Skip to content

What is your current quest in life ?

dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
My current quest is my avatar to appear in all "Most recent" discussions of the current page of off-topic category... it is important to have high goals... :p

Comments

• Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited December 2017
    Squire said:

My current quest is still the impossible quest of finding a girlfriend. I've been stuck on this quest for years but can't figure out how to complete it, and none of the online walkthroughs seem to work for me. :(

Most of the strategy guides seem to suggest I should have completed it by my late-twenties, and that once you're thirty five all the NPCs labelled "single girl of appropriate age" get removed from the game.

@Squire

Many of them come back to the game a bit later on, having leveled up, summoned on average 1.7 homunculi/familiars/demonkin, and found that their stronghold was indefensible or not worth defending.

EDIT: And if all else fails, Dilbert knows what to do:

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    edited December 2017
    Squire said:

Most of the strategy guides seem to suggest I should have completed it by my late-twenties, and that once you're thirty five all the NPCs labelled "single girl of appropriate age" get removed from the game.

A lot of women at that age (and men as well) are actually ending marriages and dating again. Many are significantly wiser than they were in their twenties. It's not necessarily a bad age for dating at all.
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    Squire said:

My current quest is still the impossible quest of finding a girlfriend. I've been stuck on this quest for years but can't figure out how to complete it, and none of the online walkthroughs seem to work for me. :(

@Squire heh i totaly feel you though this is a quest i have abandoned
  • @dreamtraveler @Squire @ThacoBell

Søren Kierkegaard > Quotes > Quotable Quote
    Søren Kierkegaard
    “Marry, and you will regret it; don’t marry, you will also regret it; marry or don’t marry, you will regret it either way. Laugh at the world’s foolishness, you will regret it; weep over it, you will regret that too; laugh at the world’s foolishness or weep over it, you will regret both. Believe a woman, you will regret it; believe her not, you will also regret it… Hang yourself, you will regret it; do not hang yourself, and you will regret that too; hang yourself or don’t hang yourself, you’ll regret it either way; whether you hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both. This, gentlemen, is the essence of all philosophy.”

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    I need to decide whether I want to have dwarven druid in IWD and half-elvish bard/shadowdancer/harper's agent in NWN, or skald dwarf in IWD and druid/shapeshifter in IWD.
    Choices, choices.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    To be the best man I can be.
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    @Contemplative_Hamster in that case, surely it's better to regret something you have done than something you didn't do, since you're going to regret something either way.

@Artona let fate decide... write a list of the four character concepts you're considering, label each one 1-4, then roll a D4. :D
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    edited December 2017
    MAIN STORY LINE QUEST
    - Reading and finishing Hegel's "Phenomenology of Spirit". Right now I use a reader's guide of 2500 pages.

SIDE QUEST
    - Settle my bank debts until April.
    - Watch all Beamdog-Streams on YouTube.
    Post edited by fetito666 on
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    I'll probably just keep looking for a wendersnaven.
  • BlastbackBlastback Member Posts: 54
    To get a job and move out.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Get working on (and completing) the Neverwinter issue of Wild Surge.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    To choose the race/class of my next PC for a BG playthrough.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    @sarevok57: Does working for yourself count as retiring? For me, it sounds a lot better than retiring.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    joluv said:

@sarevok57: Does working for yourself count as retiring? For me, it sounds a lot better than retiring.

only if it's something that you enjoy doing, i know people who work for themselves and they hate what they are doing

so if you work for yourself and every morning you wake up with a smile on your face because you can't wait to get going, then yeah, i would consider that retirement

i guess for me, "retiring" is getting out of the rat race and on to the fast track