Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Aerakar said:

Does Minor Larloch's Drain kill the sword if cast by a magic-user as well (multiple times I would guess), or by thieves with UAI using scrolls?

The swords are vulnerable to any source of magic damage. You'd need quite a few Larloch's to do it, but a Magic Missile or two should do the trick pretty quick.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I did indeed know that :tongue:
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Also, and idk what all forms this cloak used to have, but the mouse form is BA AF.

What the mouse form does and what BA AF stands for?
  • dearolddavedearolddave Member Posts: 8
    @semiticgod yeah i think its mainly to be useful to thieves. at least, that;s why mine no longer needs to poly himself (Jan Jansen) or wear any girdle.

Oh my god though, how funny would it be if it hit like a truck, too? I would EE keeper it in from BG1 and be a heroic mouse that smites....

OMG I CAN MAKE MY OWN VERSION OF BOO (even though he hates rodents with tails!)
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    That reminded me for some reason of the old BG2 monk cloak that gave Minute meteors but set ALL of ones attacks per round to 5 after they disappeared.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317

As long as you don't go up to the maximum stack of 120

I thought in an unmodded game this was 80?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Zaghoul: That was one of the pre-patch glitches, I think. It was removed as of v2.3 at latest.

@elminster: It's exclusive to Spell Revisions, so it's not possible in the unmodded game. I think 120 is the default maximum for those item files, but if it's 80 in your install, I'm guessing that 80 is treated the same way; reaching the stacking limit somehow prevents the glitch from working.

Apparently the ammunition created by SR's Enchanted Weapon have their own weapon proficiencies, which is why having multiple pips in slings gives you bonuses when using the bullets. But SR's +3 arrows are coded as having the longbow proficiency, which means somebody who uses this trick but only has pips in shortbows will suffer a penalty.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Even if Mustard Jelly can shrug off most traps in this game, I still want a thief. It's way too hard to force open most locks, and I'm not wasting all my level 2 spell slots on Knock.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Wise_Grimwald:

Infinite permanent ammunition:

C:CreateItem("DVENAROW", 9000);
    C:CreateItem("DVENBULL", 9000);
    C:CreateItem("DVENBOLT", 9000);

Replicate the fake bow/crossbow/sling glitch:

C:CreateItem("BOW03");
    C:CreateItem("BOW05");
    C:CreateItem("SLNG01");
    C:CreateItem("XBOW04");

Or just work around it with Near Infinity editing. They can take away the glitches, but they can't take away Near Infinity and the console.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,866

You misspelled "maliciously". ;)

You misinterpreted what the word was supposed to be. When I pressed the r key, it didn't register. I have now corrected it.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited December 2017
    I thought of that but her shop is not mechanically a temple (its considered to be a store). So I assumed she didn't offer anything. Guess she does.
  • You misspelled "maliciously". ;)

You misinterpreted what the word was supposed to be. When I pressed the r key, it didn't register. I have now corrected it.
    Twas but a joke, and a rather good one, at that. Re-read the exchange. Surely, the powers that be will not miraculously fix the exploit. No, it will be a malicious fix, depriving players of their hard-earned exploit. ;)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,866

You misspelled "maliciously". ;)

Twas but a joke, and a rather good one, at that. Re-read the exchange. Surely, the powers that be will not miraculously fix the exploit. No, it will be a malicious fix, depriving players of their hard-earned exploit. ;)
    :D