Skip to content

CLUA Console for BG2EE

13»

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Vodosbn said:

Borek said:

If i remember correctly in the Mind Flayer City there is a room that respawns an Illithid every time you come in, as long as you completely leave that room 1st, so you can always grab a new Control Circlet and re-charm from that room. It's to the North of the room with the slaves where you create the Control Circlet.

Yeah, in my memories, the mind flayers keeps respawning until you open the doors, but, here, it doesn't. I tried everything I can, slept a thousand hours, kill all the slaves (because I was angry), and nope : no mind flayer. I wanted to spawn a mind flayer with the console, but I can't open the console. And above all, my last save is in Athkatla, just before venturing to the island with the mad wizards.

I use a french patch which translate the text and I thought it caused a glitch, so I uninstalled the game, removed the patch, created a new game, sacrificed a goat to the gods, but no results. I don't know what to do next.

Hmm, well it definitely spawns in my game, because every time you open a door with the controlled Illithid it breaks control and attacks, needs killing (or i guess maybe recharmed with a new circlet, never tried that), i always had to charm 1 for the door in the room where the slaves appear, then go back and get a 2nd one for the last door near the Brain room.

As for the console then you need to make sure you use a proper code editor not a word processor, and depending on your OS you need to be careful with exactly what you type in, various platforms can have several different versions of various forms of punctuation, only 1 of which actually works. Also note that there are NO spaces or tabs in the line to add.

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')

That is the line copy/pasted from Notepad++ (code editor, free one) from my installation, try adding that to yours and make sure when you add it that it seems to match the format of the other lines of code, if it looks different then your text editor may be applying incorrect formatting.

Obviously make sure the game is closed when you make the edit, make sure you are changing Baldur.lua for version 2.0 or later, Baldur.ini for version 1.3 or earlier.
    Gusinda
  • VodosbnVodosbn Member Posts: 3
    I downloaded Notepad++ and edit Baldur.lua file with your line. It works now. Thanks a lot for your help Borek, I think it didn't work because I changed the .ini file instead of the .lua file. You saved my game ! I can finally get out of this stupid mind flayer's dungeon.
    Borek
  • Borg_DealerOfDeathBorg_DealerOfDeath Member Posts: 79
    Just what info do you see when you bring up CLUA and how much of it can you edit?

Just what info do you see when you bring up CLUA and how much of it can you edit?

Best to check youtube to see what it looks like, as for what you can edit then you can create items, creatures, adjust most in game flags, change XP/gold, what you cannot do is create unique items that do not already exist (or edit existing ones), directly change stats (you can create the stat books though).

You need programs like Near Infinity to create unique items and you need something like EE Keeper to edit things like class kits, change your race/class/kit etc.

As a rule i use the console to adjust romance and quest timer variables to mean i don't have to wait X game (or real time) number of minutes for dialogues to advance, NPCs to appear and the like. Changes to XP/Gold/Items/Kit/class/stats i usually do in EE Keeper, i also use Near infinity to tweak some items (Carsomyr adding +50% MR rather than the default value which sets you to 50% MR w/o stacking), maybe tweaking something like the Haye's Robe from the end of Neera's quest to being similar to Robe of Vecna, changing shapeshifter paws to adding to stats rather than assigning fixed values.
  • Thorondor85Thorondor85 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

i started BG2 after 10 years without playing :)

I am just now out of the underdark - realizing I did not pass through the sahaguin city. And I missed Gensen rope in spellhold *Shameonmebigtime*

I am trying to get the cluaconsole to get back to these locationd...

I added the line in baldur.ini file

Looks like this:
    INSERT INTO options ROWS (
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    'Fonts', 'ko_KR', 'UNBOM',
    'Fonts', 'zh_CN', 'SIMSUN',
    'Fonts', 'ja_JP', 'MSGOTHIC',

Now, I want to activate the cluaconsole in the game (after rebooting the game) but CTRL + Space does not do anything.
    It does actually do only pause the game (due to space button).

What should I do?

I am with BG2 ee v 2.2 ; french language added. On Win10

Thanks in advance!

Thor
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello!
    What you need to do is to add the line into the baldur.lua file, not the ini one (as you're on the 2.x version).
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61900/how-to-enable-the-console-in-bgee-sod-bg2ee-in-version-2-0-and-later
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Hello @Thorondor85, since v2.0 the .lua file is used instead of .ini. Check this thread for more information.

Hello,

i started BG2 after 10 years without playing :)

I am just now out of the underdark - realizing I did not pass through the sahaguin city. And I missed Gensen rope in spellhold *Shameonmebigtime*

I am trying to get the cluaconsole to get back to these locationd...

