Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited September 2017
    Enuhal said:

It took some time, an insect plague and various dispelling arrows, but we took out Ashatiel's party - except for Ashatiel herself:

It seems like, on LoB (she didn't do this in my previous run on core rules), she hides somewhere to the north-west, forcing the player to fight their way through even more crusaders. Oh, great.

It may be somewhat hard to figure out without thoroughly inspecting the scripts, so I should probably clarify - if you refuse to duel then she goes into retreat mode and walks back behind the crusader lines. It can be interrupted when a character is under direct attack, but unless they feel endangered they'll ignore the battle around and go about their business. Difficulty doesn't affect this.
    EnuhalJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
  • Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    edited September 2017
    Yuppers. As someone who hasn't played SoD yet, and is avoiding spoilers, I haven't been reading Enuhal's posts. I have noticed out of the corner of my eye, though, that he's doing outstanding work.

Well done, Enuhal!

Best,

A.
    Post edited by Alesia_BH on
    EnuhalsemiticgoddessJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    Alesia_BH said:

Her name is Abigail. She's a cleric. She's based on an old Ascension Solo Challenge character by the same name. Her boob armor is ridiculous.

Haha, that is some serious male fantasy in play there!

JuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Borco said:

Alesia_BH said:

Her name is Abigail. She's a cleric. She's based on an old Ascension Solo Challenge character by the same name. Her boob armor is ridiculous.

The funny thing is that the portrait is from vanilla Icewind Dale, which has been praised specifically because most of its portraits were pretty modest by typical fantasy standards.
    BorcoWise_Grimwald
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325

The funny thing is that the portrait is from vanilla Icewind Dale, which has been praised specifically because most of its portraits were pretty modest by typical fantasy standards.

I'm aware of the source, although that second point somehow eludes me ...

Especially in the context of the "cold North" setting ;)

Sorry for the OT.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736

Borco said:

Alesia_BH said:

As much as I appreciate scantily clad female characters, I'd say it's merely a poor attempt at trying to combine realistic and fantasy designs, so it just hits the uncanny valley of attractiveness (for me, at least).

semiticgoddessWise_Grimwald
  • Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    Borco said:

I'm aware of the source, although that second point somehow eludes me ...

I know, right: this place must be hoppin'

ArdanisGrond0BorcoWise_Grimwald
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Neverused: Frisk is still going. I only tacked on the pacifist requirement because that's how I normally play my Charnames; it wasn't the goal of this run. I'm just going to call the SoA portion "almost pacifist, except for that one dude I wasted."

When you think about it, it's hardly a pacifist run anyway when Frisk is seducing people and ordering them to murder their enemies.