Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited January 2018
    @Roughwithanr

Please see my edited comment, above. I thought it best to have everything in one place. Note especially the point about left-clicking-and-dragging your way through the menu if you're using Siege of Dragonspear, which does not have scroll bars in the character generation menu and therefore limits you (as far as you can see) to nine kits, but there are more!

Also, re: Mystra specifically, there is no single-class Priest of Mystra. There is a Zealot of Mystra, found under Champion, and two multi-class cleric/mage of Mystra kits, the Abjurist and the Spellbender, found under Mage/Priest.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • RoughwithanrRoughwithanr Member Posts: 4
    /facepalm

wow. thank you lol
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

/facepalm

wow. thank you lol

Don't feel bad. The click and drag functionality was discovered by accident. I don't even think it was documented.
    Contemplative_HamsterArizael
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    If I install F&P, will Ranger/Clerics (or the equivalent) still play pretty much the same: good warrior who can buff himself with diverse spell access? (Subject to sphere, I suppose?)
    Can I change Jaheira to a basic Druid (or equivalent) via Shadowkeeper?

Thanks in advance!
    edited January 2018
    GawainBS said:

If I install F&P, will Ranger/Clerics (or the equivalent) still play pretty much the same: good warrior who can buff himself with diverse spell access? (Subject to sphere, I suppose?)

Thanks in advance!

1) Yes. There are three kits: r/c of Mielikki, r/c of Shaundakul, and a ranger/druid (!) of Silvanus.
    2) I'd use NPC_ee instead. That has an option to change J's class to a plain druid. That'll cause fewer problems. Then use the in-game NPC_ee option to change her kit, if you want, but that is optional.
    Post edited by Contemplative_Hamster on
    Wise_GrimwaldGawainBS
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    ThacoBell said:

/facepalm

wow. thank you lol

Don't feel bad. The click and drag functionality was discovered by accident. I don't even think it was documented.
    It should still get documented by very big and preferably red letters in the mod readme, the opening post, during weidu installation and probably also in description of priest base class. I mean I took me half an hour wondering and searching with NI for my "missing" kits - and i did read about the scrolling on forums several times previously.
    Contemplative_HamsterWise_Grimwald
    Arizael said:

ThacoBell said:

/facepalm

wow. thank you lol

It should still get documented by very big and preferably red letters in the mod readme, the opening post, during weidu installation and probably also in description of priest base class. I mean I took me half an hour wondering and searching with NI for my "missing" kits - and i did read about the scrolling on forums several times previously.
    That's not a mod function though. Its part of the UI.
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    @ThacoBell I know, but vanilla does not use that feature, so old players nor new players know about it. It´s super easy to miss.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Contemplative_HamsterWise_Grimwald
  • Put it in big bold letters in the first post next to the download link.
    Wise_Grimwald
    Arizael said:

@ThacoBell I know, but vanilla does not use that feature, so old players nor new players know about it. It´s super easy to miss.

When you say vanilla, do you mean unmodded or the non EE?

GawainBS said:

Thanks in advance!

1) Yes. There are three kits: r/c of Mielikki, r/c of Shaundakul, and a ranger/druid (!) of Silvanus.
    2) I'd use NPC_ee instead. That has an option to change J's class to a plain druid. That'll cause fewer problems. Then use the in-game NPC_ee option to change her kit, if you want, but that is optional.
    Thank you!
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    I think this might be the right place to ask this. But you were wanting to use some of the resources from the Faiths of Faerun mod?
    Grammarsalad
    tbone1Grammarsalad
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460

Mordeus said:

I think this might be the right place to ask this. But you were wanting to use some of the resources from the Faiths of Faerun mod?

Oh my gosh. Maybe? I don't know. But... hey dude. Faiths of Faerun was very much the direct inspiration for this entire mountain of craziness we've built here. :smiley:

I think @Grammarsalad would know better if we could still use any resources (I know icons are always in short supply though)... I tend to just nerd out on the Weidu.
    I can supply icons, still have the assets I created. I'm messing around with them now. Last time I looked I had it planned to overhaul every single spell/action icon in the same style. They are in vector form, so I can easily alter their visual style.

You can also have whatever bonus spells we made. Been a while since I've messed with Weidu, so that side of things is a bit overwhelming for me.
    GrammarsaladWise_Grimwald
    I realise this isn't really important, but a filled-out table with class info would be awesome. Also, more info about what each sphere's access entails, would help.
    edited January 2018
    GawainBS said:

I realise this isn't really important, but a filled-out table with class info would be awesome. Also, more info about what each sphere's access entails, would help.

On the first page of this thread (and here) there's a link to @ineth's spreadsheet, which has nearly everything you'd want to know. It is not entirely complete, but nearly so, and is a wonderful resource.

