Skip to content

[v1.9] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG2:EE

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @ThacoBell That is partially an engine limitation, though it's not unfixable. It's just beyond my current knowledge to fix, but I know people who can solve it.

@RVNS Probably not...
    ThacoBell
    Updated to v1.6, which mostly just fixes a few bugs including that broken kit name issue that came up before.
    ThacoBell
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    I don't know if anyone has asked this. I know there is crossmod content between Sirene and Fade, but is there a romance conflict conversation like with Jaheira, Viconia etc.
    @Saber83 Yes
    Saber83
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    So I finally (FINALLY!) finished an EET playthrough with Sirene.

I really enjoyed her and her content. It was top notch - definitely one of my favorite NPC mods I've ever used.

Particularly, I really enjoyed how you handled the moral choice parts in SoA relating to the special encounters and the consequences thereof(Being purposefully vague).

Anyways - I did encounter two bugs in the second half of the game I thought you might want to hear about:

A) - Despite using the EET variant, Sirene was getting an artificial bump in xp beging game segments (So from BG1 to SoD, again from SoD to SoA, and once more from SoA to ToB). Not a big deal, but it ended up netting me over a half a million more xp by the end on her character than on anyone else.

B) - She never got HLAs. I realized she wasnt getting them once I finally started picking them up halfway through ToB, and consoled up her level to see if she ever got them (wasnt getting any as late as lvl 33. I stopped there).

C) - I dont know if this was supposed to be a bug or not, but her weapon proficiency selections seemed odd. She was only able to allocate 1 pip to anything, and she was restricted to weapons I would normally give a Cleric (I.E - Warhammers, Clubs, Quarterstaves, no Longsword, Bastardsword, etc). This might be intentional, but I wasnt sure.

Anyways - None of the above diminished the mod. I really enjoyed it!
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Im playing with her now in SOA and like this NPC but she doesnt get HLAs in TOB??
    @BallpointMan @brunardo

Sounds like an EET bug. She should have a custom paladin kit that allows for specialization of all melee weapons, and she should also have HLAs at the appropriate level.
    ThacoBell
    yeah might be a deal breaker when I get to TOB...
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    Hmm - I'm guessing there was some kind of install issue. She definitely didnt have normal proficiency options and never got HLAs. Shouldnt be hard to use the console @brunardo to see if she'll get those HLAs later (you can just reload afterwards).

Side thought - Her without HLAs wasnt so bad. At least for me. She's pretty powerful by the end of ToB and everyone else has HLAs to cover.
    I'll see when I get there from SOA but hope she gets HLAs but one of the better NPC mods for sure!
  • AchaeanAchaean Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2017
    Looks splendid. Can't wait go give it a go.
    Post edited by Achaean on
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    It would seem the mod was updated to ver 1.7 a few days ago.

Any info on what was changed or/and fixed?
    @Mothor

Very minor update. Aside from smoothing over some rough text and cleaning up some messy code, it properly prevents the Martyr's innate abilities from being self-cast.
  • BolkoBolko Member Posts: 15
    Very Good mod:). I like womans with red hair:)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Who doesn't? ;)
    Raduziel
  • AlasyreAlasyre Member Posts: 2
    Sirene continuously force-talks to me when starting ToB, just after Sarevok finished talking. Any clue what might be the cause? I'm using EET and have a romance with her. I've put my ToB game on hold because I'm really enjoying your mod and would prefer to keep her in the party. You've done a wonderful job. Thanks!

Edit: By force-talk, I mean the dialogue for CHARNAME force-talking to her (voice change, flirt, etc.) comes up.
  • HalcyonHalcyon Member Posts: 56
    Alasyre said:

Sirene continuously force-talks to me when starting ToB, just after Sarevok finished talking. Any clue what might be the cause? I'm using EET and have a romance with her. I've put my ToB game on hold because I'm really enjoying your mod and would prefer to keep her in the party. You've done a wonderful job. Thanks!

Edit: By force-talk, I mean the dialogue for CHARNAME force-talking to her (voice change, flirt, etc.) comes up.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I had the same issue and fixed it by killing Sirene w/ ctrl-Y, sleeping, and then resurrecting w/ctrl-R. Simple solution but seemed to work.

- - -

On a separate issue, the shrine to Ilmater that she requests we visit (in ToB) seems to not be appearing on the map (assuming we visit it via the map?) anyone know the area code?
    Halcyon said:

On a separate issue, the shrine to Ilmater that she requests we visit (in ToB) seems to not be appearing on the map (assuming we visit it via the map?) anyone know the area code?

@Halcyon

PID. I’m not sure what the cause of that other issue is, but I’ll see if it can be reproduced.
    Halcyon
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited March 2018
    @Artemius_I I had the same issue with the stutter-bug in ToB for Ajantis and noticed that for some rare instances the chapter setting is still at chapter 19 instead of 20 as it's supposed to be after Sarevok is restored. (Therefore, if NPCs try to initiate a ToB dialogue all that is called is the SoA PID).
    For my playtester this was the case if: continuous game from SoA to ToB, no save loaded in ToB, Imoen gave part of her soul to Sarevok -> chapter was still at 19 and stutter bug occurred. I have a safe from this instance, but was not able to reproduce this myself.
    I also didn't figure out when the chapter is set to "20" in EET.

