Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @semiticgod
    That's the names. I recognize them when I see them, but I'm not going to bother trying to spell them so in typical fashion I will do this

*ahem* ....what he said.
    Montresor_SPProontArctoduslolien
    @Montresor_SP
    I've never actually beaten Adalon I fought her a few times and gave up, so I suppose she would be the hardest.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Top toughest dragon battles for Artona:
    1. Shadow dragon from Umar Hills
    2. Firkraag
    Woosh! GWWs happen!
    (...)
    452. Every other dragon.
    ;)
    ThacoBellProont
    @Artona

GWWs?
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    @ZaramMaldovar:
    Greater WhirlWind. :)
    semiticgoddessProont
    @Artona
    Ah ok, that makes sense.

I don't really get most of these acronyms.

Irenicus: I have an idea, let's fill my dungeon with nothing but Goblins and Dwarves, it's not like CHARNAME is going to actually escape his/her cell, so why bother putting effort into the roadblocks.
    ThacoBellProont
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2017

@Artona
    Ah ok, that makes sense.

I don't really get most of these acronyms.

Irenicus: I have an idea, let's fill my dungeon with nothing but Goblins and Dwarves, it's not like CHARNAME is going to actually escape his/her cell, so why bother putting effort into the roadblocks.

SCS uses duergar with slightly higher stats in place of all the goblins and it’s actually pretty difficult because you can only sleep once. The bigger question with the vanilla dungeon is how you can sleep through your entire lifespan and Irenicus will never return.
    semiticgoddessProontArtonaStummvonBordwehr
    edited December 2017
    @Artemius_I
    Oh I'm aware of SCS, but I don't touch that stuff with a 39 1/2 ft. pole

Also you're the 700th comment on my thread, congratulations

(Party Cannon)

Edit: Also while I think I could handle that particular increase in difficulty, I already don't like going through Irenicus's Dungeon, I wouldn't willingly subject myself to anything that would make that experience take longer.
    Post edited by ZaramMaldovar on
    ProontMontresor_SP
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

Edit: Also while I think I could handle that particular increase in difficulty, I already don't like going through Irenicus's Dungeon, I wouldn't willingly subject myself to anything that would make that experience take longer.

if you want to skip Château Irenicus, install the Dungeon-be-Gone mod.
    semiticgoddessStummvonBordwehr
    @Montresor_SP
    I already have that Mod, my good man. Been using it for three years now.
    Montresor_SPProont
    I hope everyone has a good new year. Really looking forward to the discussions we can have with this thread in 2018.
    Montresor_SP
    @sarevok57
    That is the good part, but when I play through the game over and over I develop a sort of impatience to get to the actual story, it isn't to say that the Irenicus Dungeon is terrible because it's not. It's well designed, has a creepy atmosphere and serves as an excellent catalyst to drive the story. I've just lost my ability to be interested anymore after the game so many times
    Balrog99
    Caelar Logic:
    We need CHARNAME on our side, oh I have an idea...let's poison his/her childhood friend. That oughta' do it!
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddessMontresor_SP

I think I've already posted it and it's less a flaw in the game than a moron character but this.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @ZaramMaldovar Considering that is a Banite, I seriously doubt Caelar knows about his group. There is a running theme of Zephernaan running things on the side without Caelar's knowledge.
    Raduziel
    @ThacoBell
    HEPHERnaan. But yeah, you're probably right, thanks for pointing that out
    ThacoBell
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196

I think I've already posted it and it's less a flaw in the game than a moron character but this.

and now for something completely different!!

Look at that AWESOME Icewind Dale 2 evil Bane cleric model. Remember how much more absolutely amazing models IWD2 has (Driders for example). Revel in NWN boring to nausea campaign being "enhanced" instead of IWD2 and wail like a banshee. Further - compere IWD2 awesome goblins (actually goblin tribes with hierarchy, different roles, specific combatants and fighting styles) and NWN fcking "goblins".
    Buuuhuhuhuhhhhhhhuuuu...........

/sry, couldnt help myself/
    semiticgoddessThacoBellSkatanMirandel
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @InKal IMHO, NWN is unplayable without Project Q.

@ThacoBell
    HEPHERnaan. But yeah, you're probably right, thanks for pointing that out

It was late here and I was tired, I'm surprised I didn't call him moldy breadernaan ;)
    ZaramMaldovartbone1ProontZaghoul
    Let's not start a NWN argument folks, this board is about the Baldur's Gate series.

Also @ThacoBell my post about Grimgor wasn't actually related to the previous post about Caelar, but it did get us into an interesting topic.
    ThacoBell
    Mages are able to use their intellect to rip apart the fabric of reality to do everything from cause explosions, make people murder their comrades, rip meteors from the sky to rain down upon the land and even stop time.

Peasant made their saving throw, effects negated.
    ZaramMaldovarProontsemiticgoddessMirandel
    Fully armed group of adventurers walks into Nashkel

Noober is afraid their going to *throw rocks* at him.

How about a magic missile? Or a nice stab from Rancor? You aren't worried about that?
    Montresor_SPProontMirandel
  • DragonOfShadesDragonOfShades Member Posts: 56
    Well, he's not very intelligent.
    Raduziel
  • DragonOfShadesDragonOfShades Member Posts: 56
    BG logic: staking a vampire kills them permanently. But you have to kill them again after Spellhold (I mean the ones with names, like Tanova etc., cos only they can be staked)!
    ZaramMaldovarMontresor_SPSon_of_ImoenProont