Skip to content

[MOD] Golem Construction for Spellcasters

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    argent77 said:

Aedan said:

We found this sentence:
    "Since this ability is part of the golem's nature it does not have to wait for its aura to be cleansed before using the same or another ability again".
    We do understand the meaning, but we need some help with the expression "to be cleansed". Can you please give us a synonim?

In other words, the golem may use another ability immediately afterwards without the usual delay, as if under the effect of Improved Alacrity, but only for the next ability.

(I should probably find a more easily understandable description for it.)
    better, more conventional phrasing instead of "empty aura"/"cleansed aura" would be "instantaneous use"

my suggestion:
    "Since this ability is part of the golem's nature, it's use is instantaneous"

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    "it's use is instantaneous" isn't perfect either since the ability has a nonzero casting time.

How about that one:
    "Since this ability is part of the golem's nature, it can use another ability immediately afterwards without delay."
    Flashburnbob_vengAedanRaduziel
    edited October 2017
    .., it allows for another action to be performed without delay

or
    ..., it can be used freely in a round, allowing for other actions
    argent77
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    "Since this ability is part of the golem's nature, it can use another ability immediately afterwards without delay."

I think this one is just perfect :)
    it's not perfect because "immediately afterwards" = "without delay" (pleonasm) :)
    I have already decided. :)
    bob_venglolien
    Very good ;)
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited October 2017
    And here is the French update: ;)

Puisque cette capacité fait partie intégrante de la nature du golem, ce dernier n'a pas besoin d'attendre avant d'entreprendre toute autre action.
    Thanks! Will be added.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited October 2017
    @argent77, got the clay golem book for my cleric. Although it pains me to bring this up, a cleric can make a perfect clay golem about 1million XP sooner than a mage and about 250k XP before a transmuter. Is this the way you want it?

The power gamer in me likes that a cleric has an advantage, but not sure if the 2nd edition rules indicated that the cleric is superior at clay golem building? It seems a lesser +0, regular +1, greater +2, perfect +3 level penalty would be needed to align with a mage better.
    lolien
    edited October 2017
    I'd rather not add another layer of minimum levels. The current code is already very complex. Adding an extra condition for clerics would further increase complexity. I'll check if it makes more sense to use the same conditions as for bards/thieves though.

Edit: I forgot that it only concerns Clay Golems. Maybe there is something I can do. (Bard level adjustment wouldn't really fit either.)
    bob_veng

New version: Golem Construction for Spellcasters v5.3

Changelog:
    • Adjusted cleric level requirements for building clay golems
    • Cleric Stronghold quests don't interfere with golem construction anymore
    • Made golem slow and haste more compatible with Spell Revisions
    • Improved combat scripts: enemy mages should not use Energy Blades against clay golems
    • Several textual fixes
    AedanFlashburnlolien
    edited November 2017
    @argent77
    We are getting closer - we have almost finished the Italian translation of this mod.
    Question: in which format should I save the .tra files? In ANSI or in UTF8 without BOM?
    Also, I found this typo in the items.tra file:
    hightly -> highly
    Post edited by Aedan on
    UTF-8 is preferred, since this is an EE-only mod. However, setup.tra should be in plain US-ASCII, i.e. without any accented or umlaut characters. (Btw, the desired character encoding is always specified in the first line of each tra file.)

And thanks for the spelling fix. :)
    Aedan
    @argent77
    Thanks to @rede9, we got the Italian tracks for Nym. I just need to slightly edit them. In which format should I save those files? MP3? WAV 16 bit? WAV 32 bit?
    Aedan said:

Thanks to @rede9, we got the Italian tracks for Nym. I just need to slightly edit them. In which format should I save those files? MP3? WAV 16 bit? WAV 32 bit?

Uncompressed WAV 16 bit or Ogg Vorbis are fine.
    Aedan
    Grazie ;)
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    @Aedan Are you going to make the mod multilanguages or to re-release it?
    @rede9
    The mod is available in English, German, French and Polish.
    We are translating the texts in Italian language.
    Since the mod uses Nym's audio tracks, they will be included in the mod. I just had to slightly edit them - now they are perfect. That's it.
    rede9
    @argent77 I ran into an annoyance. When you do spellhold, the golem waits at the entrance. This last run through, the golem in the room came out and almost killed my waiting golem before I could get to him. It was a very close call. Is there a way to have the golem auto rejoin instead of waiting for me to talk to him? That way I can have him defend, as he just stood there taking the beating.
    Hmm, the problem is that auto-deactivated golems are switched to GOODBUTBLUE mode (blue circle, but counts as ally). That's why enemies will detect them as potential targets. Switching them to NEUTRAL state should solve the problem. I'll fix it in the next release.
    AedanContemplative_Hamster
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93
    I want to quickly say: This is probably my personal favourite mod in a post EE world.
    Aedanargent77Flashburn
    Aedan said:

Dear @argent77,

After a very extensive and hard work, I am really glad to tell you that Italian translation of this AWESOME mod is ready!

Attached to this post:
    - The Italian translation;
    - The Italian audio tracks for Nym. Please note that we only have four tracks; a7!nym03 does not seem to exist in the Italian version of IWD2.

Credits go to:
    @Luke93 and Elia Danelli for the translation;
    @Aedan and @improbabile for the proofreading;
    @rede9 for the the Italian audio tracks for Nym.

Thank you very much! I have uploaded the translation to the devel branch of the mod.

I had to convert setup.tra to ANSI. Can you check if the installation strings are displayed correctly in the console window or tell me the correct codepage if it has to be fixed? Alternatively I could convert the file to US-ASCII (i.e. replace all accented characters).

Do you plan to translate readme and golem information files as well? (It's *a lot of* text to translate though.)
    edited December 2017
    No readme and golem information translation.
    As for the setup.tra file, attached the ANSI format. There are no special or accented characters in that file :)
    It looks great and without error in the console window.
    edited December 2017
    Thanks. It's identical to the file I converted to ANSI though. I asked since the special characters 'à', 'ù' and 'è' are displayed as 'Ó', '¨' and 'Þ' in the console of my (non-Italian) Windows system. I'll keep it if it displays fine on your side.

Edit: Didn't see your edit. I'll keep it as is.
    Yes, yes, I know that special or accented characters (such as à. è. ì, ò, ù) do not look correctly in the console, but there aren't in that file, so the convertion is perfect. They are displayed in a perfect way.

When I translated other mods, I had to use a workaround to fix that, but there is no need this time. We were lucky and none of the words in that file needed accented characters :)
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Aedan said:

No readme and golem information translation.

Maybe someday....
    @argent77, do you have an ETA to the update that addresses the Golem getting beat on in the Asylum before it rejoins the party?
    I plan to release this and other mods around the time the new game patches are released. The Spellhold fix is already included in the development branch though, so you can install and play the mod if you don't want to wait for the official release (A7-GolemConstruction-devel.zip).
    Grammarsalad