1. Beamdog
      35.48%
    2. Lasercat
      64.52%
Post edited by lefreut on
JuliusBorisovmashedtatersRavenslight

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Doggos are precious and altruistic. Cats are EA.
    booinyoureyes
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    ThacoBell said:

Doggos are precious and altruistic. Cats are EA.

I donno...

bEAmdog EA is in the name.

Cats are independent, but lazy.

I think I still prefer Overhaul Games myself.
    booinyoureyes
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddessmashedtatersProont
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Cats > Dogs
    ProontGirewan
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Yes
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I'm allergic to cats.
    ThacoBell
    Remember, domestic cats are responsible for a large number of modern extinctions. Dogs are the way of life.
    mashedtaters
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    ThacoBell said:

Remember, domestic cats are responsible for a large number of modern extinctions. Dogs are the way of life.

Dogs have done their fair share of extermination too. Seen any dodos lately...
    ProontSkatan
    Balrog99 said:

ThacoBell said:

I seem to recall cats being the main attribute of that case. As the resident forums biology nerd, I resolve to find the truth!
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Hamsters are better than dogs and cats combined.
    booinyoureyesmashedtatersRik_Kirtaniyalefreut
    ThacoBell said:

Balrog99 said:

ThacoBell said:

I seem to recall cats being the main attribute of that case. As the resident forums biology nerd, I resolve to find the truth!
    Okay, the case of the Dodo is interesting. There isn't any one agreed on reason for their extinction. Heck, people can't even agree on what they really looked like. Hungry sailors were a significant reason, as the Dodo was relatively easy to capture. Cats, dogs, and rats are credited to varying degrees for going after Dodo eggs. So we can at least conclude that the universe simply hated the Dodo because everything wanted to eat it.
    Balrog99gugulug5000OrlonKronsteenProont
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    edited March 2018
    So shinedodo...? Emissiondodo...? Radiatedodo...?

Doesn’t really roll off the tongue.
    ThacoBellProont
    I can also think of Deadodo, Undeadodo or Redodoedodo. For those dodos who met a cleric by chance.
    mashedtatersThacoBellProontSkatan
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Cats are being unfairly maligned in this thread.
    Balrog99ArdanisOrlonKronsteenProont
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    tbone1ThacoBell

Humans domesticated dogs. Cats domesticated humans and convinced them that the roles were reversed. Adding a laser onto a cat just makes it that much better.

Gotta disagree with that. Domestication of cats didn't start until humans had developed agriculture. You just keep a few of them around the grain stores and you have a lot less rats, and require virtually not maintenance, and they bury their crap. Before you mention the Egyptians worshipped them, they also worshiped jackals and crocodiles. Just letting them live around cities kept the rat population down. They served their purpose. Just like dogs, people baby them, today.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742

Cats domesticated humans...

A really interesting observation, I must say! :D

Cats domesticated humans...

A really interesting observation, I must say! :D
    No more than dogs or any other plant we've domesticated. It's a trade off, we get something out of it (less rats), and they get our protection and food, and chance to pass on their genes. It's no different than wheat. There's far more wheat plants in the world than if we hadn't domesticated it, so good from the plant's perspective. The wheat gets our protection from pests, but it gets selectively bred in the way we want. A lot of the cats that people didn't like, got killed. It's only fairly recently (in a lot of cultures) that it became unacceptable to kill them, with animal rights. Hell, New Zealand considers them an invasive pest, and wants them all sterilized.
    semiticgoddessProont
    @DrHappyAngry, The humour is in saying "cats domesticated humans", not "humans domesticated cats". That's what struck me as being funny, nothing else. :smile: (Isn't that just a play with words?)
    OrlonKronsteenlolien
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    Rik_KirtaniyasemiticgoddessProontmashedtaters
    lefreut said:

Ardanis said:

Hamsters are better than dogs and cats combined.

Sadly, Glimmerminiaturegiantspacehamster is a little too long :p
    We need an acronym, right? ;)
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    Well truthfully, cats just domesticated themselves, though I did find an article that did say that they domesticated humans. Cats just hung around humans enough that they decided to stick around.
    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellProontmashedtaters
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    edited March 2018
    I thought cats domesticated people as well. I was certainly trained by many a cat growing up.
    ProontBalrog99
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Cats aren't completely terrible. Fire-roasted with a hot tangy barbecue sauce they aren't bad, especially when served with a lemming wedge.
    ArdanisThacoBellKamigoroshimashedtaters
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    tbone1 said:

Cats aren't completely terrible. Fire-roasted with a hot tangy barbecue sauce they aren't bad, especially when served with a lemming wedge.

@tbone1 , I've a bone to pick with you.
    Come to think of it, hamsters make for the perfect bite-sized snack. In a Cuy Chactado kind of way.
    Proont