Skip to content

Request Modfile for Android BGEE

Comments

• Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    Do you drop this modfile into override? Looks interesting!
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Allanon81, the install procedure here is the same as a previously answered post with a difference...

This modfile is being made with a set of characters in mind. This means that you will also need to grab the saved game files (the latest and a couple of the earlier ones as well which have some different modded characters).

Word of warning! I am not a modder and there is a lot of hacking here. None of the descriptions have been updated, spell icons/weapons may not represent the spell/weapon as they are written. Some of the spells are from Irenicus's spell book (but you wont know which ones :smile: unless you read previous posts) and weapons may have been changed to suite the theme of the char. Char Summons/Shapechanges aren't what are expected...

They are modded to Xhoblaim's requirements and gaming style but again would be very interesting to play. If you have played BG2 to the en'th degree, then not knowing will add some spice. To play the characters, you will need to either export the character (and weapons etc) and import, or start using a saved game and remove the character(s) you don't want to play. Use the later saved games in the discussion as some of the games in the middle were corrupted for some reason and text was in places it shouldn't be.

@Xhoblaim: could you add more info on the way you play/enjoy the modfile content?

Either way, there is certainly no harm in trying out the content. If it doesn't work for you, just delete the override folder, lang.zip and the saved games. All gone!

Enjoy
    Gus
    Xhoblaim
  • XhoblaimXhoblaim Member Posts: 446
    @Gusinda Sure thing! I personally have been playing BG since BG2 SoA first released back in ancient times. I learned that there were ways to modify the game to do some interesting things and enhance gameplay (Note: I dont recommend this modfile to those new to the game) and so, my request was put in.

Big ups to Gusinda! Mans a magician i swear.

The idea i had with the modded characters was to create characters based on themes i thought would be cool to play, problem is the ideas are a bit too OP and i wanted to balance that so "Insane Mode" seemed like a good place to unleash the fury. Now im hooked, i can make any type of character i can think of and kick some @$$ while still being weak enough to be killed...very easily i might add lol. So to sum things up, my play style is more like "Go big or go home!" style. May not be for everyone, but works for me :smiley: !
    Gusinda
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    The 147 Clean is the save file? And I can just start that save, export the characters and start a new game?
    @Allanon81 if installation is correct, then yes.
    @Gisinda Hey i finally tried to give the Elistraee mod a run and got a wall of text in the drow tavern, west staircase. Im guessing the mod triggers there given there is no place else a wall of random txt pops out lol. I ran through the drow city and underdark tryin to find quest triggers and got nada. Maybe im missin somethin..
    Hi @Xhoblaim, I have never played the mod myslef. Would you be able to upload a saved game to have a look at?
    I should have some more additions/subtractions for Valen later.

@Allanon81, as @Xhoblaim has indicated, you would be able to start a new game this way. However, there are some characters that have customised weapons and they willl get lost (as everything is taken from you on a new start and only certain weapons are placed elsewhere).
    You can get around this by starting a new game through an import, moving the game to the multiplayer saved game area and importing the character again and stripping them of their weapons (or which ever ones you want), throwing them out and moving the saved game back into single player area again to continue on.
    You can also just play the whole thing from the multiplayer area, but then you have other considerations.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Xhoblaim, here is the latest on Valen.
    Updated, so give them a whirl:
    -Drop the traps.. Too many skills already lol. [Done]
    -Drop Golden Dragon buff but keep Viper. [Done]
    -instead of shadow slip i got shadow clone lol. [Whoops, Slip fixed]
    -Give him the ninja ability Poison Wep [Done]
    -Needs ninja melee ability icey blades. Its the skill before Viper/Dragon skill. [Done]
    -The summons dmg is perfect, Valen himself is a jus a wee bit too tuff. Instead of +10 dmg, lets try +5. [Done]
    -Give him the Bloodsuck ability with reduced saves if you can. Think its the one hexxant has. [Done, also added a couple of others she had that were vampire related]
    -Can we color his weps black for the blade and purple for the hilt, with a purple glow? [see if it is what you expect]