Known issues with the spreadsheet:

* Light and shadow mystics are not included
    * Beast Lord and Elementalist kits are not included (should go under Mystics)
    * C/Ms of Mystra (Spellbender and Abjurist kits) are not included
    * Incarnate class is included but does not exist
    * Halfling Slinger (ranger kit) is included but does not exist
    * Spell Revisions revisions to spell spheres and spell levels are not fully accounted for.
    * Exploration and Perdition spheres are not included, but can be found in the game files: FnP/lib/sphere_list_base and sphere_list_sr
    Grammarsalad
    edited January 2018
    I know about the spreadsheet, but apart from Paladins & some Clerics, the rest of the proficiencies are blank. Also, I have no clue what the amount of dots under a sphere represent.

P.S.: How are the proficiencies impacted by SoB?
  • By Ao, you're right about the proficiencies. Never paid any attention to them, only sphere access.
    One dot is minor access (levels 1-3), two dots means major access (levels 1-7), and three dots means Focus access (level 2 spells become level 1, level 3 spells become level 2, and so on), a very powerful special ability in some cases.

Thanks! It would also be nice to have a list to know which spells belong to which spheres.
  • Spreadsheet, second tab in the lower left corner: "Spheres"
    Wise_Grimwald
    Thanks, totally overlooked that.
    Thank you!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    ThacoBell
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Proficiency: First 3 bits are active class, Second 3 bits are inactive class.
    Active|Inactive
    X|0 = 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
    X|1 = 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
    X|2 = 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
    X|3 = 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
    X|4 = 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39
    etc...

0|X = 0, 8, 16, 24, 32, 40, 48, 56
    1|X = 1, 9, 17, 25, 33, 41, 49, 57
    2|X = 2, 10, 18, 26, 34, 42, 50, 58
    3|X = 3, 11, 19, 27, 35, 43, 51, 59
    4|X = 4, 12, 20, 28, 36, 44, 52, 60
    etc...
    Raduziel
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited January 2018
    (Sorry, I haven't had a chance to read the above...)

Version 0.74.21 is ready for release

Download

This one is a lot of housekeeping, with a few extras. Conjure Water Elemental should be fixed and in line with Conjure Fire elemental. Also, I've created a number of multiclass kits. No triple class kits as yet. IIRC, that will be a somewhat involved process @subtledoctor I may need your help with this. If you are able to get one up and going, I can use that as a template.

Also, I've probably missed a lot of recent bug reports, so it'll take me some time to go through them and put them up as issues. Please feel free to start new issues on github:

https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Faiths_and_Powers/issues

Finally, I expect that there are some bugs in the recently added mc kits. I was working in a caffeine induced frenzy, and every time I looked, I found some mistake or other...

Version 0.74.21

2018-01-06

Completely redid conjure water elemental; fixed AI (completely replaced summons) and added animation bams to differentiate elemental kinds; spell is now in line w/6th level druid fire e summon
    Created Acolyte/thief of Shar
    Created Cleric/fighter of kelevmor
    Created cleric/mage of kelevmor
    Created Cleric/Mage of talos
    Created Acolyte/mage of Deneir
    Created Acolyte/mage of Sune
    Created Acolyte/mage of Moander
    Created Acolyte/thief of moander

version 0.74.20

2017-12-09

Updated Text: Everwatch Knight of Helm
    Updated Text: Cherub of the Ruby Rose

version 0.74.19

2017-12-07

Updated Kelevmor Kit Description
    Updated Cyric kit description
    Updated Umberlee kit description
    Updated Pally of Tyr kit description
    Updated Harvester of Myrkrul kit description
    Contemplative_HamsterALIENRaduzielThacoBell
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Mordeus said:

Mordeus said:

Oh my gosh. Maybe? I don't know. But... hey dude. Faiths of Faerun was very much the direct inspiration for this entire mountain of craziness we've built here. :smiley:

I think @Grammarsalad would know better if we could still use any resources (I know icons are always in short supply though)... I tend to just nerd out on the Weidu.
    I can supply icons, still have the assets I created. I'm messing around with them now. Last time I looked I had it planned to overhaul every single spell/action icon in the same style. They are in vector form, so I can easily alter their visual style.

You can also have whatever bonus spells we made. Been a while since I've messed with Weidu, so that side of things is a bit overwhelming for me.
    I can't believe I'm seeing this now!

OMG @Mordeus YES! YES YES!!! Please @Mordeus contact me if you could!
    Purely on an end-user point-of-view: forcing the trueclass while "training up" in a dualclass is an awesome idea, fluff-wise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    ThacoBellGrammarsaladWise_Grimwald