Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    edited December 2017
    Nah, i dont think its okay to put Su´kka in there @Arctodus as editing her equipment to get the perfect setup is NOT legit. :D

I am really curious how Sir Vanderley will deal with Amelyssan @histamiini. Maybe its far easier than expected? We will see! ;)
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,437
    edited December 2017
    Is there a way to finish the Spirit Warrior sequence in Watchers Keep with LoB? I've tried bunch of different walkthroughs but nothing works, I always get killed by the War Dog, or even before that.
    Hhmmm.... never tried it.... should check this later @histamiini. Hopefully i will get some time for Brakko this evening - still a long way to Sarevok! Whats up with your Stalker @Blackraven? ;)
    edited December 2017
    First onslaught cleared, time to activate the pools. The best tactic I can think of is to activate them invisible and immediatelly retreat to other side of the room, which lures Balors and Nabassus onto you. Which you can then slay with Ravager pretty easily. Then I noticed Cambions stealing my equipment, also slayed with Ravager. Alu-Fiends, Glabrezus and their mirror images I dealt with Carsomyr. There was also one Marilith, who I dealt with FoA as it didn't have but one PfMW, which suggests that it was a scripting error previously. Not even scripting errors can stop Sir Vanderley now. :D Got some goodies, immunity to Maze and Imprisonment, Dimension Door, Control Demon (what ever that is) and Pocket Plane was back on.

Next pool, same stuff. After slaying couple Cambions, something happened and I couldn't hit anything, at all. I looked my Thac0 and it was pretty normal, what was going on? After some time I noticed that my base Thac0 actually was 53. :o Quick rest in Pocket Plane fixed that though. Next something logged that I wasn't expecting: Balor: Keldorn dies defending Sir William: Sir Vanderley. Umm ok?

I was expecting this to be Sir Vanderley vs. Melissan, not Sir Vanderley vs. Scripting Errors. :D
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    I think Mel has a halberd - they do slashing or piercing, whichever is best against a particular opponent.
    @Grond0 NI has her with Spear?
    Now its only a matter of time before Amelyssan will fall @histamiini. ;)

Her inventory also states the weapon as "Spear" - funny! :D
    As i said earlier: Pocket Plane is OP. Keep going @histamiini! ;)

@Grond0 NI has her with Spear?

@histamiini. OK - I didn't check on that. I suppose it's possible though that her custom spear has been given the same attributes as a halberd (or perhaps it's just a bug).
    edited December 2017
    @Grond0 Yeah I think it's feature too, she does both slashing and piercing damage.

Sigh, can't see really way out from this. I can't damage Melissan fast enough, she has over 1500 hp and 75 dr meaning I have to do 6000 damage, excluding even regen. Isn't she supposed to lose some of her hp when ever ally dies? I can dimension door pretty much infinitely, but I just can't damage her fast enough. Also the BMU seems to be bad idea against her, as the animation stops making hits I think when you get growded.

Any advice on how to damage her?
    @histamiini when you're in a crowded situation you may find your icon being bumped away from your target - which can lead to an inability to actually hit it (particularly if you're using a range 1 weapon).

Have you tried Soul Reaver? If it's Mel's attacks that are the problem and not others then that will quickly force her to get a critical to hit you.
    @Grond0 I can't use it because I'm good aligned.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @histamiini Don't forget that she's not immune to stun. Her saves are massive in LoB, but if you can find a way to lower them somewhat, maybe you could stunlock her with Power Attacks.
    edited December 2017
    @Arctodus I've only one power attack and smite so I don't think that will be enough. I tried Rod Of Terror, but she's also immune to weapons +4 and below.
    edited December 2017
    Ok did some digging, she has ring called finabaz.itm which gives immunity to +3 and +4 weapons, and she should lose it when Abazigal dies. But I don't seem to hit her with Rod of Terror which is +3.

EDIT: finmel01.itm amulet gives immunity to +3 weapons, so no go RoT.
    Post edited by histamiini on