Not so good:
    - Tried to double up on the spells (Golden Dragon and Viper), but it always ended up using the last effect only. It prob needs a heavier look at it.
    - Shuriken - maybe it wasn't finished as I couldn't find a BAM that would match and there was nothing in the install folder for the mod. There was a Ninja spell called Flurry of Shuriken, so I added it to Valen to have a look at.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    Hi @Xhoblaim, small question.. I am about to start on the Ninja but I am unsure who it is :smile: I have two saved files, one with Kenshi, Valen, Khaos, Xhobliam and the other with Valen, Ryu, Ayame and NARUTO . I know it isn't Valen, Khoas or Xhoblaim. For the others, Kenshi is a Kensai, Ryu a Palemaster, Ayame a Wildmage, and NARUTO is a Shadowdancer.

Thanks
    Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited May 2018
    @Gusinda ah ok, the ninjas are Ayame and Ryu. Kenshi is a my Samurai, Khaos is gonna need a couple spells from the chaos sorc items, Naruto is just there so you can have a look at his clone spell bcuz I wanted something similar for the ninjas (looks like summon fire elemental icon) . Was bout to send you a few new save games here shortly. One is at the location of the Kara Tur mod, another at the drow city for Elistraee mod, and an updated save of the characters. Once you load the saves on location for the mods you will find that wall of text that i think is preventing the quests from triggering.

As for Valen, his skills should look as follows:
    -Flurry of shuriken (needs slight dmg increase)
    -Rime Slash (Passive if you can, when its a skill it can be cast more than once and it just takes up space after its cast. If not thats fine)
    -Ninja poison wep (needs small dmg increase)
    -Ninja Viper buff
    -Shadow slip
    -Smoke Bomb
    -Blood Drain
    -Shapechage shadow
    -Summon shadows
    Remove any others not on this list. This should clean it up a bit...
    Now, for what skills to add:
    -Shadow Form (shadowdancer skill)
    -Cloak of Fear
    -Aura of Despair (skill that lowers AC and a few others)
    -Theres a vamp ability like Blood Drain that can cause death if you fail save. I just dnt remember the name of the skill. I think i seen hexxant use it. Maybe Bohdi as well. That would be the last skill.

Cosmetic Changes: That purple glow from that you get when equipping the nova sword, can Valen glow like that permanently without the weapon? That would be really awesome. Can you also make his clubs look like the Chaos blade and the other purple sword you made? This should complete Valen all together.

Thanks bro

Gusinda
    edited May 2018
    @Gusinda This is jus some stuff i came across browsing around. Take what we can from these, mostly item stuff.
    Heres a link to a mod i wanna see if it can fit in the modfile: http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=128&Itemid=100
    Wont let me upload..
    Gusinda
    @Gusinda Crap i forgot, can you console those items on a character? If thats cool, may the hunt begin lol.
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, have done some more with Valen:

Valen:
    I transfered the up to date Valen to the new save, so hopefully it won't conflict.
    Abilities Keep:
    -Blood Drain
    -Ninja Viper buff
    -Shadow slip
    -Smoke Bomb
    -Shapechange shadow
    -Summon shadows

-Flurry of shuriken (needs slight dmg increase) Took it from 1-3 damage to 1-6
    -Rime Slash (Passive if you can, when its a skill it can be cast more than once and it just takes up space after its cast. If not thats fine) - Can't get this to happen...
    -Ninja poison wep (needs small dmg increase) - Increased damge but it will do this for any poison damage... (Likely including against your party)

Removed the rest of the abilities

Additional
    -Shadow Form (shadowdancer skill)
    -Cloak of Fear
    -Aura of Despair (skill that lowers AC and a few others)
    - The Blood Like Drain ability is likely to be the Blood Drain. If you have a low constitution or get them enough (drains 1-4 CON), then if they go below 0, they die; uses Save vs Death Saving Throw. Neither Hexxant or Bohdi has any other spells (that I can see...).

