Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited January 2018
    Champion of Sune? Sign me right up!

I'd roll up a max CHA and DEX, low INT and WIS male Champion of Sune, and name him Derek Zoolander. Special ability: Blue Steel. Once per day, the Champion can invoke Sune's power in the form of the spell Nature's Beatuty.

• GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Both my CHARNAME & Jaheira get a "select Diety" scroll, but when they use it, it's gone, and nothing happens.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    How about a Champion or acoltye of Elistraee? She's probably my favorite FR deity and doesn't really get used much.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited January 2018
    GawainBS said:

Both my CHARNAME & Jaheira get a "select Diety" scroll, but when they use it, it's gone, and nothing happens.

I believe that the scroll is used to memorize spells, not select your deity. As part of character creation, you are forced to memorize a small number of spells (e.g. cure light wounds), as you only technically have at that time the ' universal' spells-- you get the rest just after your character spawns in game. The scroll allows you to select a different set of spells and memorize them immediately (e.g. so you can face shank right away)
    ThacoBell said:

How about a Champion or acoltye of Elistraee? She's probably my favorite FR deity and doesn't really get used much.

Sure. I'm happy to create one or both of those
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I'm not sure if the Acolyte would fit a priest of Eilistraee very well.
  • DymeDefDymeDef Member Posts: 66
    edited January 2018
    Last time I tried playing I as hoping to use FnP, SoB, MnG and TnB but I was coming across an issue with Spell revisions and both Tome and Bloods Spell change module and like two of the classes in this mod. I was curious if these have been fixed or if theyre just issues with SR and its a choice between these mods or that?

Been wanting to do a full true playthrough of all of these combined, have done a lot of SoB and MnG in my game but haven't had much luck with getting TnB and FnP to play nice with Spell Revisions before to get them in.

These were install errors while using the Big World tool, and using the most up to date stuff that it had, so possibly the mods weren't fully updated on Big World?
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited January 2018
    Sometimes Often, random errors just seem to occur in multi-mod installations. Occasionally some vital component from some mod or other won't install even if it used to install just fine. My solution has been to scrap the entire install and start over from scratch, or from an earlier point - every 5-6 mods, I make a copy of the game folder as it is at that point, stick a note on it saying which mods are installed, and go back to installing the next batch of mods in the main folder. If something fails to install in the main folder, I have backup copies at various stages of completion so I can try again and hope that the problem goes away.

This usually does the trick. Pretty annoying if you're at the end of a long install, of course. Like, I've got 21 separate mods for BGee-SOD that need to go in a specific order and from each of which I pick and choose components.
    Post edited by Contemplative_Hamster on
    Raduziel said:

Someone needs to minister to and heal the faithful. You don't have Templars as pastors or nuns.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    ThacoBell said:

Raduziel said:

Someone needs to minister to and heal the faithful. You don't have Templars as pastors or nuns.
    By that logic, every single deity should have an Acolyte and a Zealot version.
    Raduziel said:

ThacoBell said:

Raduziel said:

Yes, they should.
    ThacoBell said:

Raduziel said:

ThacoBell said:

Raduziel said:

Yes, they should.
    If I only had the time and creative energy!
    @subtledoctor If you install M&G's feats, do the "regional" Rangers from F&P still get them, like a trueclass Ranger?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I think they should get them, as they don't get anything "extra" otherwise.
    edited January 2018
    Ah, I didn't realise the better spellcasting. That's cool. Would it be possible to have them use WIS bonus spells?

Also, I feel that Trueclass Ranger should still be an option, in case someone would prefer feats to spells, no?

True, can't underestimate goodberries. :open_mouth:
  • HypaspistHypaspist Member Posts: 24
    The game crashes when I try to select Deity :(

Is there any log I could send? Or perhaps a savegame?
    Hypaspist said:

The game crashes when I try to select Deity :(

Is there any log I could send? Or perhaps a savegame?

Is this happening in character creation?

What game engine? Do you have other mods installed?

The more information you can give us, the better
  • If I install FnP, I don't need to install the Divine Spell Pack from the new version of IWDification, right? That would probably break the game, IWDification, or FnP, right?
    edited January 2018

If I install FnP, I don't need to install the Divine Spell Pack from the new version of IWDification, right? That would probably break the game, IWDification, or FnP, right?

Soon, we're going to recommend that you do install the IWDification divine and arcane spell packs, though, of course, we'll install our own versions of the needed spells if you don't. Right now, it shouldn't really be a problem if you do install them. In fact, assuming that there are no terrible bugs in IWDification, i recommend you install those spell packs after FnP
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited January 2018

In fact, assuming that there are no terrible bugs in IWDification, i recommend you install those spell packs after FnP

Really??

Oh, I guess if both kids are using ADD_SPELL then they will cleanly overwrite each other, right?

And our focus/minor access spells just use 146/148 to cast the real spells, so that should Just Work. Nice!
    Ahhh, didn't catch it in time. Thinking again, I think that could cause an issue with known spells...

Edit: Players would get the regular spells in addition to sphere spells, I think

Best not to install IWDification divine spell pack at all for now
  • DymeDefDymeDef Member Posts: 66
    @Grammarsalad id like to make the mod I'm cleaning up and updating to be compatible with your spell pack. The only thing I need to do in order for it to be compatible is add an effect to any spell that resurects. I have it all ready to add effects to a spell, other than I'm not sure if you guys have a list of your spells I can go through instead of going through each one, one by one

Thanks
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited January 2018
    A while back I reported an issue with mod-added stores being empty and unusable after FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ 0 105 // Select an installation method below: -> no new kits - JUST install the sphere system
    ia installed.
    I'm now in BG2EE and find others this time ARENAM2.STO from Region of Terror mod.
    If you need more data tell me, I don't know if the issue is fixed already, this thread is just too big and there's no search function on this forum.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

A while back I reported an issue with mod-added stores being empty and unusable after FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ 0 105 // Select an installation method below: -> no new kits - JUST install the sphere system
    ia installed.
    I'm now in BG2EE and find others this time ARENAM2.STO from Region of Terror mod.
    If you need more data tell me, I don't know if the issue is fixed already, this thread is just too big and there's no search function on this forum.

There is a search function, it's on the left.

For now just noting whatever stores you see issues with would be very helpful. Then we'll simply carve those stores out as an exception to the store patching code. The end result won't be perfect - some store might not buy halberds from you, or something like that. But it will be far less significant than the store not working at all.
    Looks like the pattern is that those are all stores added by the big mods, although many of them sell and buy normal items not just custom stuff.
    Yes I know that *Search* function - which is definitely useless for a forum of this size. You know the nice features they have at G3 or SHS where you can search a dedicated thread rather than global half a million posts.