Skip to content

The General Questions Thread

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    @toolarg
    I've looked at the advanced AI script, and it seems that "attack enemies" and "sing bard song" are a conflict of actions.

A bard with "sing bard song" active will sing his song if he is currently doing nothing and is in combat.

A bard with "attack enemies" active will only attack enemies if he is not singing his song.

Singing is higher up in the script, and thus it takes priority over attacking; a bard will *never* attack if "sing bard song" is active. I might be able to mod the script for you if you want; what is the behavior you are expecting from having both of these options selected?
    ThacoBelltoolargsemiticgoddessRaduziel
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    edited March 2018
    @Bubb well, I expected the bard to sing his song constantly until a fight breaks out, then he starts attacking. The reason is that I expect the first haul of missile attacks to benefit from the bard (skald) song or until he gets into position in the formation, and later on in SOD it would be extra useful with the Bard Hat.
    EDIT: I also can't use the control script to achieve a similar effect because I use WASD to move the camera around and switching those keys is non negotiable :smile:
    edited March 2018
    @Bubb Thanks! and yes, a BG2EE version would be greatly appreciated too!
    @toolarg
    I've updated the .zip to include the BG2EE script :)
    toolarg
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited March 2018
    Wild Mage: casting NRD is an automatic (or near automatic success - 95% as if you cast it normally) w/ level 1 spells? Sort of like in PnP you can change many cleric spells to healing spells, it's the game's way of implementing the ability to change an NRD to a level one spell (without actually having to implement it).

I could be wrong, but I think NRD is automatically a success casting level 1 spells, meaning there is virtually no reason to prepare any other level 1 spells.
    I searched the wiki and the forums but Im getting contradicting results: if charname is a Fighter/Thief does he get +1 STR or +1 DEX from the deck of many things?
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Can anyone tell me how the classes in "Usable by / Not usable by" are listed? Is it done in alphabetical order or is there some other pattern? This section is a part of item description string in vanilla, so the order really depends of the modder or translator, but in EE's it's handled by an engine. So, I wonder in what order the classes are listed in EE game.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Does anyone know what the exact number in points is for the loss of strength in the 'caster is weakened' wild surge? It plays heavily into playing a weaker character in no-reload, I'm here to tell.
    @Zaghoul
    From looking at SPWM118, (the 18th and 70th wild surges, which are the surges that apply the weakness effect), it looks like it is a -6 strength penalty.
    ZaghoulThacoBelllolien
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Just what I needed. Thanks @Bubb . :)
    lolienBubb
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2018
    How can I edit a image I would like to use it as portrait forcing it into the MEDIUM and SMALL formats?
    Must I draw a square with PAINT and shrink the borders? Is there a smarter way?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited April 2018
    rede9 said:

How can I edit a image I would like to use it as portrait forcing it into the MEDIUM and SMALL formats?
    Must I draw a square with PAINT and shrink the borders? Is there a smarter way?

My smarter way is to use PaintShop Pro and lock the crop tool to the correct aspect ratio.

Using a free solution like IrfanView or Paint, I would follow these steps.
    1. Start with a picture larger than you need.
    2. Crop the picture to where you want, paying attention to the vertical view and leaving extra in the horizontal.
    3. Shrink the picture to the proper height.
    4. Crop to the proper width.

BTW, as far as I know, the small format isn't used anymore.
    @BillyYank Oh is now only one format required?
    rede9 said:

@BillyYank Oh is now only one format required?

If you have only one, the game will scale it, so you don't need anything else. I like having the large and medium, because I make the large a full body or waist-up picture, then make the medium a close-up of the face. As long as they're both named the same (like MFightL.bmp and MFightM.bmp), the game will use the large portrait for the character sheet and the medium for the sidebar.

lolienAerakarJuliusBorisov
    @BillyYank Then should I create a large format with body and a medium format with head?
    rede9 said:

@BillyYank Then should I create a large format with body and a medium format with head?

It's your choice. I like the way it looks.
    JuliusBorisov
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    What exactly is this "EET" I keep seeing everyone refer to?
    Enhanced Edition Trilogy. It's the EE version of Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT). It combines BG1, SoA, and ToB (and SoD?) into a single game so you can play the saga all the way through.
    SharGuidesMyHandJuliusBorisov
  • hackinslashhackinslash Member Posts: 46
    Not to forget that once IWD 2.5 is released this will be included in EET so that's one huge world in a single game.....
    semiticgoddessSharGuidesMyHand
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

EET also allows you to revisit BG1, SoD, and SoA areas in the subsequent games, with the exception of the city of Baldur's Gate itself. Thus, you can stop by Beregost midway through SoD, conquer Durlag's Tower to gather money for Gaelan Bayle, or stomp Morentherene right after slaying Firkraag (though you won't be able to access Balduran's Isle unless you already got the charts from Baldur's Gate). You can even smuggle BG1 and SoD items into BG2 by storing them in a chest right after fighting Belhifet in SoD, then returning to the chest when you get out of Chateau Irenicus.

Wow, no wonder it's so popular!
    edited May 2018
    Does AI disabled turn NPC banters off?

EDIT:
    I got reputation 2 in order to be attacked by bounty-hunter because I read they have Arrows of Dispelling.
    But those one at Friendly Arm Inn hadn't got them on their corpse. And they turned guards against me and their death decreased again my reputation thereby neutral NPC left the party.
    Must I restart the game?
    Post edited by rede9 on
    http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Companions
    Here it is said: The highest XP they can have at the time of joining is: 32,000

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183524786
    But here it deals with LEVEL 6 when NPC join the first time.

Who spoke the truth?
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    32,000 is enough experience for level 6 for every class save Ranger and Paladin. So the level 6 entries for Ajantis, Minsc, and Kivan might never be used.

Uhmm. Let's see. AI shouldn't turn banters off, as far as I know. Do you have an Autosave before you traveled to the Friendly Arm Inn? You should be able to donate money to temples to get your reputation up, and shouldn't have to restart if that's the case.
    JuliusBorisov
    Neverused said:

32,000 is enough experience for level 6 for every class save Ranger and Paladin. So the level 6 entries for Ajantis, Minsc, and Kivan might never be used.

32000 isn't enough either for Neera.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I think EE doesn't use the old system of characters joining the party at level X. I think EE just puts everyone at level 1 or 2, then gives them additional XP based on the party's average XP. Thus, if you had a Charname with 32,000 XP, then recruited Neera, she would be a level 1 character with 32,000 XP, enough to get her to level 5 but not 6.

Baeloth is at least one exception, though. If you have enough XP (I think 32,000), you can find him in Peldvale or maybe the Larswood by the tower in the south end of the map. He starts at level 6.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @semiticgod Not quite. Each NPC has a base level that they start at, and the game gives them exp up to a certain threshold. Early attainable npcs like Khalid, Xzar, etc. start at level 1. But later ones have a higher base starting level. No matter when you get Coran, he will start at a high enough level to already have his mastery in bows.
    semiticgoddessAerakarlolienJuliusBorisov