Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • marc5477marc5477 Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for the great mod.

Problem: I have BWS + EET installed and I am scared to death of attempting to modify any of the already installed mods because when I tried it in the past it resulted in either breaking something or about 1-3 hours of waiting.

Question: I am trying the Jongleur kit and I despise the blur spell effect from the bard song... I thought I had turned it off from one of the mods but I think it only applies to the cloak and not the spell itself. Is there any safe way to turn it off from your bard song? Can I just disable it from EE Keeper on the specific spell you are using?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HalcyonHalcyon Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2018
    Post edited by Halcyon on
  • TemarielTemariel Member Posts: 42
    @subtledoctor thanks for this. I will try out the NPC mod as well.

In the meantime, I also wondered if I could get your expertise on something else. I am having a problem with the Corwin NPC mod. I noticed you posted some stuff about this some time ago, which is why I mention it. The link to my issue is here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/69598/corwin-npc-mod-game-breaking-bug/p1?new=1

Apologies if its a bit off topic, but its broken my game and I could really use some help!
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    I don't want to be pushy, I'm just eager. How is the Ranger-change coming along?
    edited March 2018
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Well, it was about Rangers & Faith & Powers. The Geographic-variant Ranger doesn't get feats, and in the F&P thread, you said it was something for M&G to fix.
    edited March 2018
    ThacoBell
    Thanks! For the Bladesinger Bard, what about ’'Songblade''? Or ''Warchanter''?
    ThacoBell
    edited March 2018
    ThacoBell
    Would he also get an offensive song? Bards don't have a lot of spells. Sounds very cool, though!
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    Maybe someone can help me, I want to edit 275_revised_shadowdancer.tpa so that only the shadow pool ability is installed, replacing the default shadowstep but keeping all the vanilla class features including HiPS, what lines would I have to delete?
  • BlackTalonsBlackTalons Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2018
    I got a question but I'm not sure where I have to ask yet, so I'm starting here

I'm setting up an EET installation through BWS, planning on adding Might and Guile. However, its Bard overhaul component (210) clashes with the BG1 NPC Project "Banters, Quests and Interjections" component (0001), favoring the later. Since M&G is the most recent mod and has nothing to do as far as I know with NPC story content I find it strange that a conflict like this arises. Anybody knows if this alert is valid? Or could it be a just a hiccup in the BWS config files?
    edited March 2018
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    There is no conflict between Might and GUile and BG1NPC. I've used them together for 3-4 full playthroughs now.
    edited March 2018
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Things like this are why I loathe BWS.
    ThacoBell
  • BlackTalonsBlackTalons Member Posts: 12
    BWS just updated with the update screen pointing out the conflict alert had been resolved, and it no longer apears in the mod selection screen. Thanks to whoever solved it!
  • KuselKusel Member Posts: 50

You're right! It's far better to spend hours and hours of manual mod installation instead of doing one extra click if you find a conflict warning superfluous.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Kusel said:

You're right! It's far better to spend hours and hours of manual mod installation instead of doing one extra click if you find a conflict warning superfluous.
    ... Erm, it doesn't take hours and hours. Besides which, BWS is quite unnecessary.
    ThacoBell
    edited March 2018
    rapsam2003ThacoBell
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    Its quite alright to not like the BWS and prefer manual installs but maybe keep the pointless bashing down a little?
    Kuselverlaine
    ThacoBell
    What's BWS and what does it do?
    ThacoBellContemplative_Hamster
  • BleriotBleriot Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2018

GawainBS said:

What's BWS and what does it do?

It's a Windows program that downloads, unzips, sorts, and installs mods. Very convenient, especially if you're doing a "mega-mod" install with >100 mods. Of course it has some issues:

1) It's held together with a Windows wannabe-Applescript-equivalent script language... basically software duct tape and bubblegum.

2) Lots of newbies using it end ip with bugs or conflicts but cannot identify ir troubleshoot them... when you ask "lrt me try to help - what mods do you have installed?" they say something like "I dunno, BWS."

3) If a mod wants to be added to BWS, and every time a mod is updated, BWS needs to be updated by hand to account for it.

4) That herculean effort was perforned by a single person, most recently AL|EN. He has since given up, and now nobody is really maintaining BWS, except for the occasional update by Roxanne, and she only works on the section if it that supports her mod(s). There is nobody to maintain it for BGT/IWDEE/BG2EE/PST modding.

Not fully correct because it's written by someone who says he can't use it, so why talk about it?

It's a Windows program that downloads, unzips, sorts, and installs mods. Very convenient, especially if you're doing a "mega-mod" install with >100 mods.
    1) is correct
    2) has nothing to do with the tool
    3) is correct
    4) Maintenance is a problem, but it's not single person but a group of modders. They can only do updates if things are notified to them but there's lack of communication since with EE/Beamdog now modders are all over different sites
    Supported games

- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (standalone game)
    - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (standalone game)
    - Enhanced Edition Trilogy ( BG1:EE + SoD + BG2:EE ) (planned: IWD1:EE + partial IWD2-in-EET)
    - Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition
    - Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Old games are no longer supported because maintainers have left.

Info is here

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/704157
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/

If you want to do installs with just a handful of mods, I wouldn't use it. For more complex installations it's good.
    verlaine
  • KuselKusel Member Posts: 50
    BWS (=Big World Setup) is getting old and needs replacement but fact is there is currently no alternative if you wanna do bigger modded games and haven't got time to read all the readme's and dependency and know about install-this-before-that-but-not-if-you-have-that-other-one.
    verlaine
    Thanks for the explanation. I'll stick to my tedious manual install. :smile:
    Contemplative_Hamster
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBellContemplative_HamsterJarinex