EDIT: Posted a report at the EET forum (G3)
    @jastey

Ah. Thank you for the insight, and that would explain why I never encountered any such issue since I've never tested the mod on EET (though that's not really a good excuse)

Well, if that really is the cause, that is... and if so, it's an issue regarding EET, and not the mod, no?
  • BleriotBleriot Member Posts: 31

@jastey

Ah. Thank you for the insight, and that would explain why I never encountered any such issue since I've never tested the mod on EET (though that's not really a good excuse)

Well, if that really is the cause, that is... and if so, it's an issue regarding EET, and not the mod, no?

If you do not use Chapter Global in the ToB part of your mod, you are safe. Otherwise it's chapter 8 (normal game) vs chapter 20 (EET). The main difference is that EET uses the chapter global for PID handling while other games switch the joined dialogue files (that contain the PIDs).
    The same thing that may make you miss the chapter transition exists in all games, classic or EE. It's that silly OnCreation() trigger that is still in the vanilla game after all these years!
    It seems it's a mod nevertheless. Short version of what Roxanne found out: If a mod EXTEND_TOPs to AR4000.bcs, make sure all script blocks include a Continue() at the end, or the chapter change will be blocked.
    I forgot this for Breagar, for example... :s Will go and update the mod soon.
    @Bleriot Didn't see your post when I posted mine. Exactly, it's a script block that also exists in the original game. But I guess almost no mods added to AR4000.bcs whereas for EET every NPC mod needs to since the NPC's override script needs to be changed (if using the EET NPC function then you are safe as it adds to teh bottom).
    EET combines the joined dialogue files into one huge and taggs the SvA PIDs with GlobalLT("chapter","GLOBAL",20) so there the chapter number suddenly has a lot of impact.

Halcyon said:

@Halcyon

PID. I’m not sure what the cause of that other issue is, but I’ll see if it can be reproduced.
    Hmm, maybe I'm missing something. IIRC Sirene recommends we visit a shrine to Ilmater at some point in ToB (after getting out of Saradush for 1st time; I think). Is this an area I should see pop up on the world map, or an item that sends me to the area like took place in the post-Underdark quest?

I attempted various kinds of "Travel To" commands under the designation PID with the console, but I think I may be interpreting your answer incorrectly <.<;;
    @Halcyon

PID = player initiated dialogue. As in, force talk her using the Talk button.

I think you need to be in a specific area (the place you teleport into after Saradush) though. Can’t remember.
    Halcyon

@Halcyon

PID = player initiated dialogue. As in, force talk her using the Talk button.

I think you need to be in a specific area (the place you teleport into after Saradush) though. Can’t remember.

Ahhhh, ok that makes more sense; thanks.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    I just finished a run from Candlekeep to the Throne, choosing mortality over divinity for my Cavalier, Godfrei de Telion. Along the way, he met a Paladin of Ilmater who would be a constant companion throughout his journey. They helped some Harpers with the Stone of Askavar, allowed Caelar to earn some semblance of her honor back, saved his sisters soul (along with his own), helped his brother earn himself a new outlook, faced her trials and tribulations with goodness and virtue as their guide, and overall were the paragons of goodness that Faerun needs in its time of the Prophesy of Alaundo.

Easily the most satisfying run I've ever made with a character and party composition. Speaking of Composition, here was the makeup.

BG1
    Godfrei
    Sirene
    Imoen
    Xan
    Ajantis
    Drake

SOD
    Godfrei
    Sirene
    Drake
    Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Glint (Chunked in the Abyss which opened the door for Caelar to earn a bit of redemption back)

BGII
    Godfrei
    Sirene
    Keldorn (released from service) replaced by a saved Ajantis
    Anomen
    Nalia
    Imoen

Throne
    Godfrei
    Sirene
    Ajantis
    Anomen
    Imoen
    Sarevok (redeemed)

Some thoughts...Sirene is well written, and easily has become one of my favorite NPC's in the nearly 20 years I've been playing this game. I mean it. She's really well done, and you deserve the large accolades that you've garnered in relation to your works with her. Drake is also fantastic, and I am really looking forward to taking him all the way to the Throne once his continuation is finished. I'll save an Undead Hunter run for that eventuality, with a composition similar to each of those mentioned above.

I don't know what you do for a living, and its really none of my business anyway. But if you were a writer of literature, I'd definitely read your stuff. I'm going to recall this run with a significant degree of fondness, largely as a result of how it all wrapped up.

For anyone looking for a great NPC experience throughout the series, you'd very likely find a satisfying one with Sirene. I'm confident I'll say the say about Drake, when that time comes. Cheers.

ThacoBellCaszidy
    @EnialusMeliamne

Thank you. As cliche as this might sound I still have a long way to go as a writer, though it's still reassuring to see positive responses as to where I am right now. I'm currently studying English as a major in college so writing and literature's a bit of a passion for me, so comments like these are always what I look forward to the most.

I can't say when I'll be able to complete Drake BG2 but it'll happen. I know what to write. It's just a matter of whether the end product satisfies.
    EnialusMeliamneThacoBell
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Are there particular time or location triggers for the Sirene/Valygar interactions? I have them in the party together for the first time, and halfway through chapter 4 haven't had anything come up. Other banters (with Mazzy and Keldorn for instance) are firing normally. I haven't made an exhaustive check with CTRL-I yet, but the first several attempts didn't trigger anything.
    @redline

There are no special requirements in particular for the dialogues that provide the combat bonus. I think you just need to wait a little more before they come up.