I added the line in baldur.ini file

Looks like this:
    INSERT INTO options ROWS (
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    'Fonts', 'ko_KR', 'UNBOM',
    'Fonts', 'zh_CN', 'SIMSUN',
    'Fonts', 'ja_JP', 'MSGOTHIC',

Now, I want to activate the cluaconsole in the game (after rebooting the game) but CTRL + Space does not do anything.
    It does actually do only pause the game (due to space button).

What should I do?

I am with BG2 ee v 2.2 ; french language added. On Win10

Thanks in advance!

Thor

It's actually the Baldur.lua file you need to edit, it was changed for version 1.3 and later i believe.
    Waouh thanks guys! Super fast answer!

It does work.
    Now, adding CLUAConsole:MoveToArea(AR1515)
    I get an error message
    error in function 'MoveToArea' argument #1

Do I need to add a piece of code before?

Waouh thanks guys! Super fast answer!

It does work.
    Now, adding CLUAConsole:MoveToArea(AR1515)
    I get an error message
    error in function 'MoveToArea' argument #1

Do I need to add a piece of code before?

For the EE version you drop the CLUAConsole part and simply replace with C, also need the "

so:

C:MoveToArea("AR1515")

Thorondor85JuliusBorisov
    It worked! Thanks a lot!
    Not used to cluaconsole, first time I am using it.

I am missing the second kangaxx ring from the original game I was playing back then :)
    JuliusBorisov
    edited April 2018
    Ok I got the Gesen string & few special items in Sahuagin city.

Other question related to the cluaconsole:
    I just now realized I am actually a fallen paladin.

My character is paladin but very early in the game, I did the Anomen quest wrongly apparently and I ended up with very low reputation.
    I was actually wondering why I was not able to cast cleric spells :)
    Now that I killed Kirkraag, I realized I cannot carry Casomyr+5 sword :( Damned...

I just did the fallen paladin quest, but that does change my status, Still fallen. My reputation is currently 14.

Any idea how to get rid of the fallen status? I guess via the cluaconsole as I cannot find few to get rid of the fallen status in a normal way...

Thanks!
    EDIT: I continued the paladin quests further with Sir William Reirrac. & bingo, i am not fallen any longer.
    Problem solved.
    Post edited by Thorondor85 on
    Borek
    Hey guys, I am back :)

Progressing in ToB. Not using cluaconsole much.
    But smthg annoying. For an unknown reason, at start of ToB (I think), my paladin became fallen... again.
    Is it because I was fallen before? Or I did some wrong choice? Idk but I did not loose any reputation (now at 17).

I have carsomyr+6 in my inventory... what a shame to not use it...

Any idea how to get back un fallen? Even via the cluaconsole? Or idea how to get an un fallen paladin use carsomyr?

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Thorondor85, have a look here to find a possible solution.

Gus
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks I will try. It is all specified for BG:EE but it does work the same for BG2:EE right?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Thorondor85, not sure as I have had to do it. I can't imagine why not though, it is the same engine.

Gus
  • Gonor_The_GreatGonor_The_Great Member Posts: 5
    I am playing BGIIEE on a iMac (With debug mode enabled) so when i press ctr space in-game the console comes up, But none of my add item commands work, For example:CLUAConsole:CreateItem("staf05") and i get this:

Help would be appreciated ;)
    PS. what I want is a Bag of Holding.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2018
    @Gonor_The_Great

C:CreateItem(“bag04”)
    Slande said:

Has anyone gotten the C:SetCurrentXP function to work in BG2EE? I needed to test something out the other day and couldn't get it working, I've used it tons of time in vanilla for testing purposes (I could also use EEKeeper or similar, but then I'd have to leave the game).
    I tried C:SetCurrentXP("1000000") both with and without the quotation marks "", to no avail

Here try this: C:SetCurrentXP("10000000000")

It should work ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Gonor_The_Great On the version you're currently at, use "C" instead of CLUAConsole. Also, don't forget to add the quantity.

C:CreateItem("staf05",1)

@Gonor_The_Great

C:CreateItem(“bag04”)

Sorry I keep getting this:

@Gonor_The_Great On the version you're currently at, use "C" instead of CLUAConsole. Also, don't forget to add the quantity.

C:CreateItem("staf05",1)

Thank you, That worked ;)

JuliusBorisov
    C:CreateItem(“bag04”) - again, don't forget to add the quantity.

C:CreateItem(“bag04”,1)

C:CreateItem(“bag04”) - again, don't forget to add the quantity.

C:CreateItem(“bag04”,1)

You don't need to add the quantity, it defaults to 1 if you do not specify, only need to add it if you want more than 1.