Cosmetic Changes:
    - Purple glow
    - Can you also make his clubs look like the Chaos blade [I couldn't find any clubs that he might have had...]

Saved Games:
    For the Saved games, can't do much at the moment with SHSForums down. Will have a look when they come back up. In the meanwhile, try going to Cromwell and see if he offers anything for Eilistraee's Song (He should have 2). Also, have a look here for some discussion.

The additional items:
    Unfortunately these are going to fit well. Their description are heading off to everywhere. I have added a couple of items (on Valen) to give you a look at what I mean.
    - From Gamesmbry Items - Belt BELTSPED Belt of Speed
    - MMAROW - Arrows Of Magic Missile
    - Stardusts Swords - Netheril Blade

Let me know if your want/don't want.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda ahhh ok. So thats why the drow dude came at the end of the underdark after i saved him. He said some stuff and gave me somethin then left. It says the mod triggers later in the game so i guess ill have to play further, although last time i did, i didnt find anything. Shall give it another go. The kara tur mod quest for the store still gives me the snowflake and stuff but doesnt trigger anywhere elstheMentions something about a ship in the southwest, but i found nada.
    Hopefully the site comes up soon lol. Was wondering what happened..

Thanks for the info on blood drain. I couldnt figure out how it was killing ppl lol.

As far as things fitting well, maybe one of the shops i added with new stuff is conflicting or something? Jus a guess.

Sry about the clubs, could swore i put them on him. Ill add them on the next save. Ill test everything today.
    Gusinda
    edited May 2018
    @Gusinda Ok change of plans. I decided to scrap Ryu and Ayame. Kenshi and Valen are pretty much the same thing. Im gonna replace them with sylvanas. I got a really cool voice set for her, will post her later. Also decided to keep the arrows only if you can nerf the dmg and thaco bonus a lil bit. No...make that alot for thaco. Almost gives -20 by itself lol O_o.
    For this save:
    Valen: Hes good. Just need some cosmetic stuff. His glow doesnt save when exported unfortunately, also could you make the color of the glow purple and slow pulse? Then hes perfect! Muwahahaha. Could you raise the thaco with the gloves? Hes at -5 and needs like -12 to hit mobs in endgame on insane mode, If not its cool. I also had the idea of making his shadows have the same glow.. If this is possible, hell yea. Scrap his weapon ideas.. Gonna have him use his fists.
    Kenshi:
    - Add Rime Slash
    - Add Rhalitos Light Bend. Make it look like Rhalitos version. He spawns when you rest outside and casts it on himself first thing. Looks like a glowing blur spell.
    - Offensive and Defensive spin
    - Aoe Call lightning. That strikes more than one target with incrased duration. If not thats cool. Thunderstorm is the idea.
    - Absolute imunity: instant cast, only put this if you can make it look like the ninja viper buff but light blue.
    This should do for now.. After these guys, Sylvana is next along with some spell clean up on Zahara (Chaos sorc gains too many spells lol).
    Post edited by Xhoblaim on
    Gusinda
    edited May 2018
    @Gusinda i knew i was gonna forget something! Valens shadows need more movement speed. Match his speed (with gear). Also, can you give Cloak of Fear some kind of glow? So i can know when the spell ends since theres no buff icon for it.
    Last thing - can you give valens Shadow shapechange permanent Viper buff? Nerf his dmg a bit as well, shouldn't hit harder than 45 dmg. I gave it some thought and figured he should have turn undead too (if you can) along with a purple cast animation for shadow summons.

Edit: I just noticed Valen doesnt have Shadow Form (Shadowdancer skill).
    Post edited by Xhoblaim on
    Gusinda
    Hi @Xhoblaim, sorry about the time delay but unfortunately other things have priority... but I will play with the files when I get the time.

