Skip to content

Best of Spambots

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    If keyword based bots have found this forum we'll see some very interesting bots in the next few days :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I just banned a spambot that was basically advertising murder for hire. Granted, the method of murder described was some kinda "death spell" so I don't think it would actually work, but it was still kinda creepy seeing that...
    Well, it was caught by the spam filter and I already banned it, but I did copy the text before doing so, so here we go...

"A big thanks to dr Ogbefun i never believe that there still exist a real death spell caster after all this years of disappointment from the enormous spammers on the Internet who go about scamming people, until i was opportune to meet Dr Ogbefun a real spell caster, through a close friend called Jennifer who Dr ogbefun had helped before, when i contacted him with his email i explain how my ex have been giving me problem in my marriage, she never allowed me a moment of peace, and i need to end it by killing her, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week my ex was dead, she slept and never woke up all thanks to Dr Ogbefun indeed he's really a humble man.
    you can contact ogbefun for any death spell, such as to kill your superior in the office and take his or her place, death spell to kill your father and inherit his wealth ,death spell to kill anyone who have scammed you in the past ,spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him add him on whatsapp"
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

According to the no-spam rule, your post should look like this:

meagloth said:

Actually, that looks like my best jokes.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    mlnevese said:

"death spell to kill anyone who have scammed you in the past" I wonder if this would work on Dr. Ogbefun...

You mean his death spell didn't work for you? Would it be too impudent to inquire whom you tried to get rid of? ;)
    Ardanis said:

mlnevese said:

"death spell to kill anyone who have scammed you in the past" I wonder if this would work on Dr. Ogbefun...

You mean his death spell didn't work for you? Would it be too impudent to inquire whom you tried to get rid of? ;)
    I haven't tried it yet... but I still wonder if it would work on him... he says it would work on anyone, right? :)
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Skatan said:

Skatan said:

Who's gonna make the first Necromancer mage named Dr. Ogbefun?

Respect! Now go make a playthrough where you misinterpret any NPCs request for help from you as a veiled request to kill off everyone they've got beef with, hehe :D
    Hmmm ... I would probably have to change the alignment to CE or CN. Also, I don't think I'd make it out of Candlekeep alive - Gorion tends to kill Charnames who attack Tethoril after getting Firebead's scroll because that was obviously what Firebead wanted. :lol:
    mlnevese said:

Yes, it is the first time I have seen a spambot complain about the existence of its own kind.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    mlnevese said:

Ardanis said:

mlnevese said:

I haven't tried it yet... but I still wonder if it would work on him... he says it would work on anyone, right? :)
    Well, if he can do it, he's not really a scammer, is he? And if he can't do it, then he won't kill himself even if he tries. :wink:
    Tresset said:

mlnevese said:

Yes, it is the first time I have seen a spambot complain about the existence of its own kind.
    That just shows how far AI has progressed...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I wondered why that thread was still around.
    ThacoBell said:

I wondered why that thread was still around.

@ThacoBell It was left there mainly because we couldn't decide if it was really a spambot or not and then we forgot about it as other things came up. I am still not 100% sure it is a spambot, but for now I am hoping it will serve as a decent trap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    And it's fun to hunt them... It was even better when the Spam Filter and the AI were not so efficient :)