppose it's just that irrational urge to go invisible and feel safe in the face of a sudden ambush :p.
    Alesia_BH said:


    In any case, know that I'm enjoying the run!

    Thanks! I'm happy to hear that.

    Alesia_BHWise_Grimwald
  • Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 408
    edited September 2017
    Borco said:

    My reluctance to use Greenstone Amulet

    Yes. That's why I brought up the recharge restriction first. That's the only reason we can have this conversation. Had you been willing to recharge the amulet, surely you would have opened with it. My comments weren't unrelated :)
    Borco said:

    A valid point and nope - they were not out of their L3's at the time

    Borco said:

    For the record: Rigid Thinking casting script it's definitely not something to be ignored, since other mid-level clerics (e.g. Mulahey) tend to use it. Zeela (charmed) only had Unholy Blight and Hold Person in her spellbook.

    Yes. I have seen it from Mulahey. From them, it's typically R1: Unholy Blight x2; R2: Animate Dead. But, again, I haven't seen enough from them to know for certain, and I prefer not to look at their files.

    If they do open with the blights, then you're good the moment you hear "vita."
    Borco said:

    Makes sense. Looking back, I realize that PoI was not worth the questionable tactical advantage in Amaruq's case. A precisely timed Potion of Freedom in the beginning would suffice. I suppose it's just that irrational urge to go invisible and feel safe in the face of a sudden ambush :p.

    Assuming that Rigid Thinking isn't a possibility, yes. Otherwise, not so much. If you opened with Potion of Freedom, and they went Rigid Thinking, you'd be screwed. If you go PoI->PoF and then break with a clear aura, however, you'd be in a position to counter. There's a difference.
    Borco said:

    Thanks! I'm happy to hear that.

    :)

    Best,

    A.

    Wise_GrimwaldBorco
Sign In or Register to comment.