Attached are the latest with the following changes:
    - Extra speed for Shadow Fiends
    - Cloak of Fear - There is a glow already for the cloak but the duration of the spell is very short. I think it is over when the glow finishes.
    - Shadowform - gave it to him, just missed out adding it to memory. Now has it in memory...
    - Shadow - reduction in damage by 5, changed cast animation for Shadow
    - permanent Viper Buff for Shadow (Couldn't do it, so I added more into memory).

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    Aw that sucks for viper buff... Maybe give perm non detection and change the buff animation to that of viper? Jus an idea, something along those lines may work. For the Cloak of Fear, it can be removed actually.. The Aura of Despair pretty much does the same thing. Have a replacement idea, but its prolly not possible. Will wait for the rest of the changes first.
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, no probs. I shall try for the non-detection, remove the cloak, and start playing with the Ninja characters.
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda hey Gus, could you make that katana (Nethril Blade) a 2hd one real quick? Need a 2hnd for Kenshi...
    Gusinda
    Hi @Xhoblaim, are you talking about the Celestial Fury? If so, then the last saved game we had with Kensia, the CFs were 2 handed. If it isn't, I went hunting for Nethril Blade in the Katana section and could see one. It might have been an addon.

Gus
    edited June 2018
    @Gusinda remember the items you added to the modfile? The arrows, belt and sword? Well the sword that was added was a katana. It has screwy text, but still works. It looks like ethereal skyblue color. The vanillia icon looks like the Equalizer sword(?) (the one that deals dmg based on alignment). Its on a save a couple posts back i believe.
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, gottcha, The Stardust's Sword. I don't have time right now, but will fix later today.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Xhobliam, this the Nethril Katana made Two-Handed. It has keep all its other attributes, but if youwant to have extra damage for the 2 hands (currently 1-10+5).

To install, just rename the file removing the .txt extension and copy to override. I will add it to the next full modfile...

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited June 2018
    @Xhoblaim, here are some mods made to the Ninja types:

- Added Nethril Sword to override

-Removed the exploding shuriken skill (Is that Flurry of Shurikens?)
    -Removed the face change skill
    -Increased skill charges to 4 for all skills
    -Removed all trap skills
    -UAI to both
    -Add "Blade Shower" spell to innate skills (maybe just the secondary part of the spell, thats what initiates the attack. The first part just turns it from a spell to an innate ability.. I think this is pointless lol. Cast it normally and you will see what i mean.
    - Add Guile (Summoner of Thieves). Made to show in innate. Instant cast on caster. Changed animation to smoke? If this isn't the effect, let me know which effect (which spells shows it etc...). Not so sure about the reflecting characters image for both.
    - Increased blade shower from 1-6 to 2-12.

Ayame
    - Poison weapon ninja ability - done
    - Abundent Step - (white icon teleport skill) - done
    - Skin same color color as ryu - done

Ryu
    - hair and skin the same dark black color of his armor, (Looks odd, see what you think with them all the same colour)
    - color his armor all black as well as the primary & secondary colors

See how it goes..
    Gus

Edit: fixed Ayame statements
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    Xhoblaim
    edited June 2018
    @Gusinda lol i think we may have gotten off on the wrong page. Like 2 or 3 posts ago i mentioned scrapping the ninjas due to characters previously worked on being similar or identical. I did manage to narrow down the ideal concept for a ninja, but was gonna go into detail with it after Valen and Kenshi were completed.

Details on the changes for Kenshi are a couple posts ago. the save with his character is there as well.

I know you are really busy lol. Just wanna be sure we still on track :smiley:
    No rush, take ur time..
    Xhoblaim said:

@Gusinda i knew i was gonna forget something! Valens shadows need more movement speed. Match his speed (with gear). Also, can you give Cloak of Fear some kind of glow? So i can know when the spell ends since theres no buff icon for it.
    Last thing - can you give valens Shadow shapechange permanent Viper buff? Nerf his dmg a bit as well, shouldn't hit harder than 45 dmg. I gave it some thought and figured he should have turn undead too (if you can) along with a purple cast animation for shadow summons.

