Skip to content

Pillars of Eternity 2:Deadfire announced spoilers for pillars1 ABSOLUTELY NO PILLARS 2 SPOILERS PLS

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Everytime he says "class" I giggle a little. Thanks for the continuous updates, @shandaxx.
    [Deleted User]
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I am unreasonably excited to build a chanter/ranger.
    [Deleted User]
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    ThacoBell said:

I am unreasonably excited to build a chanter/ranger.

All the summons, eh?
    ThacoBell
    @LordRumfish Actually I run damaging passives on chanter, and secondary dps/offtank as a ranger. Rangers and bards are simply my two favorite character classes in anything, and a multi means I don't have to choose.
    LordRumfishlolienSkatan
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Pillars of Eternity Deadfire Backer Beta is available tomorrow - November 15, 2017.
    bleusteel[Deleted User]ThacoBell
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited November 2017
    If anyone not part of the backer beta would like to check out character creation, and even some of the game, you can watch or click through this 8 hour Pillars of Eternity Deadfire Backer Beta Twitch Stream!

It starts right after clicking Start Game, otherwise the first 29 minutes and 29 seconds is the guy rambling.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/201324163?t=29m30s

You'll see a lot mind you, but Obsidian said in their stream yesterday that it is spoiler free from the story the location they picked, much like how it was for the Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta.

The new skill trees are especially interesting during character creation!

Sadly, like many YT Let's Plays and Twitch Plays, people for whatever reason, feel the need to put their face in a box on the screen which blocks some of the game itself. Expect it with this one too.
    Skatanmlnevese
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Skatan
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Shandaxx said:

Downloading the beta NOW!

Me too :)
    [Deleted User]
    AedanSkatan
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    So how is it you guys
    Shandaxx said:

Oh man, I really wish I had a beta key for Pillars 2 but...

I HAVE ACTUALLY THREE OF THEM MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!

*cough* so Shandaxx, ol buddy, ol pal. You probably don't need one of those keys, right? ;)

Nah, I'm kidding. Have fun with the beta.
    [Deleted User]Skatan
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Shandaxx said:

Oh man, I really wish I had a beta key for Pillars 2 but...

I HAVE ACTUALLY THREE OF THEM MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Would one have any chance to ask you to share one of them with me, in the name of equality?

(Also I have never noticed before but Australia looks kind of like a dragon)
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    SkatanJuliusBorisov
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Yes, but I don't want to pay to beta test anything myself, which was why I tried for being given a key for free.

No, I have no shame ;)
    [Deleted User]mlneveseSkatan
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    is pillars of eternity a turn based strategy rpg ?
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    It's real time with pause.
    ThacoBell
    @shandaxx, gives us a summary of what you think about the multiclassing system and different kits etc when you've tested it for a while. Would love to read your insights and experience with the beta. If you can drag yourself from the game to actually write it down, hehe ;)
    [Deleted User]
    Some news for those of us who are poor. PoE1 received a free DLC pack. Its an item pack inspired by deadfire. Lots piratey weapons and clothing.
    Mirandel[Deleted User]
    Okay, that IS concerning. Different class build opportunities and flexibility was easily in my top favorite things about PoE1.
    [Deleted User]
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
    [Deleted User]
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I do hope they will restore and expand POE talents system.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]batoor
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited November 2017

From players' responses... it sounds like they might be reducing choice to stop overpowered builds or poor builds? I liked the general perk picks.

We also don't know how much more powerful a high level single class will be versus a multi-class with the same exp.

Actually that would be a decent compromise..I just hope the subclass abilities will be worth it. Since I don't plan to multiclass anyway.

There's a bit of of an issue with PoE for me.. It's the only game where I feel forced into optimizing my characters. Something I never did in BG, NwN and so on..Sure I might abuse the mechanics a little to perfect my precious CHARNAME a little, but most of that is for fluff.

Tactical combat actually interferes with my ''immersion'' I guess.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/94357-removing-non-class-specific-talents-was-a-bad-idea/page-10#entry1953539

Sigh... Typical Gromnir? Not saying he doesn't make a point worth contemplating, but my god that style of posting is so ''lofty'' it makes me exhausted just reading it. Or maybe that's just how I react to it...and there's something wrong with me^^
    ThacoBellFardragonJuliusBorisov
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I find it interesting that Gromnir has stayed in character for like 20 years now.
    AedanFardragonThacoBell
    Thanks @shandaxx, read most of that thread and it was indeed very interresting. Haven't visited that forum before, but maybe I'll lurk around a bit there. I do prefer reading info from ppl I know more since then it's easier to know if I will agree or not. But thanks for the link and the reply.
    [Deleted User]