Skip to content

does anyone have any idea what happened to the user Tanthalas?

sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
i remember way back in the day when these forums were still in their infancy and there was a forum user named Tanthalas, and this person was a comment making machine, being only on for 7-8 months Tanthalas achieved over 6000 comments (wowzers) but then it seemed like Tanthalas just disappeared out of nowhere without a trace? anyone have a clue where Tanthalas went?

every once in a while i will creep through the OLD discussions and see Tanthalas around and i always wondered what happened to this user
TressetJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Tanthalas hasn't been active since December 2012, according to their profile. You can view all of their comments and discussions by checking on their profile.

I'm guessing Tanthalas left because they ascended to a higher plane of existence.
    JuliusBorisovtbone1Proont
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    No one really knows... He was a moderator back then, and I remember he vanished shortly after I joined the forums. Never really got to know him very well, but I know that @elminster remembers him fondly and occasionally wishes he would return.
    JuliusBorisov
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

I'm guessing Tanthalas left because they ascended to a higher plane of existence.

yeah that's kind of what i was thinking, he just vanished so suddenly and made no mention of leaving
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262

If by that you mean he died IRL, I have thought of that possibility myself as well... I actually sometimes wonder what would happen if, God forbid, I were to die unexpectedly... Would I make a similar disappearing act? Would any of you even know what happened to me?

Oh wait... I forgot that I am immortal thanks to that fountain of youth thingy I found the other day. Nevermind!
    sarevok57JuliusBorisovProont
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Tresset said:

No one really knows... He was a moderator back then, and I remember he vanished shortly after I joined the forums. Never really got to know him very well, but I know that @elminster remembers him fondly and occasionally wishes he would return.

I can confirm that sounds like something I would have written.
    TressetJuliusBorisov
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    well it's good to know that he's okay, for someone who was so active in the forums to just disappear like that was just a little concerning
    JuliusBorisovBalrog99[Deleted User]Aedan
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    People come and go. That's the nature of forums. It's one of the reasons I don't get attached to people anymore... cyber-acquaintanceships are transient at best.
    Mathsorcerer[Deleted User]StummvonBordwehr
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    [Deleted User]Rik_Kirtaniya
    Rik_Kirtaniya
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBell[Deleted User]ProontRik_Kirtaniya
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddessRik_Kirtaniya
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    edited February 2018
    @Shandaxx okay, I didn't mean that to sound quite so dire... :lol: But I do speak from personal experience. I used to hang around on planetbaldursgate a lot, and considered a few people to be quite close friends (indeed, I joined this forum in the hopes of re-acquainting myself with people from there). I'm no longer in contact with any of them. Same goes for the people I used to play Elite with. It could just be me, though, because I don't have much time for forums these days (and also it's not really in my nature to chase people).

Not saying cyber-acquaintances can't develop into something more, it can (and does) happen, but it's the exception not the norm. Out of all the people I've met online, I've only actually met one of them in real life. People move on, and friends drift apart, that's just the way of things, and it's more likely to happen online when you're meeting large numbers of people all vying for attention, and you can't give everyone the same level of attention you'd give a rl friend.

All I'm saying is lower expectations... meet people and share experiences, sure. Just don't expect them to be around forever. :)
    Post edited by Squire on
    StummvonBordwehrProont
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Fair warning: I am prone to spontaneous disappearance.
    Sylvus_MoonbowThacoBell
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Shandaxx said:

I like disturbing @Aedan :smirk:

@Aedan Mi piace disturbarti :heart:

@Shandaxx
    Just @Aedan? :/:'(
    [Deleted User]