Edit: I just noticed Valen doesnt have Shadow Form (Shadowdancer skill).

Xhoblaim said:

@Gusinda Ok change of plans. I decided to scrap Ryu and Ayame. Kenshi and Valen are pretty much the same thing. Im gonna replace them with sylvanas. I got a really cool voice set for her, will post her later. Also decided to keep the arrows only if you can nerf the dmg and thaco bonus a lil bit. No...make that alot for thaco. Almost gives -20 by itself lol O_o.
    For this save:
    Valen: Hes good. Just need some cosmetic stuff. His glow doesnt save when exported unfortunately, also could you make the color of the glow purple and slow pulse? Then hes perfect! Muwahahaha. Could you raise the thaco with the gloves? Hes at -5 and needs like -12 to hit mobs in endgame on insane mode, If not its cool. I also had the idea of making his shadows have the same glow.. If this is possible, hell yea. Scrap his weapon ideas.. Gonna have him use his fists.
    Kenshi:
    - Add Rime Slash
    - Add Rhalitos Light Bend. Make it look like Rhalitos version. He spawns when you rest outside and casts it on himself first thing. Looks like a glowing blur spell.
    - Offensive and Defensive spin
    - Aoe Call lightning. That strikes more than one target with incrased duration. If not thats cool. Thunderstorm is the idea.
    - Absolute imunity: instant cast, only put this if you can make it look like the ninja viper buff but light blue.
    This should do for now.. After these guys, Sylvana is next along with some spell clean up on Zahara (Chaos sorc gains too many spells lol).

Edit: I mentioned that Ayame was to be dropped but this was a mistake, my apologies. Also, drop the Valen stuff as well. Just his glow not being able to save is his only issue. After Kenshi's changes, we will dive into the ninja build. :wink:
    (Sylvanna will come after Ayame)
    @Xhoblaim, I must have been in distracted mode... :smile: So if I get this right, it is only Kenshi and Ayame to be done. Once they are complete, we put Sylvanus into Ninja mode.

Amaye was part of today's update. Is there much else to do there?

I will do some Kenshi work for the next update.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Xhoblaim, attached are the files for Kenshai. Not sure what is happening but the saved game was corrupt again so I have cleaned it up.
    The work done:

Ayame:
    - Put the new version of Ayame in this game.

Kenshi:
    - Added Offensive and Defensive spin
    - Added Rime Slash
    - Added Absolute imunity with ninja viper buff ( the colour is in the animation itself so not light blue).
    - Added Rhalitos Light Bend
    - Aoe Call lightning - Will need to be tested properly. It's the one that has 1 bolt per 4 levels of caster (Chain Lightning)

Gus

Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda AHA! I found the summon animation i was lookin for. Its the one that the spell "Summon Ghast" has.. Ya remember the green skeleton summon you gave to grimlocke a while back? That skeleton has a summon animation that looks like a smoke bomb went off. I wanted to try and apply that to the Guile spell.

Ayame is right on the money! Only prob is that, the one you put the skills on wasnt the spellshaper version i made lol. No biggie, ill upload a new save with her in it. The blade shower spell, can you change the projectile look? If so, anything that looks like a ninja star? If theres no ninja star-looking one then i guess a projectile like the ones staffs shoot but purple.

Sylvannas is a ranger (BM) project for later. Ayame is gonna be used for the groundwork on the ninja concept.
    Gusinda
    edited June 2018
    @Gusinda GEE WILLIKERS BATMAN! i know whats corrupting the games. Take a look at RYUs inventory...you will notice he has spellshaper gloves there... Those shouldnt be there lol. This happened to him after i played a game with a modder who was doing some game breakin stuff O_o and screwed up Ryu. Thankfully, hes not needed anyway. I think if he is deleted from the save, it should be ok. If hes left in the game, he gonna mess up somethin.. always does lol.
    Gusinda