Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• JarinexJarinex Member Posts: 46
    Tbh, it’s a nice way to install lots of mods, but since it’s not as maintained as it was it falls behind, as many of the mods continue to update. I still use it to see any possible conflicts, but as I have gotten somewhat experienced with mod installations manually (and I like to install specific things and not others), I prefer it that way.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Just two cents for this BWS thing:

I have a lot of mods in BWS and every single of of them are up to date and every time I need some altering I just send it and Roxanne merges in no more than 12 hours.

Actually, my only mod that is not in BWS is DoF because I'm waiting to release some more components that depends on the order of installation of other mods before uploading it.

I'm not a big fan of BWS because I'm too stupid to set it correctly, but I do recognize that it is an awesome tool.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,354
    edited March 2018
    I like BWS as well but havent used it recently - it has a great thread as well. But back on topic...

@subtledoctor

The feats in component 200: can they be taken more than once or are they one timers?

And will they be offered to a multi F/? ?
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HalcyonHalcyon Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2018
    Is there any way to add feats to a true class fighter after getting him in the party? Asking for Sarevok, of course. Attempted to use EE_Keeper, but after "casting" the select an ability icon nothing seems to happen.
    Post edited by Halcyon on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm having a weird issue where I cannot select feats for Imoen. She gets the icon in her ability bar at the correct levels, but clicking it does nothing. The weird part, is that it ONLY happens to her. Any other npc has no issues.
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    I think I mentioned this before but component 490: Loresinger of Milil doesn't get any pickpocketing penalty, nor is it stated in the description the exact penalty, just "Reduced pickpocketing ability".
    Its the only component I'm using, I mention it just in case the pickpocket penalty is dependent on some other part of the mod.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    Speaking of the Loresinger, and the Meistersinger, one small tweak that could distinguish these two kits further is a modification to the Ring of Holiness/Honorary Ring of Sune - to make that ring available to these two divine bard kits.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

BUT making items usable by [a whole class plus one kit from a different class] is actually not easy... either impossible, or a ton of work for a relatively small result. But I'll look into it.

Pareto disapproves.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited April 2018

Actually wait, maybe it's not so bad. The rings will necesarily be wearable by tbe trueclass bard... but that's okay because I can add the bonus spells through an .eff targeting these kits. Good enough as far as I'm concerned... and quite easy to code.

A bunch of SOD items provide bonuses for specific kits, and lesser bonuses for everyone else; so maybe just set bonuses to 0 for trueclass bards? Or just set a very small bonus for bards. After all, truth is beauty, and vice versa, and bards are in the beauty and truth businesses (up to a point), so Sune, Lliira, Oghma, Deneir, Milil etc graciously allow bards a +1 bonus to saving throws when wearing holy items that channel the power of those gods.

SOD example item: Archer's Eyes.
    Post edited by Contemplative_Hamster on
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    A question about the Magical Skills feat: Is it limited to certain kits for Rogues? I have a level 9 Sniper with 15 INT, and there's no option for it.
    Ah. Is that also limited to the Use Magical Devices replacement? Was looking forward to sticking Slythe in a box of summons via wand. :tongue:
    edited April 2018
    Another issue I can't figure out how to solve with EEKeeper:
    Upon importing from SoD to BG2EE, the movement speed bonuses from Quickstride became permanent somehow, and I can't figure out which effect or local variable is responsible for it. I'll probably be recreating my character from scratch, but I'm mildly curious about what happened.

Thanks!
    Edit: Found it and killed it. I'm thinking that if exported with QS on, it becomes permanent somehow?
  • IcezeraIcezera Member Posts: 20
    Having a strange bug that whenever a party member with a kit from this mod gets hit by magic missile, their class changes to thief. In EE Keeper they still have the kit but their class changes. I have no idea what could be doing this. Any help? The only other kit mods I have are Rogue rebalancing (with only the HLA), refinements, and might and guile.

I do have spell revisions but I don't think that would cause an issue with class change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited April 2018

Crap crap crap. Just tested and confirmed that. How is that happening?
    @kjeron is opcode 72 permabent or something?

Not unless it was a change in the v2.5 beta.
    A full install of just MnG on BGEE v2.5 shows 0/0 timing/duration, and works partly in-game.
    Edwin remained Mage/Conjurer, Monk became rogue.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited April 2018
    This is quite weird:
    Melf's Acid Arrow, Fireball, and Web wouldn't alter anyone's class (jaheira/dorn/edwin/imoen/neera/monk), permanently, afterwards switched it from THIEF to BARD to check imoen.

I could not get Magic Missile to trigger the permanence when casting it with non-mages or at level 1, only when cast at higher levels when it has multiple projectiles would it occasionally become permanent.

I'm thinking it might be related to the multi-pro of Magic Missile, which is odd because that is still hard-code, it should not have changed.

More weird:
    Non-thief characters L7+ were evading spells without having the Evasion SPELLSTATE, they just needed the (instant)Thief class. Looks like the spellstate is meaningless in v2.3 as well, just needed to be a L7+ Thief.
    Well looks like it's a real problem then. Is there anything I can do in the meantime or should I reinstall without Might and Guile? Is there no problem if I just don't use the kits from MnG for my party or is there something wrong with the mod itself?
    Seriously? That's a super easy fix. Godamnit and I thought it was a problem on my end so I reinstalled my entire game+mods.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited May 2018

But if it is indeed just an issue with Magic Missile, I can make a hotfix later tonight.

I fear it's an issue with every spell that contains opcode 72 -> See the attached screenshot for further details. As @kjeron said, non-thief characters L7+ can evade those spells thanks to the instantaneous change into the Thief class....

That's probably why in IWD:EE those spells don't contain any opcode 72.....

Also for the record, I reproduced this issue using Scales of Balance v5.10 (component #170 STO: IWD-Style Spell Evasion.....)