Skip to content

The 2.5 Update Beta is HERE! Test, play, let us know what you think!

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited March 2018
    What will be the final version of the Character Record Screen? And that of the Journal? Or, if you prefer: will some UI elements be revisited/tweaked?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I don't think UI changes will be a part of the 2.5 patch. The huge feedback about it from last several years and this particular beta, including all Redmine tickets about UI, - it all has been heard, though.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    And for references, this is what it looks like without Nearest neighbor. So you can choose the one you like more.

v2.5.13.1:

JuliusBorisovParysAdullolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Oh, wait, this is actually awesome! I'm sure there will be people interested in playing commoner characters.
    Proont
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    lefreut said:

So it seems the rendering is finally fixed \o/

Good news!

However I still hope we'll get the option to use Catmull-Rom eventually, as it looks leagues better than either Nearest Neighbor or Bilinear (in general, and especially on character sprites.)
    Nostariel

However I still hope we'll get the option to use Catmull-Rom eventually, as it looks leagues better than either Nearest Neighbor or Bilinear (in general, and especially on character sprites.)

Do you have any screenshot comparison?

IWDEE v1.4 and v2.5.13.1 looks almost the same in my screenshots (but I don't know if v1.4 use Catmull-Rom or Nearest Neighbor).
    edited March 2018
    v1.4 uses Catmull-Rom.

At the default zoom level I'd expect no difference 'cause it's pixel perfect; upon zooming in, Nearest Neighbor is very pixellated whereas Catmull-Rom is smoother (but a lot sharper than Bilinear.)

Playing on 1440p screen, I spend most of the time heavily zoomed in so that's why I feel so strongly about it.
    Nostariel
    @AndreaColombo indeed there are differences when zooming in. v2.5 seems to use Nearest Neighbor.

v1.4:

v2.5:

I prefer the v2.5 rendering.
    ThacoBellAdul
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915

Heh. To me, v1.4 looks a lot better :)

Yeah, way better...

ProontAndreaColombo
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Yupp, I still haven't created one of those redmine accounts :P Having fun testing some strange scenarios though
    StummvonBordwehrlolienAdul
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    It would be nice to be able to select different filters for the various zoom levels (e.g. one for 100%, one for less than 100%, and one for more than 100% zoom), but honestly, I'm quite happy with nearest neighbor overall.
    lolienProont
    At 100% there would be no difference, as no filter is applied :)
    lolien
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited March 2018

At 100% there would be no difference, as no filter is applied :)

Is that the case in 2.5 now? I think the blurring in 2.3 was caused by the scaling filter, even at 100%. Not sure, though.
  • Bruce85Bruce85 Member Posts: 2
    Testing patch 2.5 for baldurs gate enhanced edition on android and noticed that there is no dark inventory theme like in siege of dragonspear why ? was removed ? :/
  • Bruce85Bruce85 Member Posts: 2

Originally, it was this way:
    - BG: blue stone
    - SoD: lava black
    - bg2: sand stone
    - iwd: woods

When sod came out as "extension" to bg on desktops, it implemented the lava black also for bg content.
    But as sod is stand alone on android, the original bg stays untouched and keeps the blue stone.

Ok thanks :)
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @JuliusBorisov NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The only reason I ever used oils of speed in the first place was because I thought it ALWAYS gave the APR bonus. I haven't touched it since learning otherwise. This LITERALLY kills the item.
    ProontStummvonBordwehr
    It still gives +1 APR bonus. It won't double up APR (no Improved Haste).
    Adul
    edited April 2018
    That's what I'm talking about. I always assumed the text to be correct that the oil doubles APR. I stopped using it when I saw it pointed out in the thread that it actually didn't.

*EDIT* Seriously, what good reason is there to re-nerf oils of speed?
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
    Proont
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    seems more appropriate not to have such a semi-mundane item create a level 6 spell efect
    Raduziel
    Yeah, only mages and beserkers are allowed to be OP. Everything else has to be "balanced". Give me a break.
    lolienStummvonBordwehr
    @ThacoBell
    phrosnite said:

Now it literally doubles your attacks and even says "Improved Haste" on the status screen. Is this an intended change? I hope it's a bug because Oil of Speed will be a broken item and make the Level 6 spell Improved Haste useless due to the way higher duration of Oil of Speed.

phrosnite said:

So you buff Oil of Speed that is available super early and you can easily get 20+ potions.
    Can you stop removing depth from the game, please?

Time to learn how to mod the game, I guess, in hope to revert these baffling "fixes".

Very disappointed.

my perception is that oil of speed had a bad description, not a broken effect. Improved haste with the duration of the potion does sound broken to me, but then, I never remember to use potions and this would make me more likely to try - but only as it feels broken to me, which is not a great way to fix a game!

Adul said:

If it's always worked one way and it was fine the way it worked, there was no reason to change it. It was one of the best potions in BG1 even without the buff, now it's not only overpowered, but also makes two weapon fighting more overpowered because it now gets double the amount extra attacks with the oil of speed. That's way too many extra attacks for dual wielding fighters in BG1.

Raduziel
    Its a bunch of hookie. If people are going to complain about balance then we need to remove unrestricted resting, about 2/3rds of the mages spellbook, multiclassing, dual-classing, get rid of Bards and Berserkers altogether, Insect Swarma and Nature's Beauty need to go, etc. The game description always stated that oils of speed doubled apr and nodoby complained then. Its more likely that the there was an error with the coding than an error with the item description.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    josh sawyer was not very happy with iwd ee because it broke his precious balance.
    Raduziel